Quote Originally Posted by Michael Joseph View Post
I like that. The notes in circulation have trustees in place to understand. Any new credit created by fractional reserve banking practices requires an accommodation party. Thusly the signature on the back of the private financial instrument commonly called a cheque.

The experience shared by lorne has been my experience. Can you imagine what would happen if agents for IRS came back with a "yes you are exactly right, you got us. We give up". A response like that would spread almost instantaneously around the globe. No it is better for the business plan to just fall silent.

When they tried to levy a 10k friv. filing penalty - two letters and two phone calls and all I get is crickets....

I suppose it is the nature of curiosity that we have a need to feel vindicated at the end of the day as if we are not yet sure unless someone else tells us we are right. But at once that is an immediate trap. For if I come seeking judgment from you, then I have placed my trust in you and by my submission to you for judgment, I am now subject to your rulings. Silence is wonderful.

Smile and waive boys - just smile and waive. When told recently by a local attorney that I should be very afraid, I responded "you're not very smart are you." He actually brought up their poster boy "Wesley Snipes". I asked did you study his case? He responded no. I said "he tried to tap the stock of a bankrupt company." Like I say, when fear is gone there is no control mechanism left - save a gun.

Thusly is the importance of education. For the greatest in the Kingdom is the servant.

Make it a great day!
MJ

P.S. It looks like Maureen thinks he/she/it can give you an offer. Can he/she/it? I mean you don't have to do a thing, just sit back and relax while we determine your fate. Is that right? Is that what you will do? Is there not a cause whereof one should refuse such offer? Is your claim/demand valid or not? Only you can tell. Many may show, but only you can know. For it is your claim and your's alone. And therefore, only you know if the claim/demand is valid.

TAKE - implies abandonment.
Michael,

You obviously know your way around such things. I have not been so lucky...

I am currently faced with a CP15 'pay us 5k' letter for a 'frivolous' return. I have about 8 days to respond. I filed a 2013 sheeple return and was paid. I then filed a 1040x amended return with a LM deduction. I believe I should have started a LM deduction with the 2014 return of which the LM deduction was honored; however I'm sure I will see a CP2000 at some point for 'unpaid taxes'.

Their initial 3176C letter ('we have identified your return as frivolous') I responded to 3 months ago with a denial of any liability and simultaneously rescinded that amended return (the 3176C language states I may rescind and send a 'corrected' return). However, the 'corrected' return is actually the original return already refunded. They recently assessed the 5k penalty anyway, I presume because I was ALREADY paid a refund from the original 2013 return. They will do anything to steal your money.

There is not much recourse but I thought someone might have suggestions as to my response. I was rushed into the 3176C response due to a family illness and I may have lost my 'right of inquiry' window to stall them. The CP15 is an actual 'invoice' from their MFT 55 'penalty' module in the IMF system. Insidious, but there it is. However, I believe there is a 'mistake' statute that may come into play here. Doug555 mentioned it somewhere in this forum and I need to find it to see if it might apply - D555 if you have that statute handy please forward if possible.

Any other thoughts are welcome.

Thanks.