Thread: What is a Noachide?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    That is an interesting journey - those posts!

In my seeking to simplify through the Gospel of Pragmatism I describe rather than the 50% recombinant DNA being the impediment, creating a hard-hearted and stiffnecked people, that the sensation of guilt is what creates a sense of separateness from God - sin.

Sin is the basic impediment to Biblical prophecy.
    While many seem discern a connection between sin, debt and death few have seemed to see the connection between debt and doubt. Consider for a moment the notion of doubt bringing "high order creative processes" (if you will) to a halt leading to a condition like that of a spaceship's crew in emergency being forced to rely solely on reserves and backup power.

And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. Genesis 6:3
    The operational law aboard that ship would change upon foreclosure of the primary systems, wouldn't it? The seed the serpent sowed (Genesis 3) was one of doubt. Afterall, the carnal mind deals only with that which is apparent or what is physically seen, tasted, felt rather than what is not seen (physically).

An ox that refused to go where it was led stiffened its neck. The stiffnecked condition of the Israelites then may have been rooted in doubt in consequence of distrust of the spiritual leading or in consequence of placing a greater value on that which was physically apparent or seemed apparent than upon that which was not seen. Keep in mind all of that which they had seen all the proof and miracles they had witnessed from Egypt to that point on the wilderness leading up to the Golden Calf incident.

And there we saw giants, the sons of Anak, of the race of the giants; and we were in our own sight as locusts, and so we were in their sight. Numbers 13:33.
    ...for whatsoever is not of faith is sin. Romans 14:23
    Debits (doubts) aren't credits?

P.S. If I'm not mistaken, in Spanish the word for foreclosure (apertura) pertains to an opening, commencement or inauguration (of action against). Consider: hole, void where there may have once been a 'covering' or a 'connection'. Foreclosure -> 'an opening for action' (to bring an estate to a close)?
    Last edited by allodial; 05-19-15 at 12:26 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.