Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Check Non-Endorsement Verbiage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Check Non-Endorsement Verbiage

I have listened to the YouTube video at:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uGn-G5tbE8
    which is a discussion about Lawful Money with David Merrill, Keith Edward, and Michael Joseph.

In the video, which is an audio recording, there are three different non-endorsements of the Fed verbiages given. These are:

"Redeemed in Lawful money pursuant to 12 USC 411",

"Redeemed lawful money per title 12 section 411",

and

"Demand for lawful money, per Title 12 section 411"

These are to be followed by a signature in this format:

<first name> <middle name> , dba <first name> <middle name> <last name>

Are each of these as good as the other? Are there circumstances where one would use one and not the other?

There is mention that only lawyers should use the word "pursuant", and everyone else should use "per" instead. I use "per". But my question is about the word "in". How important is it that the word "in" be there?

I have been using a semicolon instead of a comma before the dba. How important is this difference?

In the discussion it is also stated that what is to follow the dba is exactly what is on the driver's license. What I see in block letters on my California License is

LN <my last name>
    FN <my first name> <my last name>

Then on the lower left hand corner I see where I have written my signature in script writing only my first name and my last name. So there is an inconsistency here between the block lettering and my signature in that in my signature my middle name is missing. Does that mean it should also be missing where I write the name of the trust (<first name> <middle name> <last name>) after the dba in the non-endorsement? Or should it be the entire name of the trust (<first name> <middle name> <last name>) ? I have the same question for my credit union account's signature card. I intend that on my next visit to my credit union to ask to sign a replacement signature card and put the non-endorsement there.

Not every check I deposit has my middle name. I have heard in the video to use in the trust name part of the non-endorsement exactly the name on the front part of the check. Is that also true if that excludes my middle name? Or should I include my middle name in the trust name part regardless?

Would there be any reason for me to go to DMV and get a replacement license that includes in my signature my middle name?

I have seen advice elsewhere about not using script for the names on the non-endorsement, that instead it is best to use block lettering instead of a signature in script for the names. Is correct? Is there really any advantage in doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    I have listened to the YouTube video at:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uGn-G5tbE8
    which is a discussion about Lawful Money with David Merrill, Keith Edward, and Michael Joseph.
    Read the verbage in 12USC411. A claim whereupon relief may be granted - "They shall be redeemed on demand....."

Therefore in my simplistic mind - "Demand is made [present tense] for Lawful Money per 12USC411" contemplates a claim upon which relief may be granted to make a use of PUBLIC MONEY subject to the terms of use established in Statute. Therefore, in my opinion, there remains a trustee to stand surety for the existing notes and there is no need for me to stand as accommodation party for new "book entries".

I suppose the word "per" could be changed to "in accord with"....my intent is my own.
    Last edited by Michael Joseph; 07-19-15 at 08:46 PM.
    The blessing is in the hand of the doer. Faith absent deeds is dead.

Lawful Money Trust Website

Divine Mind Community Call - Sundays 8pm EST

ONE man or woman can make a difference!

I have used or have seen others use a Notice sent to the financial institution that states- "All transactions are deemed to be performed in lawful money persuant to 12 USC, SEction 411"
    In this way it is not necessary to endorse each check with the lawful money verbage. It is also not necessary to be relatively too picky about the particular words used because in commerce it is the intent of the writing that counts.

I concur with that general notice. I also am convinced that the language should stick with "Redeemed" rather than demanded because it keeps with the wording of statute. This is to avoid p*ssing contests should any controversy arise.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    I concur with that general notice. I also am convinced that the language should stick with "Redeemed" rather than demanded because it keeps with the wording of statute. This is to avoid p*ssing contests should any controversy arise.
    allodial. I like the fact that you understand your deeds. I myself see no need to notice a bank of anything. The bank is simply a "store" just like Walmart or any other "department store". My notice is my demand upon the signature card. I express my will upon my signature.

Nevertheless, if one thinks he/she should notice another, let that one follow his own conscious thought. Who am I to say it is wrong. I would that each man think for himself. I used to notice everyone but then I realized that was a waste of my time. I understand my deeds by my own intent. I sit in my court at the common law under YHVH.

Remember that FDR said "If we can persuade people to deposit their salary checks into our newly formed Trust Accounts....." The prefix DE means to abandon claim, right, title...etc. But when I make a demand I am claiming. But again to each his own according to his/her conscience.

This is all about the intent of the writer of the law and the subsequent code. Who here has first hand knowledge of such intent and/or is certified to interpret either?

Is the "demander" also the "redeemer"?

Does "They shall be redeemed upon demand" mean that redemption of notes is an automatic function/effect of a demand made?

Does it mean that someone who is authorized to redeem "shall" redeem when a demand is made? When? Isn't "shall" a future tense verb?

Unless someone here can say with 100% certainty that he/she has first hand knowledge of the intent of the writers, I would suggest that our only concern is to make the demand for lawful money known through the vessel used for such activity.

My opinion is that if it is not we that are the trustees, then we have no business declaring that something has been redeemed; is it we who are buying something back?

Our only obligation, if we wish to be outside the scope of the Federal Reserve's jurisdiction when handling their issued notes, is to make the appropriate demand and keep a lawful record of our transactions.

Whether the obligatory party chooses to fulfill the duty of redemption or not ("shall") has no effect upon our affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by BLBereans View Post
    Is the "demander" also the "redeemer"?
    I maintain that the claimant issues forth demands whereof he/she seeks relief. In my humble opinion, They shall be redeemed on demand is a requirement upon those who hold an oath of office. The one who demands does so without duty. The trustee must keep the ledger/accounting.

I keep it as simple as possible. I make my demand for Lawful Money and what is given to me is of little accord. I have fulfilled the law what is left is for the trustee to perform his/her duty to the public.

Therefore it is my opinion that the "demander" is not the "redeemer".

There you go.........

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Joseph View Post
    I maintain that the claimant issues forth demands whereof he/she seeks relief. In my humble opinion, They shall be redeemed on demand is a requirement upon those who hold an oath of office. The one who demands does so without duty. The trustee must keep the ledger/accounting. I keep it as simple as possible. I make my demand for Lawful Money and what is given to me is of little accord. I have fulfilled the law what is left is for the trustee to perform his/her duty to the public. Therefore it is my opinion that the "demander" is not the "redeemer".
    Just sign check as: REDEEMED IN LAWFUL MONEY PURSUANT TO 12 USC 411

The point being, in conclusion, it’s not a legal determination that’s up to the Treasury, the Treasurer, the Secretary of the Treasury, the bank teller or the bank notary, judge or the IRS.

This is a decision to demand lawful money that’s up to you, by remedy. You’re the one who makes the choice.

A woman in a small Maine bank had the bank manager demand that she strike through the restricted endorsement (is what it was called up there).

DEPOSITED FOR CREDIT ON ACCOUNT OR EXCHANGED FOR NON-NEGOTIABLE FEDERAL RESERVE NOTES OF EQUAL VALUE

She was a single mom. She had to. Her demand was clear and witnessed by the notary at the bank.

The following week she hand wrote a simpler demand for lawful money, and it worked fine.

REDEEMED IN LAWFUL MONEY PURSUANT TO 12 USC 411

Thank you John-Henry Hill.
    "And if I could I surely would Stand on the rock that Moses stood"

At first I too used "DEPOSITED FOR CREDIT ON ACCOUNT OR EXCHANGED FOR NON-NEGOTIABLE FEDERAL RESERVE NOTES OF EQUAL VALUE". The first bank I tried that at was far away from where I lived so most transactions were done by mail. I got a call from that bank's teller to tell me she could not accept that endorsement because "it transferred liability to the bank". Later I asked if they would accept the one that began with "Redeemed". She said she would not and that I should simply sign it.

The second bank I tried the one beginning with "Deposited" the teller summoned the bank manager. After some discussion between them they did accept it, but the teller said it was "very iffy".

Now I am using a Trodat stamper that says

Redeemed Lawful Money
    Pursuant to 12 USC § 411
    www.law.cornell.edu/uscode

I no longer bank at the first bank above. All the banks I do business with now accept this one beginning with "Redeemed" above without question. I believe this is due to the ignorance of the teller. In an ignorant teller's mind what money that we are dealing with here wouldn't be lawful?

It is a sad state of affairs that a fast one has been pulled on the public which has been tricked into using an instrument of exchange that represents a debt liability instead of a value. That is the way the real world works. There are lot of people who want what's yours, and so work out ingenious ways to get it. That includes the banks.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH9OIIJcQM8

I still need to know:

If the absence of my middle name where my cursive signature is on my driver's license has relevance regarding whether I should include my middle name in the trust name portion of the non-endorsement. Currently I am including it on the reasoning that including it makes a complete trust name.

If there is any benefit to using block lettering for the names instead of a cursive script. Currently I am using block lettering.

Whether it makes a difference whether I use a comma or semicolon between my family name and my trust's name. Currently I am using a semicolon.

The question whether to use the one beginning with "Redeemed" or "Demand" has stimulated an in depth debate among senior members. Although I appreciate seeing the different viewpoints, I was hoping for a simple answer.
    Last edited by Stephen; 09-08-15 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Joseph View Post
    The one who demands does so without duty. The trustee must keep the ledger/accounting.

MJ what does that mean "The one who demands does so without duty." and who exactly is the trustee who must keep the ledger/accounting?

verbage I like that.
    Last edited by Chex; 07-22-15 at 12:11 PM.
    "And if I could I surely would Stand on the rock that Moses stood"