Thread: The Gift

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by doug555 View Post
    Good question! I think you are referring to Eph 1:20 and 2:6. The NAS says "seated".... Now contrast your view with the question raised in Acts 1:6-7. If the kingdom was already "conferred", why did the Apostles ask this question? (BTW: the word "conferred" does not appear in the NT in the context you cite.)
    Good question but Acts 1 might be a bit too early (Luke 24:49 probably relates to your question). Instead of Acts 1, look at the events of Acts 2 (i.e. post ascension 'kathizo' event). As for the significance of Pentecost, I have found that: helpful is comprehending the mystery of the shofar.
    Last edited by allodial; 03-16-15 at 02:05 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    Acts 2 is the written record of the conferring (i.e. the 'kathizo' event). Acts 1 is too early. As for the original significance of Petencost, comprehension of the usefuless and mystery of the shofar might be greatly helpful.
    The only thing conferred by that event was the gift of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, which is what the Father had promised to give them (Acts 1:4; 2:4, 33, 38).

May I ask where are you getting this idea of "conferring the kingdom"?