Thread: Non-Christian Historical Evidence for the Existence of Jesus

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Since many have gone off on this rabbit trail of Gnosticism, please, pray tell where I ever said that Salvation was by works?

Furthermore, the Bible itself declares that we should diligently seek after knowledge and wisdom, does it not?

and; Furthermore, Jesus Himself declared that His disciples would be about His works and would do greater works then He.

And yet, when working or diligently seeking knowledge is mentioned in ANY religious circle for some odd reason, which I can't understand, those who feel threatened the most resort to calling names. It seems to me that the only reason Gnosticism was ever a threat to the established religion was that it threatened their concept of doing nothing but believing that a savior exists.

Some of that John 3:16 bull dung. How about we check out that word believe - it means to entrust or place ones trust. Jesus commanded that we do much more than just place our trust in The Word [John 1:1]; He commanded us to obey [works]. Something about having no works is death rings a bell. Ding....Ding.... Yes indeed, there it is Faith absent Deeds is dead. But don't threaten our precious concept of Salvation - Ephesians and all - it is a free undeserved gift.

This would be funny to me if it was not so sad. Nobody is saying that one can work to earn Salvation - nevertheless where is the worker in the field? "Who will go for us" was the question from the throne. Be careful worker, many will try to put false labels upon you calling you all sorts of nasty names like "A Knower" - so thank you to those who would call me a Gnostic - that really makes me laugh.

For the Holy Spirit thru St. Paul so adeptly wrote thru Her Wisdom - Rom_10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

Gee, I wonder why the Holy Spirit would feel compelled to issue that statement? Especially when the Proverbs and so many other places command that we gain Knowledge of God. In fact in the great book of Hosea [Salvation] we find:

Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Hos 6:6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

Pro 1:5 A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:

Pro 1:6 To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.

Pro 1:7 The reverence of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Yes, the flesh does lead to death. Thank you for finally coming to the Light. But the allegorical light of the Spirit which is couched in the Fleshly things leads to Life.

I suppose I shall do it again: Christ JESUS and Jesus CHRIST are two terms which do not mean the same thing in terms of usage by the latter day writers. St. Paul is very clear but who can see? These two show that Christ condescended into the Flesh [John 1:1] and was put on trial, beaten, and put to death. So look around you today. The Word has been put on trial, portions of been removed [the gambled for his clothes] and eventually killed as the keys of KNOWLEDGE have been removed. The Word has been placed in a rich man's tomb [the Church]. And who can deny this is not the Church system of religion which holds the Word entombed? Look at all the fancy robes and the ornate buildings. Entombed is a kind way of saying it.

And yet the truth remains concealed all along and men go to and fro with their vain rites and traditions thinking themselves to be holy. Nevertheless when it turns to the Lord the veil will be removed and the Church will be out of a job. I wonder when it turns to the Lord who will issue forth to DO THE WORK? They had best have thick skin because many in their blindness will call names and throw stones.

For when it turns to the Lord, then the entombed Word shall resurrect to life which is to say Jesus CHRIST.

Furthermore, I would be careful about the use of the term disdain others. Jesus Himself had his closed society. There are many things that cannot be discussed candidly. Not to call names, that is not the point, but to point out that not all matters can be discussed openly. The Bible is very clear on this matter. For those who eat at "strong meat" are not to do so in front of their brethren still sipping on the milk nipple. I can see however how a "pew sitter" might feel disdain from another who refused to allow him to come to their "assembly".

For instance St. Paul desired greatly to discuss Melchizedok and the two Cheribim, but declaring that the "milk sippers" were not ready for such strong meat. What is new under the sun?

Nevertheless, pride is a terrible aspect of our carnal existence. So let me set the record straight. I left salvation about one hundred miles ago. Pressing on past that now there are other things to KNOW and there are other WORKS to do. Sitting at the feet of my Mother [Proverbs 31] in submission to the Holy Spirit - for she commanded his servants saying do as He says- John 2.

What a privilege to be useful to the King - Amen. If I place my trust in you, then I freely subject myself to your rule. The only logical question left is what would you have me to do? Upon what estate should I occupy? Therefore Jesus taught us how to open up the gate of communication with God - TO DAY - and yet in ignorance the world remains WILLINGLY blind awaiting their destruction.

I can't find anywhere where Jesus promoted religion. His gospel was "The Kingdom of God is at hand".

Some prefer the "Love Letter" and others seek diligently after the "face to face embrace".

Desolation Row

Shalom,
    MJ
    Last edited by Michael Joseph; 04-07-15 at 02:17 AM.
    The blessing is in the hand of the doer. Faith absent deeds is dead.

Lawful Money Trust Website

Divine Mind Community Call - Sundays 8pm EST

ONE man or woman can make a difference!