Thread: New Here - thoughts on writing lawful demand clause on W-2 form.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I may not have been clear about what I was asking. According to the ink:

http://usa-the-republic.com/revenue/irs_1040.html

26 U.S. Code General Requirement of return, statement or list.
    (a) General rule
    When required by regulations prescribed by the Secretary any person made liable for any tax imposed by this title, or with respect to the collection thereof, shall make a return or statement according to the forms and regulations prescribed by the Secretary. Every person required to make a return or statement shall include therein the information required by such forms or regulations.

The moment the W2 statement (not W4) is received by the IRS from the Employer, statutory requirements for filing have been met. As the Federal Register clearly states, a W2 statement can be filed in lieu of a 1040. That said, my idea is to write the demand for lawful money statment onto MY copy of the W2s along with a statement demanding return of my monies in the form of a refund. Package it up and send it into the IRS. It would certainly present a far more simple presentation than a 1040. That said, I'm new to this forum and open to suggestions.

Along those lines, a friend of mine tells me a friend of hers has been sending a mere notarized statement instead of a 1040 to the IRS for years and has received full refunds. Only one problem, her friend is unwilling to share the wording of the statement with her so we are only left to guess what it says.
    Last edited by Helpmedoitright; 06-01-15 at 01:10 PM.