Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Christian Historical Evidence for the Existence of Jesus

Context is very much important. The Epistle to the Philippians was a letter to believers (not to non-believers) who had all likely been baptized, believed on Jesus Christ ... likely had hands (of the presbytery) laid on them or had the support and direction of the Holy Spirit, even had an anointing (AFAIK all kingly or priestly power in the OT was vis-a-vis an anointing).

Re: two donkeys. The impression I got is that he sat on the clothes (clothes = them).
    Last edited by allodial; 04-04-15 at 04:57 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    Context is very much important. The Epistle to the Philippians was a letter to believers (not to non-believers) who had all likely been baptized, believed on Jesus Christ ... likely had hands (of the presbytery) laid on them or had the support and direction of the Holy Spirit, even had an anointing (AFAIK all kingly or priestly power in the OT was vis-a-vis an anointing).

Re: two donkeys. The impression I got is that he sat on the clothes (clothes = them).
    That would seem reasonable and logical wouldn't it? I believe it was common practice in ancient near east culture to place garments upon animals as a saddle for someone to sit upon.

They brought the donkey and the colt and put on them their cloaks, and he sat on them.

Many garments placed on both animals not knowing which animal He wished to ride upon; they accommodated him by either choice.

The denial of Jesus' uniqueness (fully man AND fully God) is essential to all false beliefs, ergo, the necessity to allegorize EVERYTHING in scripture.

The motive is always to deny the special and true nature of our Lord and Savior Jesus The Christ.

People see what they want to see; the "You will be as God" deception has been the most prominent tool of the adversary since the garden incident. All rebelliousness against our preexistent Father in Heaven began with that lie.
    Last edited by BLBereans; 04-04-15 at 02:39 PM.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/comme...pretation.html (emphasis added)

Concerning the inconsistency of the allegorical method and the damage which results, Seiss notes:

Good and able men have satisfied themselves with it; but, on the same principles of interpretation, there is not a chapter in the Bible, nor a doctrine of our holy religion, which could not be totally explained away. By a happy inconsistency do they not so treat other portions of Scripture, or they would transmute the whole Revelation of God into uncertainty and emptiness.22

Having examined a long list of these symbolic and allegorical interpretations, and followed the processes by which their authors have tried to apply them, I have not found one which does not completely break down under the weight of its own cumbrous unfittingness. They each and all fail to explain the facts and relations of the record, and treat John as a half-demented sentimental old man, trying to make a grand poem out of a few dim anticipations touching the earthly fortunes of the Church, which could have been better told in one well-written chapter. They are, at best, the wild guesses of men who have never got hold of the real thread of the matter, whilst under the necessity of saying something.23

How many are aware of the literal and physical aspect of the 7 Days of Unleavened Bread?

How many have literally removed all physical leaven from their houses for 7 days this year (April 3-9, 2015)?

1 Cor 5:7
    7 Clean out the old leaven so that you may be a new lump, just as you are in fact unleavened. For Christ our Passover also has been sacrificed.
    These saints literally were in fact unleavened physically, as this physical requirement teaches and reinforces a very spiritual principle, as Paul also explains.

Jn 7:17
    "17 "If anyone is willing to do His will, he will know of the teaching, whether it is of God or whether I speak from Myself."
    Literal doing leads to true knowing.

Ex 12:15
    15 Seven days shall ye eat unleavened bread; even the first day ye shall put away leaven out of your houses: for whosoever eateth leavened bread from the first day until the seventh day, that soul shall be cut off from Israel.
    The early saints knew they, likewise, that they would be cut off from the Church, spiritual Israel, if they had or ate leaven those 7 days.

We have lost that knowledge today, even as we have forsaken the literal aspect of doing (obeying) the Scriptures.

Those who are not literally and physically unleavened these 7 days are cut off from the true church and true knowledge.

1 Jn 2:4
    4 He that saith , I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
    Last edited by doug555; 04-04-15 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doug555 View Post
    Those who are not literally and physically unleavened these 7 days are cut off from the true church and true knowledge.

1 Jn 2:4
    Consider the example of a religious one who empties the house of leaven food products and keeps the Passover according to traditions to the "letter of the law" but then after discharging his duties, he gets up the next morning only to turn on Fox News and let the poison flood into his mind. To what good is the removal of the leaven? We will not empty the physical house of leaven just to let Sin pour in by the wheelbarrow thru the TV, IPAD, IPOD or other media. For the truth is that we are to discipline ourselves to actively be upon the removal of the leaven "sin" from our lives. Yet we find that St. Paul tells us that "the Law is Spiritual". And further we find that the carnal nature is enmity against God and is not subject to the law.

Rom_7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Now therefore, let the Higher Mind [Moses] in you receive your orders from the Lord and may the Moses within you bring the Pharaoh [lower mind] into subjection. And may you cross thru the Sea of Emotion and Limitation so that you might enter into the Promised Land TO DAY.

Exo 12:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying,

The LORD did not speak unto the nation of Israel because then the Parable would not make any sense. The LORD must speak to Moses because Moses is your Higher Mind in Consciousness! The LORD will not speak to the "men of Sodom" - The LORD speaks to Abraham/Moses which is the Higher Mind upon the Mountain of Consciousness [Mount Zion].

Egypt of course is the physical plane. Sodom is the mental plane of base consciousness - a burning.

The angels are "ministering spirits" which bring the truth of God to the Higher Mind. What I eat with my mouth cannot defile me - Jesus said so. I believe Jesus and I don't believe religion. What defiles me is what comes out of my mouth which FIRST developed in my mind! Therefore the unleavened bread I eat is the "bread of God" which is for my MIND. And my mind rules my body. Nevertheless what I eat with my mouth can make my body sick. And to say it is my body is not correct - it is mine to USE. Therefore since I am living in another man's house - I should not abuse that which is not mine. Even my children understand that one - there will be no jumping on the couch!

Therefore Jesus also said "man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God" - which is unleavened bread. Or, if you will, the waters from the pool of Siloam.

Joh_9:7 And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.

Mat_15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the MIND; and they defile the man.
    HE CAME SEEING - with Understanding!

Therefore we eat the unleavened bread of Spiritual Truth - and we drink the Wine of Spiritual Understanding! Seeing as how "flesh and blood" does not enter the Kingdom of God, we are unconcerned with the manner in which literalists interpret the Scripture according to their traditions - the truth is this:

The truths of God are symbolized in many types - sheep, water, bread [Abel was a shepherd of God's Sheep = Thoughts]
    The understanding of the truths of God - Wine

Mar_7:15 There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.

Mar_7:18 And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;

Mar_7:23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

Jesus is so blunt - I love it - he speaks of course to those who lack understanding who are intent upon the traditions of the church by eating and drinking and observing days, months, years, etc absent knowledge and understanding.

Therefore let the bread and the wine come forth from Melchizedok [WITHIN] and let their be peace. Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you Peter. So eat all the bread you want, eat the lamb, drink the wine - these are all fleshly and are merely tools for the school teacher. To observe these by "the letter" is death.

Luk 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Last night in my house we celebrated the Seder. We took the symbols of the bread and the wine [grape juice] and we placed them before our children and nephews/nieces and explained what it means to eat standing up with loins girded with shoes on our feet. They are no longer in bondage to the symbol but they now understand what the symbols mean - they are only SCHOOL TEACHERS - yet so many remain in bondage under that yoke. They now understand the part of them which is Moses and that which is Pharaoh. Amen.

We eat standing, ready to run, with shoes on our feet because when the thoughts of God come in revelation we are SAVED and we act on those immediately in trust. Therefore we are in a PROCESS OF SALVATION - a disciplined race that must be run to its completion. We are being re-generated or re-created from a terrestrial man into a Celestial Man - a 7th Day creation - a New Being - a God Being. And God dwells in the Temple of my Mind and yours too! And there is no respect unto persons.

The symbol of man's thoughts are shown as : spotted cattle, golden calf, tilling the ground, nations, valley, desert, wilderness, men of Sodom. These must be sacrificed - not God's precious animals or the money that lines our pocket. [Cain was a farmer of God's thoughts as defined and limited by his reasonings which is to say HIS RELIGION]

Therefore the Passover happens EVERYDAY as we stay attuned to The Way of God - we pass over from death to life. Find time EVERY day to sit in total silence to "be still and know that I AM God". Take every thought captive. And knock on the door in hopes of receiving three loaves of UNLEAVENED BREAD.

Luk 11:5 And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves;

Luk 11:6 For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him?

Luk 11:7 And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee.

Luk 11:8 I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth.

Luk 11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

importunity means persistence in shamelessness. Keep knocking on God's door.

God's Re-Creation of the New Day. See if you can hear Cat Stevens - the Sweet new rainfall is like the dew that first fell - undefiled by man - touched only by Heaven. Praise with elation - Noah is drunk on the New Wine.

Remember friend, I can eat unleavened bread without putting physical bread in my mouth and be in the Sincere keeping of His Commandments. This of course will offend the religious. So be it. Therefore, I teach my sons [new thoughts] and my daughters [realized new desires] disciplining them to be in accord with His Great and Wonderful Way. Therefore the Kingdom FIRST is realized Within me and it results in an outward expression - a walking example. A married Land results which is no longer divided [Cain v. Abel or Herod v. John or Moses v Pharaoh].

Speaking of keeping commandments according to the religious Jesus was chief in breaking the commandments. But that was only because they keep them literally and not according to knowledge and understanding - in sincerity and in truth.

Today is the beginning of the New Spiritual Year! Once again Spring has come - the Sun has devoured Aries and the GREEN leaves are returning to the outstretched arms of the trees.

It is time to cut off Medusa's head so that those serpents which blind a man in religious ignorance [traditions] might be put to death and the white horse of Understanding and Truth might come. The conquering horse has run his race, the red horse has fought his battles and the spotted horse of confusion has come and the pale horse of death has been conquered as we lay down our vanity upon the alter in the TRUE sacrifice, the true Tithe of the ten percent that God requires we MUST do. We sacrifice our carnal mind upon the alter; and, the bulls, the goats and the turtle doves which is to say our precious "own" is as dung in our eyes - a worthless waste heap of nothingness. It is then that Isaac is spared and in return we receive the 7-spirits of God. And we PASS OVER from Ai [wasteheap] to Bethel [House of God].

continued....
    Last edited by Michael Joseph; 04-04-15 at 06:53 PM.
    The blessing is in the hand of the doer. Faith absent deeds is dead.

Lawful Money Trust Website

Divine Mind Community Call - Sundays 8pm EST

ONE man or woman can make a difference!

continuing...

Isa 11:2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the reverence of the LORD;

Isa 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:

Consider the parabolic meaning which is life. Else you are left with a hero and little knowledge concerning yourself! The term Jesse means "I possess". Jesus said "I AM the vine and YE are the Branches".

I cannot stand at the top of the mountain and look down. I am climbing the mountain just like all of us. So please do not place your full trust in my words. I am your fellow servant working in the field - sharing the wealth as it were. Know yourself and trust God - which is to say I AM.

Shalom Brethren,
    MJ

Thank you MJ. Your work has not gone unnoticed.

MJ very interesting Christ and commandments historical spoken you have freewill dont you and truth has been written internally hasn't it building a palace so you can sin in the barn is dragging around a historical accounting of tress-pass the account is within you and me as I have no problem pointing out a golden calf is money worship with Commandments situational mischief or occasioned ethics. They have every symptom of having been man-made and improvised under pressure. They are addressed to a nomadic tribe whose main economy is primitive agriculture and whose wealth is sometimes counted in people as well as animals. So again the bible cant seduce the truth no more than history can prevent it or can it. I am the lord thy God.… Thou shalt have no other gods before me. This use of capitalization and upper- and lowercase carries the intriguing implication that there perhaps are some other gods but not equally deserving of respect or awe the bible has the potential to ignore CHRIST & yet incite Christ who shall be appearing for that account Is there a Christ u would like to present or can a bible defeat the king?

Post Passover Message Concerning the True Nature of What SIN is & How It Is DESTROYED

I grew up attending a religious organization that put an emphasis on the physical aspect of duties, obligations and responsibilities. And, right on along with the demand and pressure to comply with said things was the kicker that if you did not comply, well, to put it plainly, using the words that religious organization used to use, “You will end up in the lake of fire.” That group never actually said hell, but that is what was implied. Make no mistake about this, that is the same manipulating message that all religious organizations use. This specific religious organization just packaged a little bit differently. Like a good minion I did what I was told and I played the same mind games of making myself look better than I actually was for the sake of the outward appearance. Such actions are worthless and only end up stealing from me the knowledge of knowing who I truly am, and what living this Life is really supposed to be about. The Feast Days of the Lord being with the Passover and then goes right into the Days of Unleavened Bread, which pictures the permanent removal of SIN from ones life. In that religious organization we used kept all of feast days listed in Leviticus 23. However, in relation to the spiritual purpose for the Days of Unleavened Bread, I must admit that I never quite understood how the physical act of the removal of leavened products, such as breads and cakes actually cleansed the inside of me. The truth is… it never did; and, it never could, for nothing physical can be profitable spiritually. But, through the tradition of religion and family men make it appear to be so even if it is only done in the fantasy of their carnal minds.

Nevertheless, I know personally what the ritual is all about and how empty it actually is, for it does nothing to benefit the soul as the duties and rituals performed are only for the outward appearance of looking good to others. I think that this experience would have been unnecessary if one thing was clearly known and understood correctly. That knowledge and understanding would be the difference between a literal dead-letter interpretation of the Holy Bible, verses a spiritual Life-giving understanding, which can only be revealed by the Holy Spirit herself. Now then, using this as the foundation to discover the true meaning of what the Days of Unleavened Bread actually do mean, which is the eradication of SIN from one’s Life, this discovery will forever change what one knows, or thought they knew about what SIN actually is. From this correct understanding of the true intent of the scriptures, the entire issue on SIN changes irrevocable from the message and doctrines that are preached by todays modern religious organizations. Mark My Words, once this knowledge is recognized and understood correctly no religious organization will ever be able to use SIN as a weapon of mass spiritual destruct in any form against you ever again. I am going to share with you exactly what my understanding of what SIN actually is, but first I will lay a bit of a foundation so that you can see where it is that I am coming from. Then I will share what has been revealed to me. But, be forewarned, if you are well adept to the legalistic dead-letter of the Word of God, what I have to say about the issue of SIN will not sit well with you as it goes against everything that is taught and preached in every religious organization that teaches and preaches from a legalistic dead-letter interpretation. So please be mindful and remember, ultimately your argument is not with me, but with the Creator and Father El Elyon Himself.

Now, speaking only for me, from and with the gifts of the understandings that the Holy Spirit has taught me, I perceive way to much emphasis on a literal interpretation of the words in the Holy Bible. I see this as being the main infection of dis-ease infecting all religious organizations of to-day. It is from this standpoint that I will share my thoughts on the difference between a literal understanding of what SIN is, and a spiritual one, which will completely reveal that a literalistic perspective and perception of the Word of God does indeed lead one to death. “There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.” (Proverbs 14:12 & 16:25) So then, my heart is to always be focused on THE WAY, and not my way, because, “…if anyone thinks that he knows anything, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know.” (1 Cor 8:2)

Now, let us look at SIN and what it is according to the Word of God, NOT according to a literal interpretation. For the traditions of men through religion has dictated that SIN is the breaking of the 10-commandments, or the 2-greatest commands, or the 613 laws, statutes and ordinances of the Old Covenant. Usually, this stance will always be backed up with 1 John 3:4, “Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is transgression of the law.” From this posture, one can justifiably let the punishment begin and have the moral high ground to take that stand, and to execute it accordingly on all matters, correct? I would only give a soft reminder for those of such a mindset to be aware of the judgment that one is NOT to judge with, and then let it go at that, for each must chose to be a, “Follower of The Way,” or to go about matters by THEIR OWN WAY. But, what if this understanding of SIN is not only short of the true understanding of what SIN is in the context of the SPIRIT OF THE LETTER, but is also an incorrect understanding because it is founded in a literal dead letter interpretation? How in the heck can I make such an outlandish claim as this? Well, keep reading and you will see exactly why I am saying what I am saying. First, let us take a look a few scriptures and let them do the talking by and through the power of the Holy Spirit as our teacher leading us into all wisdom and truth.

• John 4:23-24, “But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

• 2 Corinthians 3:6, “Who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

• John 6:63, “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.”

What this is clearly pointing out is the fact that the carnal mind receives its sustenance from the flesh through its 5 senses. This is why the flesh profits nothing. For those 5 senses are the 5 husbands that Yehoshuah spoke of to the woman (Emotions) at the well and she had no True Husband. In other words, Christ was not the Head of her Life. You see, if you read that literally in the dead-letter you will miss this golden nugget of truth. This is why the carnal mind is purposefully blinded to all things spiritual as it dwells in darkness (Ignorance and Fear through its own pride and arrogance) and is completely bereft of any Light (Wisdom Proverbs 4:7, which comes from true knowledge, Proverbs 18:15 and understanding Proverbs 16:16), which is the Spirit of the Word enabling one to be blessed with the proper and correct meaning unto Life Eternal.

(CONTINUED IN PART 2 POST OF 5)
    Last edited by Michael Joseph; 04-05-15 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xparte View Post
    MJ very interesting Christ and commandments historical spoken you have freewill dont you and truth has been written internally hasn't it building a palace so you can sin in the barn is dragging around a historical accounting of tress-pass the account is within you and me as I have no problem pointing out a golden calf is money worship with Commandments situational mischief or occasioned ethics. They have every symptom of having been man-made and improvised under pressure. They are addressed to a nomadic tribe whose main economy is primitive agriculture and whose wealth is sometimes counted in people as well as animals. So again the bible cant seduce the truth no more than history can prevent it or can it. I am the lord thy God.… Thou shalt have no other gods before me. This use of capitalization and upper- and lowercase carries the intriguing implication that there perhaps are some other gods but not equally deserving of respect or awe the bible has the potential to ignore CHRIST & yet incite Christ who shall be appearing for that account Is there a Christ u would like to present or can a bible defeat the king?
    the use of the name Christ Jesus vs Jesus Christ is not a fluke in scripture. There is a very specific reason why the Holy Spirit thru the latter day writers do these things. I have attached a study from the Book of Philemon. It should lend some insight into the wisdom of the two names.

The Great Book of Philemon.pdf

I wrote this study about a year or so ago, maybe longer. I wrote it from the macro perspective, but if you truly do understand then you will notice at once that Paul is the Higher Mind which sends messengers [thoughts] to the lower mind [Philemon] and it is the Holy Spirit which gives Sight to the eyes of Paul. As Saul [fleshly and carnal] he was completely blind - yet according to the world's standard Saul was a scholars scholar! Saul sat under Gamaliel.

That which is in the Ark are the thoughts - the Ark is the Tent is the Higher Mind! Paul therefore would be a "tent maker". Stretching the tent cords of the mind. Enjoy the study, it needs to be updated but it gets the job done in regard to the difference in terminology.

If you want an old school example.... Moses spake to the men of Israel. That is saying exactly the same thing. The Lord spoke to Moses and Moses speaks to the men of Israel.

Shalom,
    MJ
    Last edited by Michael Joseph; 04-05-15 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onlashuk View Post
    I grew up attending a religious organization that put an emphasis on the physical aspect of duties, obligations and responsibilities. And, right on along with the demand and pressure to comply with said things was the kicker that if you did not comply, well, to put it plainly, using the words that religious organization used to use, “You will end up in the lake of fire.” That group never actually said hell, but that is what was implied. Make no mistake about this, that is the same manipulating message that all religious organizations use. This specific religious organization just packaged a little bit differently. Like a good minion I did what I was told and I played the same mind games of making myself look better than I actually was for the sake of the outward appearance. Such actions are worthless and only end up stealing from me the knowledge of knowing who I truly am, and what living this Life is really supposed to be about. The Feast Days of the Lord being with the Passover and then goes right into the Days of Unleavened Bread, which pictures the permanent removal of SIN from ones life. In that religious organization we used kept all of feast days listed in Leviticus 23. However, in relation to the spiritual purpose for the Days of Unleavened Bread, I must admit that I never quite understood how the physical act of the removal of leavened products, such as breads and cakes actually cleansed the inside of me. The truth is… it never did; and, it never could, for nothing physical can be profitable spiritually. But, through the tradition of religion and family men make it appear to be so even if it is only done in the fantasy of their carnal minds.
    Nevertheless, I know personally what the ritual is all about and how empty it actually is, for it does nothing to benefit the soul as the duties and rituals performed are only for the outward appearance of looking good to others. I think that this experience would have been unnecessary if one thing was clearly known and understood correctly. That knowledge and understanding would be the difference between a literal dead-letter interpretation of the Holy Bible, verses a spiritual Life-giving understanding, which can only be revealed by the Holy Spirit herself. Now then, using this as the foundation to discover the true meaning of what the Days of Unleavened Bread actually do mean, which is the eradication of SIN from one’s Life, this discovery will forever change what one knows, or thought they knew about what SIN actually is. From this correct understanding of the true intent of the scriptures, the entire issue on SIN changes irrevocable from the message and doctrines that are preached by todays modern religious organizations. Mark My Words, once this knowledge is recognized and understood correctly no religious organization will ever be able to use SIN as a weapon of mass spiritual destruct in any form against you ever again. I am going to share with you exactly what my understanding of what SIN actually is, but first I will lay a bit of a foundation so that you can see where it is that I am coming from. Then I will share what has been revealed to me. But, be forewarned, if you are well adept to the legalistic dead-letter of the Word of God, what I have to say about the issue of SIN will not sit well with you as it goes against everything that is taught and preached in every religious organization that teaches and preaches from a legalistic dead-letter interpretation. So please be mindful and remember, ultimately your argument is not with me, but with the Creator and Father El Elyon Himself.
    Now, speaking only for me, from and with the gifts of the understandings that the Holy Spirit has taught me, I perceive way to much emphasis on a literal interpretation of the words in the Holy Bible. I see this as being the main infection of dis-ease infecting all religious organizations of to-day. It is from this standpoint that I will share my thoughts on the difference between a literal understanding of what SIN is, and a spiritual one, which will completely reveal that a literalistic perspective and perception of the Word of God does indeed lead one to death. “There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.” (Proverbs 14:12 & 16:25) So then, my heart is to always be focused on THE WAY, and not my way, because, “…if anyone thinks that he knows anything, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know.” (1 Cor 8:2)
    Now, let us look at SIN and what it is according to the Word of God, NOT according to a literal interpretation. For the traditions of men through religion has dictated that SIN is the breaking of the 10-commandments, or the 2-greatest commands, or the 613 laws, statutes and ordinances of the Old Covenant. Usually, this stance will always be backed up with 1 John 3:4, “Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is transgression of the law.” From this posture, one can justifiably let the punishment begin and have the moral high ground to take that stand, and to execute it accordingly on all matters, correct? I would only give a soft reminder for those of such a mindset to be aware of the judgment that one is NOT to judge with, and then let it go at that, for each must chose to be a, “Follower of The Way,” or to go about matters by THEIR OWN WAY. But, what if this understanding of SIN is not only short of the true understanding of what SIN is in the context of the SPIRIT OF THE LETTER, but is also an incorrect understanding because it is founded in a literal dead letter interpretation? How in the heck can I make such an outlandish claim as this? Well, keep reading and you will see exactly why I am saying what I am saying. First, let us take a look a few scriptures and let them do the talking by and through the power of the Holy Spirit as our teacher leading us into all wisdom and truth.

• John 4:23-24, “But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

• 2 Corinthians 3:6, “Who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

• John 6:63, “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.”

What this is clearly pointing out is the fact that the carnal mind receives its sustenance from the flesh through its 5 senses. This is why the flesh profits nothing. For those 5 senses are the 5 husbands that Yehoshuah spoke of to the woman (Emotions) at the well and she had no True Husband. In other words, Christ was not the Head of her Life. You see, if you read that literally in the dead-letter you will miss this golden nugget of truth. This is why the carnal mind is purposefully blinded to all things spiritual as it dwells in darkness (Ignorance and Fear through its own pride and arrogance) and is completely bereft of any Light (Wisdom Proverbs 4:7, which comes from true knowledge, Proverbs 18:15 and understanding Proverbs 16:16), which is the Spirit of the Word enabling one to be blessed with the proper and correct meaning unto Life Eternal.

(CONTINUED IN PART 2 POST OF 5)
    Thank you Onlashuk you are right on. Subdue the earth and all that is in it. Now we understand that is base consciousness. The Higher Mind is to have dominion over the lower base. Look in the mirror! The feet are low and the head is high. Feet therefore is base consciousness -

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

head . . . heel. No more literal than 1Co_11:8, or Psa_41:9, and Joh_13:18. They denote the temporary sufferings of the Seed, and the complete destruction of Satan [carnal mind] and his/its works (Heb_2:14. 1Jn_3:8). Heel = lower part. Head = vital part.

Shalom,
    MJ
    Last edited by Michael Joseph; 04-05-15 at 02:26 PM.