Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coming out of babylon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Coming out of babylon

Rev 18:4
    Come forth, my people, out of her that ye have no fellowship with her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

2Cr 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing]; and I will receive you,

This passage is generally perceived as being a conclusion based upon the previous passages where Paul discusses the difference btween wicked and evil people,or of the righteous and the unrighteous.However,this is a partial quote from Isaiah which states:

Isa 52:11 Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean [thing]; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD.

Isaiah wrote this in 712b.c.,after the captivity of the northern kingdom (house of Israel)which was deported into Assyria during the years 745-721 b.c. (2 kings17). eight years latter,in 713-714 b.c. (2kings18:13),Assyria also captured the majority of the southern kingdom (two tribes) and also deported them into Assyria to the north.Than about 100 years latter,after Assyria had fallen,Babylon invaded the city of Jerusalem,and took the inhabitants to the city to Babylon.

This means that Isaiah would be writing to the Israelites in Assyria telling them to flee,or he could be writing prophetically to the inhabitants of Jerusalem,who were latter taken into captivity.

Paul adds a little to what Isaiah had to say with the words : ''Be ye separate.'' Coming outof Babylon can be viewed as a physical departure from a place and a relocation to another place,or it can be viewed as simply being separate or different from those in Babylon.The bible and history confirms both as being true.
    Those who were in Assyria generally fled out of that land and migrated to the north and west.,while those in Babylon were unable to flee but were admonished to remain separate,which they did to some extant.
    Jeremiah also records:

Jer 50:8 Remove out of the midst of Babylon, and go forth out of the land of the Chaldean's, and be as the he goats before the flocks.

Jer 51:6 Flee out of the midst of Babylon, and deliver every man his soul: be not cut off in her iniquity; for this [is] the time of the LORD'S vengeance; he will render unto her a recompense.

Jer 51:45 My people, go ye out of the midst of her, and deliver ye every man his soul from the fierce anger of the LORD.

Jeremiah is writing in about 595 b.c which would be in the middle of the Babylonian captivity. A reading of the entire chapters reveals that Jeremiah is addressing BOTH the House of Israel and the house of Judah,as well as those taken captive to Babylon.

A reading of Ezra and Nehemiah reveals that the former inhabitants of Jerusalem left Babylon with the permission of the King. There was no fleeing from Babylon at this time as this was a planned and orderly return to the city of Jerusalem. THE fleeing from Babylon was left to those in Babylonian and Assyrian captivity who would escape or flee when those nations were being devoured by other nations.

"BABYLON DEFINED''

Strong's concordance defines ''Babylon'' as: confusion
    1) to mix, mingle, confuse, confound

a) (Qal)

1) to mingle, confuse

2) to mix

Websters dictonary,1st. ed., 1828, Vol 1, p. defines Bablylonian as:
    ''2. Like the language of Babel; mixed ;confused.''

It is interesting that both Strong's and Webster's show in there definitions that Babylon is ''a type of tyranny,''therefore it can be concluded that any form of tyranny is a babylonian system. Certainly this would fit not only the Assyrian and Babylonian government,buy also the Egyptian government from which Israel had fled in an earlier day.It is to this period of Israel's history that we must turn to see how our people reacted to Babylonin type systems.

ISREAL IN EGYPT

Historically,the best example of satisfied slavery comes from the book of Exodus. Jacob (israel)had moved the clan to Egypt (their ''Babylon'') to be with Joseph,where they prospered:

Exd 1:7 And the children of Israel were fruitful, and increased abundantly, and multiplied, and waxed exceeding mighty; and the land was filled with them.

They were sojourners and strangers in a foreign land and things were going along real fine until a new king came upon the scene who didn't know joseph. This new king said:

Exd 1:9 And he said unto his people, Behold, the people of the children of Israel [are] more and mightier than we:

Therefore the king appointed taskmasters (bureaucrats) over them and set them to work building cities.The new king had them making bricks,worked them in the fields,and employed them as servants.In short they became slaves of Pharaoh (the state.) The interesting point of this story is that even though the Isrealites were ''more and mightier'' than the Egyptians, none of the Isrealites seemed upset enough to do anything about it.
    The Isrealites were basically a people who were dependent upon the land. They worked the land to grow crops that fed the animals. They literally lived off the land. If the Isrealites became warlike and took over the government ,the king and his bureacrats would have to fight their own wars,go to work,and produce their own food.

FABRICATING SLAVERY

There had to be a soulution to the problem. The king understood that war wasn't a good solution when he stated they were more and ''mightier than we''. Any attempt to enforce out-and-out slavery would bring on a rebellion.Therefore Pharaoh said:

Exd 1:10 Come let us deal wisely with them; lest they multiply, and in the event of war, they also join themselves to those that hate us,and fight against us,and depart out of the land.

Dealing ''wisely'' or ''cunningly'' with them would be a program of not imposing total tyranny immediatly,but rather to cunningly coerce them into voluntary servitude over a peroid of time. First of all he set up an educational system for the youth of Isreal. Than he hired some Isrealites to work in the palace and other government agencies in 9-5 jobs with weekends off and paid vacations. They would no longer have to work in the fields dirtying their hands from dawn to dark. He hired them as chariot (bus) drivers,construction workers(building cities) manufacturing plants (making bricks), vine growers(pressing grapes),etc. paying good wages.

Having that program well underway,Pharaoh started increaseing their burdens. He applied a tribute(tax)to all wages(income tax) and land (property tax),and than began slowly increasing the tax until many could not afford to pay it.These lands were foreclosed upon and placed under the management of the taskmasters (p.c.a, F.H.A.etc.) Now the king again owned the land and employed the Israelites to work on his farms and paid them a wage,which he also taxed,therby increasing their burdens and oppressing them.
    A similar story is recorded in the book of Jasher, recording that Pharaoh told the elders how they would subdue the Isrealites by deceit. He ordered that cities be built and that they were to invite the Isrealites to assist in building the cities as fortifications to protct Egypt and the children of Isreal from attack. Perhaps this was the first treaty organisation- IETO (Isreal/Egypt Treaty Organisation)The bait was the protection of the country and the daily wages. The elders of Egypt then went to the children of Isreal and said;

''Whosoever of you from all Egypt and from the children of Israel will come to build with us, he shall have his daily wages given by the king, as his command is unto us.''the book of Jasher 65:19''

The Isrelites were not forced,they were invited to assist and were offered daily wages for thier services,and they were to be treated as equals with the Egyptians.The Isrealites swallowed the bait hook line and sinker,and voulantarily left the Land of Goshen to become wage earners.

''And all the servants of Pharaoh and his princes came at first with deceit to build with all Israel as daily hired laborers, and they gave to Israel their daily hire at the beginning.

And the servants of Pharaoh built with all Israel, and were employed in that work with Israel for a month.

And at the end of the month, all the servants of Pharaoh began to withdraw secretly from the people of Israel daily.

And Israel went on with the work at that time, but they then received their daily hire, because some of the men of Egypt were yet carrying on the work with Israel at that time; therefore the Egyptians gave Israel their hire in those days, in order that they, the Egyptians their fellow-workmen, might also take the pay for their labor.

And at the end of a year and four months all the Egyptians had withdrawn from the children of Israel, so that the children of Israel were left alone engaged in the work.

And after all the Egyptians had withdrawn from the children of Israel they returned and became oppressors and officers over them, and some of them stood over the children of Israel as task masters, to receive from them all that they gave them for the pay of their labor.

And the Egyptians did in this manner to the children of Israel day by day, in order to afflict in their work.''The book of Jasher 65:21-27

Darkcrusade;

It is good to have a learned bible scholar writing here! Especially if you have read some of the extra-canon books like Yasher. I have a copy but have never seen it cited so I have not cracked it. Now that you have cited it, I will give it a reading - at least around that fascinating section. It sure sounds like a hidden taxation of something similar.

Regards,

David Merrill.

Here sure does got the coming out of her part down good, but there is a continuation of this story which says so in Genesis 1:26 - 28. Replenish, subdue, and have dominion.

Then draws out the plan in Galatians 4:7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

HEIR; " It is an established rule of law, that God alone can make an heir. Beame's Glanville, 143; 1 Thomas, Co. Lit. 931; and Butler's note, p.938. "
    - 1856 Bouviers Dictionary

That is all the further I will go on this for now, would be interested in seeing Darkcrusade's comments on this, but I do not need 4 or 5 versus to make one point, if I want to know more about it, I can do my own due diligence. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by motla68 View Post
    Here sure does got the coming out of her part down good, but there is a continuation of this story which says so in Genesis 1:26 - 28. Replenish, subdue, and have dominion.

Then draws out the plan in Galatians 4:7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

HEIR; " It is an established rule of law, that God alone can make an heir. Beame's Glanville, 143; 1 Thomas, Co. Lit. 931; and Butler's note, p.938. "
    - 1856 Bouviers Dictionary

That is all the further I will go on this for now, would be interested in seeing Darkcrusade's comments on this, but I do not need 4 or 5 versus to make one point, if I want to know more about it, I can do my own due diligence. Thanks
    This is good and the trifecta should be explored.

The Divine Right of Kings pertains to all men, we are all born Sovereigns-Without-Subjects. Here is are three verses(not 4 or 5) that are prima facie evidence of this fact.

1Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood...

Peter is not talking to some select little group of wannabe rulers, he is speaking to everyone who has "come out from among them", i.e. seceded from the governments of men, and returned to God's Kingdom.

Revelation 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and [even] his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 5:10 And hast made us, unto our God, kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Again, John the Revelator is not talking to some small elite, he is speaking to those who have "overcometh".

Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

What "handwriting of ordinances that was against us"?

When we "withdraw from membership" in the group, i.e. state citizenry, we are "civilly dead" and therefore no longer "subject to ordinances...after the commandments and doctrines of men", so don't "touch" them, "taste" them or "handle them", they are not for you and you will perish with the using.

Colossians 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ [the anointed] from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, 21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not; 22 Which all are to perish with the using.) after the commandments and doctrines of men?

Individual secession rather than expatriation; these are two entirely different acts.

Secession. The act of withdrawing from membership in a group. ~ Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition (c.1991), page 1351

Expatriation. The voluntary act of abandoning or renouncing one's country, and becoming the citizen or subject of another. Ibid. page 576

“The right of self-government rests on the right to withdraw consent from an oppressive government. That is the only really effective restriction on power, in the last analysis.” ~ Clyde Wilson, Secession: The Last, Best Bulwark of Our Liberties

"In the majority of men, there is such a love of tried arrangements and so great a dread of experiments that they will probably not act upon this right until long after it is safe to do so." ~ Excerpted from The Right to Ignore the State by Herbert Spencer

Luke 22:25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles [nations] exercise lordship [rule] over them; and they that exercise authority [control] upon them are called benefactors. 26 But ye shall not be so...

No one knows who first made the discovery that men are free. The fragmentary records begin with one person.
    There is no historical proof that he really existed, but the story holds its own self-evident truth; and for countless
    generations, it was handed down from father to son. They said that when Ur was the great empire (about
    4,000 years ago), a shepherd named Terah, accompanied by his son, his daughter-in-law, and his orphaned grandson,
    traveled with his flocks toward the Far West. When Terah died, the family - now headed by Abraham - continued
    westward. They also were shepherds, always moving with their flocks. http://mises.org/books/mainspring.pdf
    Last edited by Darkcrusade; 04-04-11 at 05:47 PM.

Good comments Darkcrusade, in your summation at the bottom this is part of the core of why everything bad or good happens in our lives, Yes Human progress is part of it, but we cannot make any progress if we do not first change how we think, tracking back to when we first born where did all the problems start, looking at the reflection in the mirror what is it that we have done?
    When one loves them self first then we can learn to love others, each one has to get past the EGO that controls us and start taking control of the EGO. Part of what we been doing in our group is deconstructing the human psyche to do this proposal of changing ourselves and then we can be a light onto others.
    This Book you have provided could actually be looked at as Book 4 of a book series we have been looking at called: " To Be A Man ", it provides some very interesting insights to the Conscious man:

Book 1
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...thkey=CKXY-4QL

Book 2
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...thkey=CMHQz8MO

Book 3
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...thkey=CInKjY0F

Our group has had the mutual conscience that once we correct the mistakes we have done then, the world us around us starts to change as it has already for so many who take part. We begin to see material from other groups in a different perspective light, even the bible we have perceived to be the greatest book on trust law that has been hidden in plain site all these years.

Thanks for the compliments, Enjoy.

Man on the land amerika,Thank you for sharing your amazing story! Much info to digest...................................Are you affiliated with>

http://www.whybefudd.info/advref.html ?

I just trashed a bunch of Google Docs - my directory on RAP/RUSA and anything related to Tim TURNER. Sorry. I still have them, just not on Google Docs. I do not remember them by the address so you will have to link me to the post where I mentioned them for me to figure out what they were. But that is a crummy chapter I would rather let rest btw.

Indeed I adhere to accepting Election and heir apparent.

For me though, Babylon is the conquest of the mind found modeled by the Babylonian Jews returning to Israel after a 70-year captivity. Darius won the war (Ezra/Nehemiah) and we (mankind) resorted to the Man-King and written Constitution - Nehemiah 10. It is this same construction that must be overcome - a constitution being for more than the regulation of the government officials (Tirshatha - Nehemiah the Tirshatha; is worth understanding if you want to get my point).

David Merrill,Not a Bible scholar by any means.I posted here as i was anticipating interesting responses.You and Motla68 do not disappoint! Thanks to you both.
    It seems to me to be a subject that is not broached often enough lately.Jasher is used to give detail only and never to contradict the Scriptures.IMHO.

Not unlike many today.....

The Egyptians were smart.Notice that the Egyptians paid the Israelites wages and than later took part of it back? Some of this was probably tribute and the rest in food and other necessities which had to be bought at the king's supermarkets. The situation is reminiscent of the song about a man who ''owed his soul to the company store''. All that he made in wages went back to the company as it was the only place he could buy food and supplies and obtain credit when he ran out of wages. Moses was later able to take the slave out of Egypt but he never could take Egypt out of the slave.

The Israelites finally arrived at the position of being completely dependant upon government. (It is historically proving fact that whenever you can create a dependency,you obtain control.)Over a period of time those who didn't cooperate were probably levied an additional tribute (tax penalty) and sometimes given a few lashes for good measure or put to death as an example to others.In the 20th century we are too civilized to punish by lashes and death for civil offenses,we simply put tax protesters in prison.

The relationship between the Israelites and Pharaoh's department of human Resources,Internal Revenue Service,Transportation,and Commerce was such that just to survive the people had to cooperate (obey all the laws) or else.However, they must have been satisfied with their condition to a great extant at best, or too dependant upon the state at worst ,as there is no recorded uprising of the Israelites who were still more in number,and mightier, then the Egyptians.

THE LEVITES-----FREEMEN OF ISREAL

It stands to reason that the Levites would have been the ones to warn the people of Israel and that they ,like our brethren today,WOULD NOT HEAR. Interstingly enough ,according to the book of Jasher ,the Levities saw through the Egyptians' scam from the beginning.

But the children of Levi were not employed in the work with their brethren of Israel, from the beginning unto the day of their going forth from Egypt.

For all the children of Levi knew that the Egyptians had spoken all these words with deceit to the Israelites, therefore the children of Levi refrained from approaching to the work with their brethren.

And the Egyptians did not direct their attention to make the children of Levi work afterward, since they had not been with their brethren at the beginning, therefore the Egyptians left them alone. Jasher 65:32-34

If this is true,than for some reason, since the levites never volunteered ,they were not forced to enter the system even though the Egyptians ,by than, apparently had the power to force them into the same conditions as the rest of the tribes. The levities would probably have rebelled because they had not been gradually introduced to voluntary servitude ,whereas in the words of past
    Supreme Court Justice ,Wm O. Douglas;

"those (Israelites) who already walk submissively will say there is no cause for alarm"

THE CONDITIONING TOTAL

Moses recognized that the Israelites had been conditioned unto slavery when two Israelites confronted him the day after he killed the Egyptian Taskmaster.The Israelites were as much afraid for themselves because of what Moses had done as Moses himself.So ingrained and accepted was their status of voluntary slavery that they not only feared retribution upon themselves for their own acts, but also feared retribution against themselves for the acts of others.

Forty years latter when Moses returned to Egypt and confronted Pharaoh,demandind that he release the Israelites,Pharaoh simply added to the Israelites' burdens by making them gather their own straw.The Israelites understood the message:They had better cooperate (obey all the laws) and be good slaves to the state or Pharaoh would increase their burdens. The Israelites confronted Moses saying:

Ex 5:21 And they said unto them, The LORD look upon you, and judge; because ye have made our savour to be abhorred in the eyes of Pharaoh, and in the eyes of his servants, to put a sword in their hand to slay us.

The king increased the production quoteas and tribute to the p[point where no one could perform to the king's satisfaction,which gave the taskmasters the reason they needed to oppress the Israelites even unto death. So ingrained and accustomed to being good slaves (obeying the laws of Babylon) were the Israelites that when Moses tried to tell them what God said they wouldn't even listen to him.

Ex 6:9 And Moses spake so unto the children of Israel: but they hearkened not unto Moses for anguish of spirit, and for cruel bondage.

TAKING THE SLAVE OUT OF EGYPT

They were more afraid of not obeying the laws of Egypt (Babylon) and the administrative bureaucrats than they had faith in the word of God. What they told Moses was ''Go away and leave us alone. It is better to serve the Egyptians than to die." We know this to be true because the Scripture records that after they left Egypt Pharaoh followed and:

Ex 14:10 And when Pharaoh drew nigh, the children of Israel lifted up their eyes, and, behold, the Egyptians marched after them; and they were sore afraid: and the children of Israel cried out unto the LORD.

Exd 14:11 And they said unto Moses, Because [there were] no graves in Egypt, hast thou taken us away to die in the wilderness? wherefore hast thou dealt thus with us, to carry us forth out of Egypt?

Exd 14:12 [Is] not this the word that we did tell thee in Egypt, saying, Let us alone, that we may serve the Egyptians? For [it had been] better for us to serve the Egyptians, than that we should die in the wilderness.
    Last edited by Darkcrusade; 04-04-11 at 05:35 PM.