This is a cut-n-paste from another website.
Re: Booked as "John Doe"
by Shuftin » December 9th, 2011, 2:16 am

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Lujack
I am unfamiliar with the Stop & Identify law, or what might be the Law of the Street in LA
it is unlawful to arrest someone simply to ID them in many States.
I just did an independent study of this subject in the Georgia Statutes a month or so back. Damned if I DID NOT keep notes, oh well. So from memory, for now.

Police officer: "I need to 'Identify' you." First of all, a police officers "NEEDS" are not your problem, no more than a crackheads "NEEDS" are your problem. But to the Georgia Statutes I went. Yes, a Person is required to "Identify" himself/herself upon demand. But still!!! A police officers "NEEDS" are not your problem, no more than a crackheads "NEEDS" are your problem. Back to the topic. To "Identify" yourself means just that, to "Identify" yourself. How does one "Identify" oneself? Easy. "I am the owner of this house," "I am the owner of this business," "I am the owner of this car," etc., etc., etc., "I am your worst nightmare," etc., etc., etc. Pursuant to Georgia Statute, you have just "Identified" yourself. To "Identify" yourself pursuant to Statute does not require a Christian "Name" composed of a first middle and last name.

Police officer: "I need to know your 'Name'." First of all, a police officers "NEEDS" are not your problem, no more than a crackheads "NEEDS" are your problem. But to the Georgia Statutes I went. The term "Name" is listed 2,514 times in the Georgia Statutes. Of these 2,514 times that the term "Name" is listed in the Georgia Statutes, not once was it spelled out that a "Name" is composed of a first middle and last name. Whenever the term "Name" is used in the Statutes, it is listed as "A Name", "The Name", or "His/Her Name," always in the singular. This is why I was conducting this independent study. My singular "Name" is Shuftin, should I choose to give it.

And by the way. A "Name" need not be given unless a citation is written. A citation needs be applied to a "Name." Meaning??? No citation, no "Name" required.

Hopefully I will inspire others to conduct their own independent research into their own respective State Statutes on this subject.

Police officer: "I need you to roll down your window." First of all, a police officers "NEEDS" are not your problem, no more than a crackheads "NEEDS" are your problem.
Police officer: "I need to see your ID." First of all, a police officers "NEEDS" are not your problem, no more than a crackheads "NEEDS" are your problem.
Police officer: "I need you to step out of your vehicle." First of all, a police officers "NEEDS" are not your problem, no more than a crackheads "NEEDS" are your problem.
Police officer: "I need you to step to the back of the vehicle'." First of all, a police officers "NEEDS" are not your problem, no more than a crackheads "NEEDS" are your problem.
Police officer: "I need you to empty out your pockets." First of all, a police officers "NEEDS" are not your problem, no more than a crackheads "NEEDS" are your problem.
Police officer: "I need you to turn around." First of all, a police officers "NEEDS" are not your problem, no more than a crackheads "NEEDS" are your problem.
Police officer: "I need you to put your hands behind your back." First of all, a police officers "NEEDS" are not your problem, no more than a crackheads "NEEDS" are your problem.

For merriment I can keep on going. But this direction to taking us towards "Consent." Conclusion #1, police officer's are a damned NEEDY bunch of bastards. Conclusion # 2, crackheads are easier to get along with.