After the fact, sure, the story made headlines... but you didn't see a paper like the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, or The New York Times predict it, at least not to my knowledge. The mainstream media usually doesn't even see this kind of thing coming and they're typically incapable of giving people any warning. Which is why I've been pounding the table about the October decision.

If a currency as minor as the Swiss Franc can rattle millions of people in Europe - you can just imagine what would happen if a big currency like the U.S. dollar goes through a change. I mean, I can tell you the chief executive of Swatch - the Swiss watchmaker - said that depegging the Franc was literally a tsunami for the export industry, and the entire country. One guy said his mortgage payment shot up more than $240 in a single week. http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1074237/pg1

Victor Sperandeo & Dr. Edwin Vieira Jr Part 2

Back to how they did it? Well, money makes the world go around. ergo, the controllers of money make the world go round.
Who controls the money? What is a central bank? How come almost every nation has one? What is the BIS? Who controls the BIS?