Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Year

Taking Isaiah 55 in context...

Isaiah 52

The Lord’s Coming Salvation and His punishment endured for our sake.

Isaiah 53

It was God's Will that He should be punished and sacrificed in order to redeem many through His intercession.

Isaiah 54

The Eternal Promise of Peace, through Him, for those who believe and who suffer and are counted as the least in this world.

Isaiah 55

The Compassion of God - This is a prophecy of The One who will Come and Live among us.

1 "Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

The call of the "thirsty" and "hungry" by Jesus to come "drink" and "eat" from His offerings without the requirement of money; He gives of Himself freely.

2 Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which does not satisfy? Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good, and delight yourselves in rich food.

Stop worrying about worldly/fleshly needs and be truly satisfied, spiritually, by taking in what Jesus has to give.

3 Incline your ear, and come to me; hear, that your soul may live; and I will make with you an everlasting covenant, my steadfast, sure love for David.

Listen and believe that you will live forever by my promise and love as revealed to David.

4 Behold, I made him a witness to the peoples, a leader and commander for the peoples.

David believed and he was rewarded by being appointed to a high position.

5 Behold, you shall call a nation that you do not know, and a nation that did not know you shall run to you, because of the LORD your God, and of the Holy One of Israel, for he has glorified you.

Those who follow Jesus will call on people whom they do not know and they will heed that call because God works His Will through you when you accept Jesus' glorification of you.

6 "Seek the LORD while he may be found; call upon him while he is near;

Be diligent in following His Way while there is time to yet find Him.

7 let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: let him return to the LORD, that he may have compassion on him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Those who are in knowing and willing rebellion against God will remain that way. Pray that when they return to Jesus, He has compassion and that our Father will pardon in great numbers.

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.
    9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

God's thoughts and ways are higher and wiser than we can imagine.

10 "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
    11 so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

God's sending of Jesus is not without accomplishment; His whole purpose will be fulfilled and bear great fruit according to His intent.

12 "For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall break forth into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

Jesus' followers will happily and peacefully go forth to spread the gospel; foreign people and familiar people will follow your lead and ALL the people in your midst will rejoice.

13 Instead of the thorn shall come up the cypress; instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle; and it shall make a name for the LORD, an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off."

You will bring up generations of righteous people, who would otherwise turn to evil, and they will glorify God; something that will never perish throughout eternity.

This is how I interpret these verses. It is Isaiah prophesying about the coming of Jesus The Christ and the great work He will do, as well as those who follow after Him.

I see no modern day "desert miracle" prophesied, as posed by the OT, revealed in this passage.

Quote Originally Posted by BLBereans View Post
    Taking Isaiah 55 in context...

I see no modern day "desert miracle" prophesied, as posed by the OT, revealed in this passage.
    Then consider the scriptures about a "desert miracle" that I cite on the page at Holyday #3 – The Pentecost Nation.

The "context" must include the whole Bible, and the "context" provided by the 7 Annual Holydays.

After Holyday 1, how do you "jump" past Holyday 2 to Holyday 3 or 4?

The religious leaders in Christ's day skipped Holydays 1-3, and still look only for Holyday 4.

We should be learning from their mistake.

BTW: This link will show the NASB margin note for Isa 55:13 as "the transformation of the desert".

Name:  Isa 55.13 footnote - 'Transformation of the Desert'.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  70.1 KB

The Holyday Plan Context:

Name:  petition.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  199.8 KB
    Last edited by doug555; 04-15-15 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    That the feast days have significance makes sense. The Four Corners area is very well known in Hopi prophecy.
    Name:  4 Corners.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  24.4 KB

The Prophecies of the Hopi People

How much suffering and destruction will accompany the time of the purification, and what will be its end result? Martin Gasheseoma foretells judgment in front of a big mirror and death to those who are evil and wicked, with only a handful of people surviving in every nation overseas who will then come to this continent, "which we call heaven."

Micah 4:1-2

1 And it will come about in the last days That the mountain of the house of the LORD Will be established as the chief of the mountains. It will be raised above the hills, And the peoples will stream to it. 2 Many nations will come and say, "Come and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD And to the house of the God of Jacob, That He may teach us about His ways And that we may walk in His paths." For from Zion will go forth the law, Even the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
    Last edited by doug555; 04-24-15 at 01:17 AM.

Is the resurrection of Jesus The Christ not a miracle event constituting the rise of the 'firstfruits'? Does not this event happen between the Passover and The Day of Pentecost depicted in Acts? The word 'pentecost' is greek for "fiftieth" meaning the fiftieth day after the 'firstfruits'.

The Holy Spirit was received by those depicted in Acts after seven weeks and the miracles performed were by the power of that Spirit indwelling within them. This coincides with the Sinai event Moses experienced.

I see no "jump" past Holy Day 2; Jesus' miraculous resurrection on the third day more than satisfies Holy Day 2 as He is the culmination of 'firstfruits' from the beginning, then, now and forever.

Is the resurrection of Jesus The Christ not a miracle event constituting the rise of the 'firstfruits'? Does not this event happen between the Passover and The Day of Pentecost depicted in Acts? The word 'pentecost' is greek for "fiftieth" meaning the fiftieth day after the 'firstfruits'.

The Holy Spirit was received by those depicted in Acts after seven weeks and the miracles performed were by the power of that Spirit indwelling within them. This coincides with the Sinai event Moses experienced.

I see no "jump" past Holy Day 2; Jesus' miraculous resurrection on the third day more than satisfies Holy Day 2 as He is the culmination of 'firstfruits' from the beginning, then, now and forever.
    The Feast of Passover/Unleavened Bread was a 7-day period, with Days 1 & 7 declared as Holydays (ie. Holydays 1 & 2).

Lev 23:7-8
    7 'On the first day you shall have a holy convocation; you shall not do any laborious work. 8 'But for seven days you shall present an offering by fire to the LORD. On the seventh day is a holy convocation; you shall not do any laborious work.' "
    Jesus died on Passover (Day 1). After Jesus died, his body was buried at sunset ending Day 1 for a complete 3 days and nights. His resurrection was exactly after that 72 hours, at the beginning of the 5th day of Unleavened, which was at the sunset that ends the 3rd day of burial. (Day 1 = death at 3pm; Days 2,3,4 = 3 days burial; Day 5 = Resurrection day)

Mark 8:31
    31 And He began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders and the chief priests and the scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.

I see no Scriptures indicating that Holyday 2 (Day 7) would be fulfilled on Day 5.

Do you?
    Last edited by doug555; 04-25-15 at 08:34 PM.

Where does it say that OT holy days had to be "fulfilled"? Isn't it clear that term 'earth' can mean the local land/estate rather than the entire planet called "Earth"? How does 1 + 3 = 5? The kingdom of is current it is active right now and has been even since the ascension followed by the conferring of a kingdom to Jesus Christ (Ephesians 1). It seems that charlatanous counterfeits have (for thousands of years) set out to deceive people into believing otherwise or even to become part of their counterfeit systems.

I would tend to suspect that a 'desert' would be where there would be spiritual dryness rather than a physical desert. A lot of folks seem to forget Isaiah was before the Babylonian Captivity (~745-685BC).

Name:  prophets-and-kings-judah-and-israel.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  69.1 KB

Name:  OT_Timeline-David-Zer_View.png
Views: 266
Size:  79.4 KB

Its challenging at the least to see much merit in any paradigm that glosses over the significance of Ephesians 1 and the significance of Acts 2 (Pentecost day) or in one that effective supposes Isaiah to have come after the Babylonian Captivity period. Not saying that the one doug555 proposes. The word "america" is already known to have the possible (root) meaning of "kingdom of heaven" (himmelreich+a). In the sense of a local 'earth' meaning, America is not physically a part of the local 'earth' from the perspective of Ancient Sumeria or Palestine--neither were the British Isles which might be why they could become save havens (heavens).
    Last edited by allodial; 04-25-15 at 09:59 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

I would tend to suspect that a 'desert' would be where there would be spiritual dryness rather than a physical desert. A lot of folks seem to forget Isaiah was pre-exile.
    Right. That is why I qualified my statement with "as posed by the OT".

Also, a local earth meaning of 'earth' rather than planet named Earth would mean that a claim or right to Palestine as the local 'earth'/'land' would not necessarily include the Americas or the British Isles. I suspect that among group of islands called "the British Isles" locations were chosen for pre-Roman Catholic and pre-Augustine ecclesia for the key reason that they are not part of that local earth/land even if the contiguous land extended to all of modern continental Europe. On a similar note, how can any Muslim who believes he or she would have some Biblical right to Palestine seriously claim Biblical right to the entire planet called Earth? Earth vs earth syntax games.

The point is: maybe certain landmasses were selected to be intentionally away from the Middle East so that they could serve as safe havens. Perhaps to make people confuse the Planet Earth with the local earth meaning in the Bible (i.e. earth meaning land or earth local to Palestine or Sumeria) --so they simply called everything "Earth" in public schools and hope as many believers and others will be caught in the syntax games headlights rather than seeing the fine distinctions.
    Last edited by allodial; 04-25-15 at 10:34 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

I would tend to suspect that a 'desert' would be where there would be spiritual dryness rather than a physical desert. A lot of folks seem to forget Isaiah was pre-exile.
    Right. That is why I qualified my statement with "as posed by the OT".
    Name:  Red Sea wheel.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  4.3 KB

Would you also "tend to suspect" the allegorical view over a literal view of the Crossing of the Red Sea account?

Mic 7:15-16
    15 "As in the days when you came out from the land of Egypt, I will show you miracles." 16 Nations will see and be ashamed Of all their might. They will put their hand on their mouth, Their ears will be deaf.
    The red sea crossing artifacts links provide probable cause to "tend to suspect" a "literal view".

Notice that the above link also includes websites that claim this evidence is a "hoax". Of course, that can be expected from a worldview that does not want to acknowledge a literal God and personal accountability to same.

This "confusion" is exactly why a literal fulfillment of Holyday 2 is needed... to provide indisputable evidence that these 7 Holydays will be literally fulfilled in order to accomplish the Creator's MASTER PLAN to transform Man-Kind into members of His own God-Kind Family.

Where does it say that OT holy days had to be "fulfilled"?
    Mt 5:17
    Acts 3:18
    Isa 55:10-11
    Acts 1:9-11
    Mk 13:24-26
    Zech 14:4,9,16-19

Col 2:16-17
    16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day* - 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.
    * "days" in NAS marginal reference
    Last edited by doug555; 04-25-15 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doug555 View Post
    Would you also "tend to suspect" the allegorical view over a literal view of the Crossing of the Red Sea account?
    No.

Neither would I believe that a man will literally move a physical mountain like Mount Everest. The point is to discern when and where allegory is used and when it is not.

Michael Joseph sees allegory EVERYWHERE where you seem to see it rarely if ever. I fall somewhere in the middle, depending upon each instance - a case by case basis.