Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Non-Christian Historical Evidence for the Existence of Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by BLBereans View Post
    That would seem reasonable and logical wouldn't it? I believe it was common practice in ancient near east culture to place garments upon animals as a saddle for someone to sit upon.

They brought the donkey and the colt and put on them their cloaks, and he sat on them.

Many garments placed on both animals not knowing which animal He wished to ride upon; they accommodated him by either choice.
    Even to this day people put clothes/garments/saddles upon animals and sit on them.

The denial of Jesus' uniqueness (fully man AND fully God) is essential to all false beliefs, ergo, the necessity to allegorize EVERYTHING in scripture.

The motive is always to deny the special and true nature of our Lord and Savior Jesus The Christ.
    They know who He is but he spells endgame to a large-scale deception. Their denial of mankind being made in the image of God is part of it too. Of course, if one were selling membership in an organization as a way to access "godhood", one might regard Jesus Christ and God to be competition especially if he's giving things away for free.

People see what they want to see; the "You will be as God" deception has been the most prominent tool of the adversary since the garden incident. All rebelliousness against our preexistent Father in Heaven began with that lie.
    The Bible and the historical records appears to be telling a story about men who believed themselves to be "God" and who without seeking help or tutelage of God have caused great and terrible harm throughout history while justifying themselves and their untoward deeds on the account of believing themselves to be "God" accountable to no one.

It seems that what the Adversary wanted was to wield men as tools against God rather than have those men receive tutelage and wisdom from God and be out the Adversary's reach. Even still, wisdom would have it that if someone has a "God nature" that he would seek wisdom and tutelage from God rather than from his adversaries.

The paradigm of Nimrod and his followers having made a practice of kidnapping to build societies seems to have been going on in the World for a long time, even in the USA. To this day, ISIS appears to be doing that very thing. Muslim raiders were kidnapping women and children even as far back in the 1700s and 1800s and further. In the USA, since the 1860s the attempt has been in impressing forced citizenship upon living souls (psychic kidnapping). The patterns are too easy to miss and the Bible helps solve the riddle.
    Last edited by allodial; 04-05-15 at 03:39 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Matthew 5:17-19
    17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 "Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
    The issue of "gnosis" vs "obedience/trust" began in Eden.

It will be settled by the literal fulfillment of Holyday 2, which. in turn, will prove the literal historical fulfillment of Holyday 1 by a historical Jesus.

We will not need to rely on secular historical records, especially since the Word is the foundation of all truth.

Its might be worth noting that when he said that, the Temple at Jerusalem was still standing and would be for 30 or so years until 70 AD. As for "the Law":

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. --Mark 12:30-31- (KJV)

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2

Quote Originally Posted by doug555 View Post
    The issue of "gnosis" vs "obedience/trust" began in Eden.
    It seems to me that quite a bit of folks are somehow adverse to gnosis as if it is scary or taboo. Gnosis is knowledge. If one can't appreciate gnosis, can one appreciate St. Paul?

Rom 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

Rom 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

Rom 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Those who would be religionists seek to establish their own righteousness. The tithe of the ten percent is a deed of total sacrifice to place one's entire life in trust with Jesus Christ trusting in the words of Christ Jesus. The carnal mind and all of its religious ideas are all "spotted cattle" which must be sacrificed.

For the flesh profits nothing. but who can hear such a hard statement? I wonder if we can't trust St. Paul, can we trust Christ Jesus?

John 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

now can you understand the Parable? For Jesus NEVER opened his mouth except that he spoke in a Parable! How can I say that:

Mat 13:34 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:

I trust Christ Jesus. But this is just me. If one wants to keep days, months, years eat certain foods, etc well go ahead but it profits nothing in regard to the Spirit. Keeping those religious traditions and rites are death. But I let the Reader consider as it must be.

This "wait and see" religion is in my opinion bull dung! Jesus never said "wait and see". He told Martha the truth but in her religious zeal she could not hear.

Joh 11:20 Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met him: but Mary sat still in the house.

Joh 11:21 Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.

Joh 11:22 But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee.

Joh 11:23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.

Joh 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

But unfortunately she could not believe she was waiting for some future event. Many in religion today are the walking dead - they have yet to come alive in the Spirit.

Joh 11:27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

Joh 11:28 And when she had so said, she went her way, and called Mary her sister secretly, saying, The Master is come, and calleth for thee.

Nevertheless Jesus proclaimed in his gospel that the Kingdom of God was at hand! and yet, few can hear him - they are waiting for some future event. The carnal mind of desire [getting their salvation] blinds them to the reality that the Kingdom is available this day.

For the Holy Spirit said To Day if you can hear his voice!

Psa_95:7 For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,

Heb_3:7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,

Heb_3:15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

Heb_4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

IF David lived, he lived a long time before this this time! And he sayeth to DAVID To Day. I wonder if David wondered after some future event. Seems not.

Many harden their minds looking to some future event - waiting for another day - Reference Kadesh-Barnea

Deu 1:2 (There are eleven days' journey from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadeshbarnea.)

Deu 1:3 And it came to pass in the fortieth year, in the eleventh month, on the first day of the month, that Moses spake unto the children of Israel, according unto all that the LORD had given him in commandment unto them;

Deu_1:35 Surely there shall not one of these men of this evil generation see that good land, which I sware to give unto your fathers,

The "men of Israel" would not listen to the Higher Mind [Moses] therefore they wondered in Probation [40 years] in the wilderness of confusion when if they would just listen it would have just taken 11 days. 11 is the number of Joseph - Balance - an anointing of the "coat of many colors" - the 7 Spirits of God. But they doubted how could their religion be wrong? So they waited and all died in the wilderness. Consider carefully what that is saying to each of you. Enter in TO DAY if you hear His voice.

Psa 95:8 Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

Psa 95:9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.

Psa 95:10 Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:

Psa 95:11 Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

Those who can't accept the Kingdom is at hand THIS DAY - cannot enter into the Spiritual Sabbath - the 7th Day Celestial Man - Noah sitting in the tent drunk on the New Wine.

You can imagine your alcohol if you want but it is only your carnal mind drunk on the bitter waters of confusion. For She said To Day - THIS DAY - IF you can hear His voice.

Joh 2:3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.

Have you requested the New Wine from your Mother - the Holy Spirit?

Joh 2:5 His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.

Now consider religion and their false understandings in their religion. The Word does not leave any wanting who can hear.

Joh 2:13 And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem,

This is NOT the True Passover - this is religious rites and traditions! Absent any GNOSIS of the Spirit. Do not trust this man or any other man. Trust God. Amen.

May you enter in This Day and may YOUR Land no longer be Forsaken - may it be Married.

Isa_62:4 Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzibah, and thy land Beulah: for the LORD delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married.

That you might Passover from the wilderness of confusion into the Promised Land!

I cannot stand at the top of the mountain and look down. I am climbing the mountain just like all of us. So please do not place your full trust in my words. I am your fellow servant working in the field - sharing the wealth as it were. Know yourself and trust God - which is to say I AM.

Shalom,
    Michael Joseph
    Last edited by Michael Joseph; 04-05-15 at 05:39 PM.
    The blessing is in the hand of the doer. Faith absent deeds is dead.

Lawful Money Trust Website

Divine Mind Community Call - Sundays 8pm EST

ONE man or woman can make a difference!

I suspect most don't have any problem with knowledge that is true and profitable and worthy of knowing. It is "Gnosis" in the sense of heresies and baiting unto error that is the stuff of what many seem to dislike about "religion" which isn't in the Bible to begin with. Salvation is through faith/believing. However it is also written that: "Faith without works is dead". Much if not all of the burdensome doctrines or ideologies that came to be associated with the Bible or "Christianity" seem to have come from the "Gnostics".

Divine knowledge and wisdom continues to be available to and helpful the believer of course. Knowledge isn't the problem. But not all "knowledge" is profitable. Not all doctrines are sound.

The primary type of Gnostics being referred to are the types that felt that people had to be part of a secret clique in order to "approach the Divine" or had to join a secret society in order to have "true knowledge". The Nicolaitans were said to be of the Gnostics.
    Last edited by allodial; 04-05-15 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    I suspect most don't have any problem with knowledge that is true and profitable and worthy of knowing. It is "Gnosis" in the sense of heresies and baiting unto error that is the stuff of what many seem to dislike about "religion" which isn't in the Bible to begin with. Salvation is through faith/believing. However it is also written that: "Faith without works is dead". Much if not all of the burdensome doctrines or ideologies that came to be associated with the Bible or "Christianity" seem to have come from the "Gnostics".

Divine knowledge and wisdom continues to be available to and helpful the believer of course. Knowledge isn't the problem. But not all "knowledge" is profitable. Not all doctrines are sound.

The primary type of Gnostics being referred to are the types that felt that people had to be part of a secret clique in order to "approach the Divine" or had to join a secret society in order to have "true knowledge". The Nicolaitans were said to be of the Gnostics.
    God is not a respecter of persons.

But stop and think, look around. Do you suppose you can just walk into the White House absent an appointment to see President Obama? A king has protocols that must be observed. And those protocols are according to Knowledge.

If one thinks to jump the fence and run across the lawn, that one will most likely get "dropped" in the first ten steps! He will certainly be turned around and told to leave.

Mat 22:11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:

Mat 22:12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.

Yet for some ridiculous reason folks seem to think they can approach The King of kings in any manor they want to. This is not true and one who has not been taught by the School Teacher just does not understand.

If the High Priest came into the Holy of Holies unclean he died.

As for my part when I realized that I had never understood the Bible and can never understand it unless the Holy Spirit guides me into truth, then I was able to place all that I thought I had learned aside. Gnosticism seems like it is a dirty word. When I am called a Gnostic, I just laugh. Because the one thinking he is putting me down is actually calling me a Knowledgeable One.

An enlightened knower of the application of wisdom. I would say perhaps one in a million who throw around labels actually understands that which is propounded in said label. I might say the same thing concerning Christians. But we are at once transported into a higher status than those we look down upon.

Take the strongest expletive and place it in front of the label. That's what I think of that. Labels are that which ignorance chooses to place that which it doesn't understand in a box neatly tucked away so that it can never be observed and understood. The other day I was caught reading The Secret Doctrine. One who was "higher and more lofty" than I proclaimed "O Brother, you don't want to read that....blah, blah, blah" - it was then I heard those frogs.....ribbit, ribbit....frogs everywhere.

Why are people so afraid? For how can I know what I am if I don't know what I am not?

Salvation - now that is a funny label. From what exactly is one saved? I have yet to receive any answer that does not include some form of selfish getting. I can't find where Christ Jesus the man ever spoke regarding his own personal salvation. But then again let the religious yell OUCH...who cares! Jesus was just like me - if he wasn't a flesh and blood man just like me showing me how to come to relationship with our Father, then none of this makes any sense and is just another fable fabricated by some men bent on dominating other men.

I have picked up those rocks which scare so many. I have looked under them and I have yet to find a demon or evil spirit. Or any other such things that go Boo! What I discovered was my own pitiful ignorance.

Shalom,
    MJ
    Last edited by Michael Joseph; 04-05-15 at 11:26 PM.

You speak about respect of persons in one way then in a different way in the same context. You also speak of the priesthood system that was in place due to special circumstances some might not comprehend and which has been replaced. The plan has been one of restoration not one for creating Mystery School franchises.

Its clear as to the context re: 'salvation'. If you weren't subject to judgement, what would you need salvation from? Also, Acts 26:18 gives a good idea of the nature and purpose of salvation. Hmmm could there have be a kind of salvation/rescue/deliverance in the form of physical, mental and spiritual rescue/deliverance from bondage, kidnapping or ensarement of self-proclaimed "god kings" who established principalities and powers of darkness?
    Last edited by allodial; 04-05-15 at 07:24 PM.

You speak about respect of persons in one way then in a different way in the same context. You also speak of the priesthood system that was in place due to special circumstances some might not comprehend and which has been replaced. The plan has been one of restoration not one for creating Mystery School franchises.

Its clear as to the context re: 'salvation'. If you weren't subject to judgement, what would you need salvation from? Also, Acts 26:18 gives a good idea of the nature and purpose of salvation. Hmmm could there have be a kind of salvation/rescue/deliverance in the form of physical, mental and spiritual rescue/deliverance from bondage, kidnapping or ensarement of self-proclaimed "god kings" who established principalities and powers of darkness?
    I think perhaps you just don't understand me in regard to respect to persons. You have the same opportunity as I do. What you do with yourself is your choosing. But we both have access to God. Some choose not to learn and others do. Either way it seems what is most important to a man is that which he will seek after with his whole heart [mind].

The carnal mind is flesh based and is not subject to the law of God. The dark forces are self imposed as WE all will rise and fall as ONE. As long as the world remains carnal there will always be "dark forces". As a man thinks so he is. For thought always proceeds matter.

Herod will always seek to chop John's head off. For Herod is every man ruling in the carnal mind and John is a messenger sent forth from the Higher Mind. Therefore until we begin to do the hard work WITHIN, society will remain dirty without.

I don't agree with Mystery School but I understand why they exist. But that does not bind me in any way shape or fashion. There are no idols unless I allow them to exist.

Back to salvation: from what? Answer: Our carnality. One cannot be carnal and eat of the tree of life at the same time. The way to the garden [upper room] is barred to the carnal mind. This is shown by the "men of Sodom" pushing at the door of Lot's House. The angels blind the "men of Sodom". It is not for the Carnal Mind to see or understand.

Shalom,
    MJ
    Last edited by Michael Joseph; 04-05-15 at 08:05 PM.

This is a real Easter treat for me as spiritual as all men need or not do be they still require salvation and for what a great ? Is it for being to gnostic rabbinical priestly Confucius pagan or is religion as carnal as rigging the world series? I have no greater task but to live and die but too have one Christ with this attitude is resurrection & salvation itself. Who is following Moses outta carnal Egypt will be cursed or divine is God a respect-or of persons oblivious as a person is to another person their still out of Gods sight Christ died as a man his person was questioned and in Gods view the salvation was true . And the message building a palace and then still sleeping in the barn or the dark the palace folks and barn folks salvation cant hide carnal in neither the palace or the barn . What astounds me is a carnal mind needs feeding or a carnivorous nature its about survival not salvation if Christ had never said the words the blood the bread He drop plenty of crumbs for ones craving for daily bread that full cup of blood runs with Christ in us all between ones hungry heart and a thick Skull Christ gets closer with less or more. one gets a cup that runnith over spill some Christ or spread a crumb its never appropriate to say i didnt mean to say it but i meant what i said . never apologise for kindness when the argument is a carnal you the wounds of honour are a self infliction Christ is self choring honour exposes flesh I know the dessert and Moses walks in honour we all got a dessert finding the oasis wont shorten the walk.My thanks for this oasis and a sand storm is always welcomed but a basting or blasting depends on the sand paper.

Agreed. See: http://www.cgg.org/index.cfm/fuseact...nism-Today.htm
    Unfortunately, it is in the context of syncretism that Nicolas is last mentioned in the post-biblical, historical record. Both Irenaeus (Against Heresies 1.26.3; 3.10.6) and Clement of Alexandria (Miscellanies, 3.4.25f) consider Nicolas of Antioch to be the founder of the Gnostic sect known as the Nicolaitans. Another early writer, Hippolytus, adds that Nicolas "departed from sound doctrine, and was in the habit of inculcating indifferency of both life and food" (Refutation of All Heresies, 7.24), meaning he taught the Gnostic belief of the irrelevance of physical things.

1 Tim 6:20-21
    20 O Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to you, avoiding worldly and empty chatter and the opposing arguments of what is falsely called "knowledge"- 21 which some have professed and thus gone astray from the faith. Grace be with you.
    1 Cor 1:18-24
    The Wisdom of God
    18 For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written, "I WILL DESTROY THE WISDOM OF THE WISE, AND THE CLEVERNESS OF THE CLEVER I WILL SET ASIDE." 20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. 22 For indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom; 23 but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness, 24 but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.
    Isa 29:14
    14 Therefore behold, I will once again deal marvelously with this people, wondrously marvelous; And the wisdom of their wise men will perish, And the discernment [knowledge] of their discerning men will be concealed."
    Isa 29:14 is the result of the literal fulfillment of Holyday 2 - the Desert Miracle! The abundant Scriptures supporting this "Desert Miracle" are found under Holyday #3 – The Pentecost Nation.

The "wise" will be so embarrassed and ashamed of their "wisdom", "higher consciousness", "new age enlightenment", "I AM pantheism", that they will hide it!

This is the "gnosis" I am referring to.
    Last edited by doug555; 04-05-15 at 11:49 PM.