Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
Wednesday or Thursday
This is about an event that occurred over two thousand years ago not five days ago and with heaps of attempts to modify, manipulate and explain away the facts. Not to mention leap years and calendar modifications. The discrepancy and variance of the crucifixion being Wednesday or Thursday or even Tuesday or Wednesday is because the Hebrew calendar is evening to evening rather than midnight to midnight and computer programs that "shifted" Passover start days without good reason. Evening to evening days on the Hebrew calendar corresponds to halfs of two separate days in the Roman/Gregorian calendar. See above. (Also where one might say 3790 another puts 3791.)

Clearly, having the importance of precision at heart, see above. Fortunately you now have lots of reference materials from which to glean insight. So getting to the nitty gritty, we could conceivably narrow down to a Wednesday crucifixion rather than a Wednesday or Thursday crucifixion with the prospect of a Saturday resurrection.

See above its Wednesday or Thursday. Its not really about "how I" do this or that. Its about facts which I am unaware of inventing. Keep in mind that nowhere along this thread am I selling books or promoting my own theories. A better question might be how do you come to the conclusion of the resurrection not having been on Saturday or not on the Sabbath? Afterall, you seem to be asserting that the resurrection not being on a Sabbath being key to your viewpoints then seem to want to question me for seeming to agree with you.

Perhaps see above. There is a Wednesday Passover camp and a Thursday Passover camp. Thursday seems to be based on software-introduced errors. So basing on September 16 Day of Trumpets without postponements: Wednesday seems to be it.
Great! The calendars you posted illustrate the discrepancy perfectly! Thanks for posting these!!

It clearly shows the Thursday crucifixion camp as being one day late, BECAUSE they start "Passover" on the 15th, which is in clear violation of the instructions in Exodus 12 which states the Passover begins "at twilight" (between the two evenings) on the evening of the 14th, which is the period of time between the sunset that ends the day portion of the 13th and the dark of night of the 14th.

I do know that the Biblical days start at sunset, as Genesis defines a day as "evening and morning" as in Gen 1:5 where it says "And there was evening and morning, one day".

So at Wednesday sunset Jesus was in tomb, since He and that camp kept Nisan 14 as Passover.

So, being in the earth/tomb exactly 3 days (3 nights and 3 days) from there leaves us at Saturday sunset.

So Jesus rose at the sunset that ended the day portion of Saturday. The sunset that begins Sunday per "evening and morning" definition.

These are FACTS. Simple math. Not theories.

And why is this so important to know and keep the exact right day?

Because Jesus commands us to observe that exact day (which starts with His newly-instituted Passover evening ceremony) in remembrance of Him (Lk 22:19; 1Cor 11:23-26).

And because of the LAW and TYPE set in Exodus 12, which Christ fulfilled by keeping the 14th.

If the Israelites back then had been one day late, all of their firstborn would have been killed too.

So, then, what will happen to us, as the spiritual "firstborn", if we are one day late in keeping the Exodus Passover of the 14th?

Notice that there is no reference in Exodus 12 to keep a day that corresponds to the Resurrection during the 7-day Feast period -- only to the Passover day (14th).

Neither is there any holyday established in the New Testament to keep the Resurrection day, Sunday.

Where did this shift in focus from the Passover Day to the Resurrection Day come from?

Is it not from the same source that shifted the observance of the Sabbath from Saturday (7th day) to Sunday (1st day)?

So, my conclusion is really in agreement with you now.

The Passover "evening and morning" in 30 A.D. was on Wednesday, Nisan 14.

Jesus Christ kept the Passover service on the evening portion of the 14th, at twilight.

Then, during the daylight (morning) portion of the 14th, at the 9th hour (3pm), Jesus died from the crucifixion.

It had to be Wednesday because one cannot fit in "3 days and 3 nights in the earth/tomb" (Mt 12:40) if it was Thursday, since the tomb was empty BEFORE sunrise on Sunday (Mt 28:1).

BTW: I am not selling anything either, including theories.

I believe that both of us are sincerely trying to discover and share the truth, and I am very grateful for your contributions and the time you have taken, especially in providing these calendars and links. It makes it much clearer for me to see this issue in diagram form.

Please don't mistake my zeal as argument. These issues that we are discussing here are very important "matters of consequence", IMO.

I respect your personal beliefs, and apologize for any "arguing" that is being felt and that I am projecting.

And I sincerely thank you for your insightful and factual contributions. They have truly helped me and do encourage me.