Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gay ‘Marriage’ and the Revenge of the Gnostics

Gay ‘Marriage’ and the Revenge of the Gnostics

Gay ‘Marriage’ and the Revenge of the Gnostics
    Following the 2003 publication of Dan Brown’s publishing phenomenon, The Da Vinci Code, there has been a renaissance of interest in the ancient heresy of Gnosticism. This ancient heresy has exerted its tentacles deep into the fabric of contemporary life, even influencing the church in many unhelpful ways. (To read about some of the ways that Gnostic ideas have infiltrated the church, see my article, ‘Eight Gnostic Myths You May Have Imbibed’.)

Name:  200px-DaVinciCode.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  20.8 KB

At the heart of the Gnostic heresy was the notion that the material world is bad. If the fundamental antithesis for Christianity was between good and evil, for the Gnostics the fundamental antithesis was between the physical and the spiritual. The material world is bad, they argued, precisely because it is physical. True spirituality involves escape from this world. Whereas the Christian tradition taught that redemption history culminates in the resurrection of the body, Gnostics believed that the goal of salvation was eternal disembodiment.

This is the view found in The Gospel of Thomas, which the ancient Gnostics held up as being an alternative to the canonical accounts of Christ. As I wrote in an article for the Colson Center titled ‘Resurrection and the Sanctification of Matter’. Because of their anti-creational orientation, many Gnostics them taught that sexuality is at the heart of our fallen condition. Being immersed in the material world has given rise to the unfortunate reality of sexual differentiation, and the existence of beings that are capable of uniting sexually. In the Gnostic utopia, however, the gender polarity will be obliterated, as women migrate into a condition of masculinity. Thus in verse 114 of The Gospel of Thomas, we read,

There is more than mere misogyny going on in the idea that “Every woman who will make herself male will enter the Kingdom of Heaven.” For the world-hating Gnostics, the very idea of there being two sexes was anathema. Many Gnostics attempted to achieve a unisex society this side of paradise, teaching an ideal of asceticism that saw celibacy as the only truly spiritual option.

Unfortunately, Gnostic pessimism about sex influenced many of the church fathers, who imported into the Christian faith Platonic and Stoic notions concerning the body. The first-century Stoic Seneca expressed the mood well when he declared...

The idea here seems to be that the body holds the soul back from perfect knowledge, so that the philosophers’ task is to disengage himself as much as possible from the trappings of the physical body.

Given the fact that many of the church fathers were deeply influenced by Platonism, it is not surprising to find early Christian teachers imbibing a Platonic and Gnostic view of the body. Saint Jerome (c. 347 –420) reflected Gnostic assumptions when he taught that the more we love God, the less we will have leftover for human affection.

Name:  St.-Jerome-150x150.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  7.3 KB
    Jerome was not alone. Saint Augustine of Hippo (354–430) also reflected gnostic and neo-Platonic ideas about the body, arguing that sexuality only came about after, and because of, Adam’s fall. {Remember Augustine's connection to Manichaenism and Mani's potential links to Mohammed.}

Despite the legacy of the church fathers, as well as the fact that a Gnostic devaluing of human sexuality continued to crop up throughout the history of the medieval church, on the whole the Christian tradition has done a good job in proclaiming the goodness of the world and our experiences in it, including the experience of marriage. The Roman Catholic church and the Eastern Orthodox church have even gone so far as to consider marriage a sacrament.

The Bible itself puts an especially high valuation on marriage. The material world was proclaimed good by God (Gen 1:31), and the marriage bed is particularly honourable (Heb 13:4). We glorify God not by denying our God-given sexual desires, like some in Paul’s day were teaching (1 Timothy 4:3), but by fulfilling those desires in honourable marriage. Marriage is thus the ultimate anti-Gnostic statement, in so far as it proclaims that the material world is good, and that we can glorify God by enjoying the good things in the world that He has given us, such as sex. Thus, the Bible puts a premium on the importance of frequent sex in marriage (1 Cor. 7:5; Proverbs 5:19), and even uses the one-flesh relationship between husband and wife as a type of the love between Christ and the church (Eph. 5:22-33).

Name:  1894-Frank_Bernard_Dicksee-1853-1928-Romeo_and_Juliet-201x300.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  22.2 KB
    More/continued: Gay ‘Marriage’ and the Revenge of the Gnostics (full article).
    Clearly, the Gay Agenda is and has been about proliferation of a religion. The Gospel of Thomas is in total contradiction to the equality between genders among the Essenes. The hatred or disdain for women and the material reality is contrary to the book of Genesis/Sepher Bereshit:

"And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day." Genesis 1:31
    “It’s a no-brainer that (homosexual activists) should have the right to marry, but I also think equally that it’s a no-brainer that the institution of marriage should not exist. …(F)ighting for gay marriage generally involves lying about what we are going to do with marriage when we get there — because we lie that the institution of marriage is not going to change, and that is a lie.

The institution of marriage is going to change, and it should change. And again, I don’t think it should exist. And I don’t like taking part in creating fictions about my life. That’s sort of not what I had in mind when I came out thirty years ago.

I have three kids who have five parents, more or less, and I don’t see why they shouldn’t have five parents legally… I met my new partner, and she had just had a baby, and that baby’s biological father is my brother, and my daughter’s biological father is a man who lives in Russia, and my adopted son also considers him his father. So the five parents break down into two groups of three… And really, I would like to live in a legal system that is capable of reflecting that reality, and I don’t think that’s compatible with the institution of marriage. Homosexual Activist Admits True Purpose of Battle is to Destroy Marriage
    It all seems to be about destroying a man's right to practice sexual purity, to have control and determination over his children or to have any wife be held to her responsibilities. To have a social institution that promotes the headship of men over their families, that promotes the family as an institution or organization that is a government itself is what they are against. In other words, they are against the idea of man being made in the likeness or image of God.

Related:
    Last edited by allodial; 07-16-15 at 02:25 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

The Bible itself puts an especially high valuation on marriage. The material world was proclaimed good by God (Gen 1:31), and the marriage bed is particularly honourable (Heb 13:4). We glorify God not by denying our God-given sexual desires, like some in Paul’s day were teaching (1 Timothy 4:3), but by fulfilling those desires in honourable The sons of god seen that the daughters of men were and took them as what Partners this was after the apple tree apples and the people tree peoples the gay tree the rape tree tax tree Garden became the Den of eve,s or lilly,s Gnostic know how in the beginning angels wars in the garden was it gay angels then gay men homosexuality is a branch of the gnostic tree is it high or low ask a pagan his perversity sheath or sword those enchantments rubbing sticks or taking a handful of wife being gay is biblical being born is biological u cant tax lust so a licence is how its managed .who gave the Agnostics away in marriage .

Name:  semiramis%u00252Band%u00252Btammuz%u00252Band%u00252Bisi%u00252Biswara%u00252Betc.jpg
Views: 1316
Size:  112.2 KB

The heretical Gnostic disdain for the physical realm might tie interestingly into the notion of Nimdrodic worship of mother and baby-child. Take any given family. If there are problems, who is to blame as far as pop culture goes? The dad? "Its your fault dad" or "I'm here because of you so its your responsibility to give me all that I want". Who wants to one believe MOM ever lies or plays tricks with birth control or lies about being infertile or date rapes a man--or that wife's or gf's dad sets out to use his daughters to snooker or control other men (to gather $$$ and goodies)? Who has eyes to see that maybe the Great Dragon hoarding things or blinding mens' minds is maybe what has made the World seem miserable? "Its father's fault that we're here. He has to serve us and we're entitled to this and that." "WORSHIP (BE TOTALLY ENSLAVE FOR AND UNDER) WIFE/GF/EX-GF AND THE CHILDREN OR WE'LL SEND ARMED THUGS AFTER YOU TO ENFORCE MAN-WORSHIPS (ENSLAVED FOR)-MOM(YOUR WIFE/GF/EX-GF YOU HAD CHILDREN WITH)-AND-CHILD(REN)-RATHER-THAN-THE-OTHER-WAY-AROUND-RELIGION!"

Ever wonder why judges and the State might ever have been so eager to allow MOTHER to run off with CHILD? Ever notice how in those pictures the mom and child are all by themselves in the photos and dad is nowhere to be seen? Kind've like like Hagar and Ishmael sent off by themselves away from Abraham and Sarah? Maybe the deem the DAD to be a "demiurge" of some kind? Who would ever have considered child support and family courts could ever, ever have been run by judges applying their philosophies (neo-Platonic or otherwise) or secret religion and thereby treating fathers as demiurges who they encourage to give up all of their authority and dignity to worship MOTHER (WIFE/GF/EX-GF) and CHILD(REN). So maybe the reason they deny or refuse to admit to the maternal aspects of fatherhood (i.e. that men have a maternal and loving nature) is because they have a religion that paints the FATHER to be cold/harsh (i.e. their minds are blinded to all else): but then if their religion shapes their world-view, that would explain why they'd do the things they'd do, wouldn't it?

Are you a good dad? Did you slave for MOTHER and CHILD(REN) this year enough to buy all the gadgets and trinkets you see? Or did they have to lock you up and put you in jail for failure to perform your CHILD SUPPORT (MOTHER and CHILD worship) duties!?

If we got Christmas from the Roman Catholics, and they got it from paganism, where did the pagans get it? Where, when, and what was its real origin?

It is a chief custom of the corrupt system denounced all through Bible prophecies and teachings under the name of Babylon. And it started and originated in the original Babylon of ancient Nimrod! Yes, it stems from roots whose beginning was shortly this side of the Flood!

Nimrod, grandson of Ham, son of Noah, was the real founder of the Babylonish system that has gripped the world ever since—the system of organized competition—of man-ruled governments and empires, based upon the competitive and profit-making economic system. Nimrod built the Tower of Babel, the original Babylon, ancient Nineveh, many other cities. He organized the world's first kingdom. The name Nimrod, in Hebrew, is derived from "Marad," meaning "he rebelled."

From many ancient writings, considerable is learned of this man, who started the great organized worldly apostasy from God that has dominated this world until now. Nimrod was so evil, it is said he married his own mother, whose name was Semiramis. After Nimrod's untimely death, his so-called mother-wife, Semiramis, propagated the evil doctrine of the survival of Nimrod as a spirit being. She claimed a full-grown evergreen tree sprang overnight from a dead tree stump, which symbolized the springing forth unto new life of the dead Nimrod. On each anniversary of his birth, she claimed, Nimrod would visit the evergreen tree and leave gifts upon it. December 25th was the birthday of Nimrod. This is the real origin of the Christmas tree.

Through her scheming and designing, Semiramis became the Babylonian "Queen of Heaven," and Nimrod, under various names, became the "divine son of heaven." Through the generations, in this idolatrous worship, Nimrod became the false Messiah, son of Baal the Sun-god. In this false Babylonish system, the "Mother and Child" (Semiramis and Nimrod reborn), became chief objects of worship. This worship of "Mother and Child" spread over the world. The names varied in different countries and languages. In Egypt, it was Isis and Osiris. In Asia, Cybele and Deoius. In pagan Rome, Fortuna and Jupiterpuer. Even in Greece, China, Japan, Tibet is to be found the counterpart of the Madonna, long before the birth of Christ! Source: Bible verses about Mother and Child Worship

So under anti-traditional-family Communism, the male citizens would be forced to worship MOTHER and CHILD--all the single mom and their kids supported by the labor of men who don't even necessarily know the children and the dad's barred from holding any authority or sway whatsoever over them---only: serve/worship (support..as in child support) MOTHER and CHILD. Ever notice how the FATHER's name is most always in the most liable and lowest position on birth certificates?

The link to male-male homosexuality is in the heretical Gnostic disdain for the physical which in turn links to their disdain for procreation and the related hatred/shunning of females and thus the promotion of BUGGERY. So they see two men in buggery as some kind of "spiritual triumph". The homosexual male as 'priest'. Its ironic that many claim to be turned off from the Bible because its "strict" about sex or because they claim the Bible to be against sex--its not the Bible it was the heretical Gnostics.

It is clear, they are promoting a religion or a set of religions.

Related:
    Last edited by allodial; 07-03-15 at 06:21 AM.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2

Quote Originally Posted by xparte View Post
    The Bible itself puts an especially high valuation on marriage. The material world was proclaimed good by God (Gen 1:31), and the marriage bed is particularly honourable (Heb 13:4). We glorify God not by denying our God-given sexual desires, like some in Paul’s day were teaching (1 Timothy 4:3), but by fulfilling those desires in honourable The sons of god seen that the daughters of men were and took them as what Partners this was after the apple tree apples and the people tree peoples the gay tree the rape tree tax tree Garden became the Den of eve,s or lilly,s Gnostic know how in the beginning angels wars in the garden was it gay angels then gay men homosexuality is a branch of the gnostic tree is it high or low ask a pagan his perversity sheath or sword those enchantments rubbing sticks or taking a handful of wife being gay is biblical being born is biological u cant tax lust so a licence is how its managed .who gave the Agnostics away in marriage .
    In the Bible, marriage is a covenant relationship. Licenses weren't required AFAIK. The licensing of marriage was something instituted in 1500s by Roman Catholic organizations to knowledge. It may have existed in other ancient societies.

Nimrodic worship is the foundation for every religion which denies the Creator/creation paradigm. Every religion which denies a personal God/Creator, who is active and present in our lives and Who is Providential in the affairs of man, the heavens and the earth, has its roots firmly planted in the "Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil".

Nimrod was the first man to organize and establish a worldly kingdom in opposition to his Creator. He summoned the power of the Evil One (The Adversary) and willfully rebelled against our Father in Heaven.

Name one faith/belief that exists in the world (*besides the true Body of Christ, the saints, the followers of Jesus of Nazareth as God incarnate) which believes in the eternal Creator/creation paradigm whereby our Father in Heaven will always be above His creation while also maintaining a personal and loving relationship with it/us?

None exists or have ever existed*.

There are only two religions that have ever existed or will ever exist; that which believes in the Creator/creation paradigm and that which does not.

Please know the definition of "religion" as I am using it here is as follows...

"conduct indicating a belief in a divine power," - said "divine power" being ONLY The Almighty Creator God, our Father in Heaven as proclaimed by Jesus of Nazareth.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=religion

A blast from the past...

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/17219515...nal-Record.pdf

I cannot find a link to the actual Congressional Record; perhaps someone with superior search skills than I can find it. If not, the local campus library should be able to provide it for viewing.

Whether one believes these "Communist Goals" were serious endeavors by people with a proactive agenda or not, one cannot escape the reality of the implementation of the majority of this list and the painfully obvious consequences on people and society.

Nimrod would be proud.

our Father in Heaven as proclaimed by Jesus of Nazareth.

Quote Originally Posted by BLBereans View Post
    Nimrodic worship is the foundation for every religion which denies the Creator/creation paradigm. Every religion which denies a personal God/Creator, who is active and present in our lives and Who is Providential in the affairs of man, the heavens and the earth, has its roots firmly planted in the "Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil".

Nimrod was the first man to organize and establish a worldly kingdom in opposition to his Creator. He summoned the power of the Evil One (The Adversary) and willfully rebelled against our Father in Heaven.

Name one faith/belief that exists in the world (*besides the true Body of Christ, the saints, the followers of Jesus of Nazareth as God incarnate) which believes in the eternal Creator/creation paradigm whereby our Father in Heaven will always be above His creation while also maintaining a personal and loving relationship with it/us?

None exists or have ever existed*.

There are only two religions that have ever existed or will ever exist; that which believes in the Creator/creation paradigm and that which does not.

Please know the definition of "religion" as I am using it here is as follows...

"conduct indicating a belief in a divine power," - said "divine power" being ONLY The Almighty Creator God, our Father in Heaven as proclaimed by Jesus of Nazareth.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=religion
    Curiosity is the experience of choice the Christ placed between two thieves is the good or the evil Christ's message when life itself is a master thief Sin not sinners or self not selves . redeem ourselves or redeem self. life ends in death Christ has no death so self can destroy any good or evil who destroys belief the master thief be as worship is evil man worship woman worship money self it stops at [Christ it is finished] whatever worship was accepted with Nimrod is as acceptable now as then to Man not God .Mans war with God it is finished Mans war with Man, Self redeem a lawful king. Mans curiosity lends itself to knowledge the tree was a forbidding curiosity.Christ ends that with the knowledge one thief believes one cant .Rock or the hard place between faith needs fear the battle is known and its over in Christ who takes the fight too Christ ones without fear or faith, the idea that art's main purpose is to supply moral uplift and edification"picture life without Christ paint over truth forgery.
    Last edited by xparte; 07-03-15 at 06:47 PM. Reason: edification

Quote Originally Posted by xparte View Post
    Curiosity is the experience of choice the Christ placed between two thieves is the good or the evil Christ's message when life itself is a master thief Sin not sinners or self not selves . redeem ourselves or redeem self. life ends in death Christ has no death so self can destroy any good or evil who destroys belief the master thief be as worship is evil man worship woman worship money self it stops at [Christ it is finished] whatever worship was accepted with Nimrod is as acceptable now as then to Man not God .Mans war with God it is finished Mans war with Man, Self redeem a lawful king.
    If I could follow your cryptic manner of writing, I may be able to respond. Your writing is so difficult to parse, it makes me ignore you which I believe is unfortunate. Don't you notice that most people on this forum take the time to punctuate and form cohesive sentences? You spend a good amount of time on this forum, why not expend a little effort and make your posts readable?

The tower was a zodiac corruption of heavenly events that rendered the night sky into the our pagan Greek theatre for actors persons read the stars pay its actors its principality municipality why 400 yrs before Christ they knew his coming Galileo had shit on this night shift or pre Pagan Knighthood,s [Vincent stary stary night Don Mclean] Know fear and faith Christ died knowledge cant hide.whats the teacher know depends on who he works for when works give me away, Babel the hunters and gathers of worship wordships any language .

well its not my intent i have no method and i will edit where offending its story telling and with a lack of education i just rely on edification i verbalize a response that is my best shot at my perspective its painfully apparent to parse and when its annoying i apologize too that end . The self edification its still in its infancy the ignorance is mine its just been shared words are cryptic in thoughts. ones reading explains his contribution read wrong or cant be read working on both as we are both unfortunate. with my works