I view Acts 2 as a reclaiming of the Nations after being dispersed at the Tower of Babel. The Nations were disinherited and immediately Abraham was called to be the "father" of God's portion, Israel. The other Nations were given over to their "passion fruit" and lesser divine beings ("Beney Elohim") governed over them as punishment.

The 120 that were present at the event of Pentecost were inspired to accept the gospel and go back to their "homeland" to preach the good news. They were astonded that the gospel was being spoken in their own native language by people who would otherwise not be able to utter a single word they could understand. This is God's way of reclaiming the scattered people and infiltrating the false god worshiping Nations with the True Word of The Most High God.

I believe this event actually happened (not merely allegorical) as did other events depicted in scripture. Those who do NOT see the Kingdom as being here and now in any way are mistaken; Jesus' mere presence on earth brought the Kingdom. However, it is here - but not yet; there is more to come. The full manifestation of the Kingdom is literal in my opinion; a global Eden. Obviously, the language used by the ancients to describe such a Kingdom comes from an ancient worldview using descriptive analogies understood by those who were their contemporaries.

It would be counterproductive and useless to write in any other way; we, in this day and age, have the ability and resources to learn the ancient languages, traditions and cultures so that we can better understand the context and mindset of an "Israelite" and the ancient near east culture they lived in.

In my opinion:

To say NOTHING is allegorical is folly. To say EVERYTHING is allegorical is also folly.

Why do we care about what people did thousands of years ago? Because the Author and Creator of the Heavens and earth is unlimited in His ability and capacity and He knows that the lives of the people He directly spoke to in biblical times would benefit us greatly if we interpret the meaning and message He has authored through them by His Divine Providence.

Allegory is a most useful and beneficial tool for teaching. However, it does NOT totally dismiss or negate the literal; they work symbiotically to convey The Way our Father wants us to live our actual lives.

Here is a excellent teaching directly related to this post:

http://www.nakedbiblepodcast.com/nak...37-acts-21-21/