Thread: The Human Rights Commission of Alberta Canada.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thank you Allodial;

That was where I was headed. I find California particularly frustrating because the operate through the Franchise Tax Board.

Likewise here in Colorado there is a statute saying one can supply a sworn affidavit that he or she has no SSN when applying for a driver license. However in the Driver Manual there is notice you must have a letter from the SSA - contrary to the law and statute. But that is the policy of the Department of Revenue as an administrative government so...

Funny though, another administrative government requested "my" SSN and was not able to verify it through the driver license! So should I choose electronic payments in the second administrative agency they gave me a 12-digit ID # nothing like the SSN. It might be that they noted I keep the driver license in the car, not my wallet. I explained that I do not use my driver license for identification purposes. "You said you have no SSN!", said the clerk. "That is right". - As I punched the numbers in a calculator - so nobody would hear me say it.
    Last edited by David Merrill; 05-30-15 at 07:07 AM.