Thread: Law Proposed to Allow Teachers to Diagnose Mental Illness In Students Read more at ht

Law Proposed to Allow Teachers to Diagnose Mental Illness In Students

Law Proposed to Allow Teachers to Diagnose Mental Illness In Students
    Paging George Orwell–Texas state representative, Jason Villalba, (R-Dallas) wants to speak with you.

Villalba is proposing a bill that would put teachers in charge of seeing and diagnosing mental illness in your child. Everyone knows that teachers are up front and personal with students every day and are perhaps in a better position to see mental deficits but let’s face it: teachers are not mental health professionals. Teachers go to school to learn how to teach, not the intricacies of mental health.

In HB 985 Villalba proposes to have school officials the authority to force psychological screenings of students that teachers and staff diagnose as having mental health issues.

The way the law would work, if passed, is that if a teacher or school official deems a child might have any type of mental illness, they could force the parents to take the child to a mental health professional within 30 days for a mental health screening, all under the threat of suspension if they don’t comply. More: continued.
    Last edited by allodial; 07-25-15 at 02:54 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

No good can come from this of course.....but when I was a young 'un in school, corporal punishment took care of all the mentally ill kids.

Jason Villalba qualifies for an award....I'm sure the Dallas school superintendant will be proud to pin it to his corkboard

Here is my experience with a school board who would have liked to expel my kid for exercising his natural, unalienable right to self defense. The constitution of Indiana gives the right of public education, and the judicial power of the state is vested in the courts. End of story. They did an about face, and paid my fees.

Remember that paid professionals are often agents or extensions of government for purposes of executing their policies.

I was reminded of this a few years back along with frequent mentions from George Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    Remember that paid professionals are often agents or extensions of government for purposes of executing their policies.

I was reminded of this a few years back along with frequent mentions from George Gordon.
    Even a bank acting under FinCEN or Treasury Regulations is acting as a government agent. However, teachers ought not have authority to make any such assessments. They always had the position to make such recommendation or to make notes to their superiors concerning their students. To be honest, quite a number of those I knew who were majoring in psychology said they were becoming psychologists or psychiatrists because they wanted to be in a position were no one could declare them as insane even though they had questions about their own mental health.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin View Post
    Here is my experience with a school board who would have liked to expel my kid for exercising his natural, unalienable right to self defense. The constitution of Indiana gives the right of public education, and the judicial power of the state is vested in the courts. End of story. They did an about face, and paid my fees.
    Good point in that making it clear that you reserve your right of access to courts of law and waive the 'benefit' of their Star Courts might be a good idea.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.