Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sky Serpents

Sky Serpents

For what its worth...
    Name:  fortean_times_4135_7.jpg
Views: 1324
Size:  26.1 KB
    Sky Serpents
    The flying snakes that terrorised America!
    Text: Jerome Clark / Images: Alex Tomlinson

One day in early 1833, a native chief approached two Western missionaries working on the Indonesian island of Sumatra to relate a bizarre experience. The chief, Tam Basar by name, swore that he and a companion had seen a snake flying through the air. Fearing that it was danger*ous, they killed it when it landed near them. When the missionaries expressed incredulity, the chief insisted that he was telling the truth. He added that the snake, 4ft (1.2m) long, had no wings, which to the listeners only made the story more far-fetched.

A year later, in January 1834, one of those missionaries, NM Ward, happened to be walking through a forest near the Pedang-Bessie River, a mile or so (1.6km) from the location where the flying snake had allegedly appeared. He and a companion stopped to study a particularly tall tree. Looking up, they were stunned to see a flying snake, exactly as described by the native informant. Four feet long and wingless, it was moving rapidly through the air from the tree they were standing under to another about 240ft (73m) away.

“Thus,” Ward wrote in the Missionary Herald of March 1841, “was I convinced of the existence of flying serpents; and, on inquiry, I found some of the natives, accustomed to the forest, aware of the fact.”

Ward went on to write that Dutch natur*alists working in the area didn’t believe him, any more than he had believed Tam Basar. The sceptics, however, were wrong. There are five species of “flying” snakes in South and Southeastern Asia; flying is in quotes because the creat*ures are actually gliding or parachuting. Herpetologists do not dispute their existence, and many photographs, films, and videos exist, as do collected specimens. What Ward saw, in other words, was nothing otherworldly.

But what about this?

In June 1873, a farmer identified as Mr Hardin, who lived a few miles east of Bonham, Texas, observed, along with workers in nearby fields, an “enormous serpent… as large and long as a telegraph pole… of a yellow striped colour”, in the words of the Bonham Enterprise. That would have been remarkable enough, except that this was floating in a cloud heading in an easterly direction. The witnesses “could see it coil itself up, turn over, and thrust forward its huge head as if striking at something, displaying the manœuvres of a genuine snake”.

At Fort Scott, Kansas, not long afterwards, at mid-morning on the 26th of the same month, two persons, unnamed but described as “reliable parties” willing to swear to it by affidavit, reported seeing a “huge serpent, apparently perfect in form” encircle the Sun. It was clearly visible for a short time, then vanished from sight.

The New York Times took note of the two stories in successive editions on 6 and 7 July. It called the Bonham sighting “the very worst case of delirium tremens on record”. In the following edition, noting the Kansas report in the wake of the equally implausible one from Texas, an editorial writer sputtered: “It will soon be time for a national prohibitory liquor law, if this sort of thing is to continue.” [More]
    Related:
    Last edited by allodial; 03-17-15 at 08:17 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post

For what its worth...

What's that in your tagline? --> "No value assured"

On a more serious note, I have no personal experiences w/ supernatural.....but do believe --> "There's more to life than meets the eye"

NASA Photo: Huge Snake Creature In The Sky

http://beforeitsnews.com/beyond-scie...y-2441412.html

Sky Serpent UFO'S

2:35 he talks about the legend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REf4yXL1LCE

Sky serpents in flight
    Afternoon delight....

The dark eyed woman - rising - those who looked upon the Serpent that Moses RAISED up in the wilderness did not die!

Num 21:8 And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.

Rev 5:1 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

Honor thy Mother - El Shaddai - Wisdom

H6096
    aw-tseh'

From H6095; the spine (as giving firmness to the body): - back bone.
    Last edited by Michael Joseph; 03-17-15 at 09:14 PM.
    The blessing is in the hand of the doer. Faith absent deeds is dead.

Lawful Money Trust Website

Divine Mind Community Call - Sundays 8pm EST

ONE man or woman can make a difference!

Sky rockets in flight... great song without reference to serpents.

It might be worth noting that 'reptile' (per etymology) is a general term for a "low order" creeping animal and the idea that "snake" or "serpentine" could have a variety of meanings across language even meaning something that extends or flows in a line or leaving a trail.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2

Sky rockets in flight... great song without reference to serpents.

It might be worth noting that 'reptile' (per etymology) is a general term for a "low order" creeping animal and the idea that "snake" or "serpentine" could have a variety of meanings across language even meaning something that extends or flows in a line or leaving a trail.
    that of course would be the lower carnal meaning. The higher meaning of Serpent is Wisdom.

The dictionary meaning and etymology of 'reptile' is 'crawling/creeping' things and that is "carnal meaning"? A rope being described as 'serpentine' is 'carnal'? Etymology is carnal? Interesting.

On the note of etymology. It seems that the Hebrew language is remarkably different from Greek language in that words for very different things can be similar because its more an 'active' or concrete language. Or, at least the way words are thought out is to knowledge very different.

Consider the words "arc", "carriage", "cargo", "circle", "creek", "crack", "race" ..a Hebrew thought root might be along the lines of "it follows a defined path" ("arc"). Perhaps consider for a moment: "Nissan Pathfinder".) So seemingly unrelated things might have similar spellings: things burns when touched or that appear to be on fire or that glow glows as if they were on fire might have similar spelling--but might be rather unrelated beyond the base functional/active and concrete natures.

Name:  Ark.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  181.1 KB
    Seraphim might glows as if afire--things that are aflame tend to be burning or appear to be burning might have similar spellings. A serpent's venom if it gets in your eye or in your blood burns (excruciatingly so I've heard). It might be said that Hebrew words tend to be rather 'active' or 'action oriented'. A serpent's venom burns while Seraphim might appear to be 'burning' or 'aflame' though Seraphim aren't necessarily dragons or snakes. The word 'serpent' at its root is 'burning' or 'aflame'. The word often translated for Sun is in Hebrew similar to the word 'shimmer'...which is a lot like Summer.

Name:  1917212_orig.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  51.1 KB

For further edification: the word for shepherd is 'roeh' (resh - ayin - heh). Is not a racecar shepherded by its driver (droehver?) around the predefined path/track? You know like he-roe (like Superman or superhero). So if you follow a path, perhaps you shepherd your body. The Good Shepherd keeps those under his care away from dangers, away from snakes--i.e. keeps them on a defined path.

With arc, circle, etc. I allude to the Hebrew word orahh meaning a path followed by travelers. However, I also illustrates is relation to the word for shepherd and now the word for chauffered and chaperone. The 'hh' probably comes off as a hard 'c'. I suppose I can 'see across languages' when I read.

Someone might ask: "Can I borrow your 'it-is-guided'?" or "Can I borrow your I-shepherd-it?"

Name:  image_of_will_ferrell_sunburn.jpg
Views: 1536
Size:  85.8 KB
    It seems rather clear that the Hebrew etymological sense of the word 'serpent' is more of a focus on the burn (you know like getting 'burned' from a bad deal) from the venom rather than being much of a fixation on its reptilian nature. Venom (whether it comes out flaming or not) is important for a serpent to be able to eat (In the movie Jurassic Park, raptors would blind their prey with their venom). Perhaps that gets to the heart of why people who make rotten, scandalous deals are called 'snakes' (i.e. the victims get burned by the venom (ideas, lies, tongue-stuff of the perpetrator). The perpetrator gets to 'eat' from the takings. However, some people figure it out before its too late. No doubt, such experiences can lead to wisdom. Who on Earth would ever suggest the the 'snake' or 'conman' to be author of any wisdom gained?

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. (Proverbs 1:7)
    (Fear as in reverence.)

Re: Wisdom.
    Could it be that wisdom comes from seeing that instead of living waters or life-giving waters flowing out of the Great Dragon's mouth out flows rivers of venom that blind and poison and bring about spiritual and/or physical death? Quite a contrast to rivers of living waters, no? Could it be that wisdom, rather than coming from the snake itself, might instead come from the experience or observations of the undesirable side effects of playing with snakes or other things that burn?
    Last edited by allodial; 03-18-15 at 01:00 PM.

The dictionary meaning and etymology of 'reptile' is 'crawling/creeping' things and that is "carnal meaning"? A rope being described as 'serpentine' is 'carnal'? Etymology is carnal? Interesting.

On the note of etymology. The Hebrew language is remarkably different from Greek language in that words for very different things can be similar because its more an 'active' or concrete language. Or, at least the way words are thought out is to knowledge very different.

Consider the words "arc", "circle", "creek", "crack", "race" ..a Hebrew thought root might be along the lines of "it follows a defined path" ("arc"). So seemingly unrelated things might have similar spellings: things burns when touched or that appear to be on fire or that glow glows as if they were on fire might have similar spelling--but might be rather unrelated beyond the base functional/active and concrete natures. Seraphim might glows as if afire--things that are aflame tend to be burning or appear to be burning might have similar spellings. A serpent's venom if it gets in your eye or in your blood burns (excruciatingly so I've heard). Hebrew words tend to be rather 'active' or 'action oriented'. A serpent's venom burns while Seraphim might appear to be 'burning' or 'aflame' though Seraphim aren't necessarily dragons or snakes. The word 'serpent' at its root is 'burning' or 'aflame'. The word often translated for Sun is in Hebrew similar to the word 'shimmer'...which is a lot like Summer.

For further edification the word for shepherd is 'roeh' (resh - ayin - heh). Is not a racecar shepherded by its driver around the predefined path/track? You know like he-roe (like Superman or superhero). So if you follow a path, you shepherd your body. The Good Shepherd keeps those under his care away from dangers, away from snakes--i.e. keeps them on a defined path.

With arc, circle, etc. I allude to the Hebrew word orahh meaning a path followed by travellers. However, I also illustrates is relation to the word for shepherd and now the word for chauffered and chaperone. The 'hh' probably comes off as a hard 'c'. I suppose I can 'see across languages' when I read.

[The Hebrew etymological sense of serpent might be more of a focus you get burned by the (you know like from a making a bad deal) from the venom rather than being much of a fixation on its reptilian nature. Venom is important for a serpent to be able to eat. That's why people call people snakes (in reference to getting 'burned'/'serpented' who make rotten, scandalous deals).]

Re: Wisdom.
    Could it be that wisdom comes from seeing that instead of living waters or life-giving waters flowing out of the Great Dragon's mouth out flows rivers of venom that blind and poison and bring about spiritual and/or physical death? Quite a contrast to rivers of living waters, no? Could it be that wisdom, rather than come from the snake itself, comes from the experience or observations of the nasty side effects of playing with snakes or other things that burn?
    Let's go shoot the bull or chew the fat or that was pie in the sky. Look those terms up and get back to me. Let me know if you need a gun to go hunting.

Flood of waters out of Dragons mouth are lies - carnal thoughts or 1/2 truths - Jacob's spotted cattle. Another idiom.

Fire as it were in the lower minds of mankind must be quenched by messengers from the Higher Mind.

Next to , owning nothing in the world, not the least thing, and then throwing myself in the water as tribute , I find most is that pleasure in speaking a foreign language our truth, preferably a living truth, in order to become estranged from ones self . Yet a man still remains unpopular who thinks a thought through to the end. That is why Christ was unpopular, notwithstanding he used no technical terms; for me to keep a hold of my 'ignorance' requires more vital effort than the whole biblical dogma that claims man,s poverty to be that very ignorance a man who has built a vast palace while he himself lives nearby in a barn; ignorance are matters of the spirit Spiritually, a man's thoughts must be in the building in which he lives—otherwise it's wrong last words of your enemy is the silence now of a friend. sky pilots wash there hands of it first then claim your ignorance.your welcome to follow but its what u feel in Christ not how anybody could follow Christ like any group. no one opens or closes for Christ