Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All Rights Reserved vs Without Prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Chex View Post
    Will you expound on that a little more?

what limits or restricts the 'restricted endorsement' to a) man only, b) person only, c) anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by KnowLaw View Post
    What does V.C. stand for? And what does it mean in law?
    I seem to recall that it is initials for latin words that basically mean under threat of arms or something like that but I could be incorrect.

why not justa good old fashion "X"? thats the way the old school did it. or XXX__I AM___XXX if you dare experiment with internet rumor/hearsay.

by:________ without prejudice seems most reasonable to me though.

edit: V.C. link: http://www.newstruth.co.uk/how-to-si...ing-liability/
    Last edited by george; 07-15-15 at 02:38 AM.

Vi coactus is a Latin term, abbreviated as V.C., and means: 'under constraint'. It is used to indicate an agreement made under duress.

An example of its usage is that of the Dutch 17th century statesman Cornelius de Witt, who was forced to sign the act for restoration of Stadholderate. After all the entreaties by his wife, though he signed the contract but only before adding V.C. to his signature. [1] In the early chapters of his historically set novel The Black Tulip, Alexandre Dumas describes the episode in detail, along with the role and meaning of the two letters V.C. [2] [3]

The term is sometimes used on Medical prescriptions, especially on opiates when they are given under duress; i.e. the patient forcing the doctor to write the recipe.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vi_coactus
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Quote Originally Posted by powder View Post
    what limits or restricts the 'restricted endorsement' to a) man only, b) person only, c) anyone ?
    Thanks powder you learn something new everyday. V.C. Chex

Under standing in a Court case, the Bar members want you to sign certain documents. Why? Because your signature is like your vocalized consent – it can be legally interpreted as your agreement to be surety for an obligation and to perform as well as to waive other rights.

definition for vi coactus.

The Oxford Latin Dictionary ABS-LIB (1968, pp. 339)
    coactus1
    1. Compressed, condensed; (of milk) curdled. b (neut. pl. as sb.) felt cloak.
    2. Unnatural, artificial, forced, contrived.
    3. (of instruments, actions, etc.) Unwilling, forced. b. required by law, compulsary.
    coactus2
    Compulsion, constraint.

Interestingly, Cassell’s Latin Dictionary and the Oxford Latin Dictionary provide the additional definitions:

Cassell’s Latin Dictionary:
    coacto – To compel.
    coactor – 1. a collector of rents, money at auctions, etc. 2. One who compels.

Oxford Latin Dictionary:
    coacto – To compel.
    coactor – 1. A collector (of money, taxes, etc.). 2. the troops bringing up the rear.

References
    1.List of Lation abbreviations (wikipedia.org)
    2.Dumas, Alexandre – Black Tulip, The (literature.org)
    3.Signing in protest and under duress (one-heaven.org)
    4.Cassell’s Latin Dictionary, pp.103 (exfacie.com)
    5.Oxford Latin Dictionary, pp.339 (exfacie.com)

Now I get a grasp on these court cases I am reading with the Trio of periods that make up the ellipsis.
    Last edited by Chex; 07-15-15 at 02:17 PM.
    "And if I could I surely would Stand on the rock that Moses stood"

The x factor good as any Latin symbol if one is forced to Mark anything its a promise to perform if x breaks its promise it gets a warrant or 2nd offer a verified claim is x giving any mark on any Bar paper if its a murder 3 dots v.c. x might be reverential and this V,C. i freely admit george i had it wrong your research and that X TRA effort put interoperation on the author my guess stretches the truth not the meaning ... xparte or V.C.X gets a venue after a verified claim if anyone can raise the bar X does it for me thanks george no persons are exempt without expressed and or written permission?A written judgement is a opinion V C or 3 dots from jail Arms length X