Thread: Questions from bank legal dept about title 12 sec 411

Questions from bank legal dept about title 12 sec 411

I opened a checking account recently at my local bank. I signed the signature card " using lawful money exclusively per Title 12 §411" above my name and signed using my first and middle name. The bank's legal dept called me today-a month or so after the account was opened. I have been signing all checks taken to my bank with "Redeemed in Lawful Money per USC Title 12§411" with my first and middle name only. Can the bank force me to fill out a new signature card? If the answer is no-what section of the USC can I use to rebut their demand?

Welcome Sawbuck;

I am sorry if you are gone already. I must have taken the week off or something.

Quote Originally Posted by sawbuck View Post
    I opened a checking account recently at my local bank. I signed the signature card " using lawful money exclusively per Title 12 §411" above my name and signed using my first and middle name. The bank's legal dept called me today-a month or so after the account was opened. I have been signing all checks taken to my bank with "Redeemed in Lawful Money per USC Title 12§411" with my first and middle name only. Can the bank force me to fill out a new signature card? If the answer is no-what section of the USC can I use to rebut their demand?
    I have found thru numerous years of doing this that the bank may close the account for any reason they deem appropriate. If you read the Agreement carefully you will find what I am writing is true. So the answer to your question is yes. But I have also found that there are many ladies out there and if I ask one to dance and she says no, then I ask another! Confidence usually wins the day - don't ask - do! I never bring any attention to my signature, I merely just carry on a numbskull conversation which suits the banker just fine - if you get my drift.
    The blessing is in the hand of the doer. Faith absent deeds is dead.

Lawful Money Trust Website

Divine Mind Community Call - Sundays 8pm EST

ONE man or woman can make a difference!

"Numbskull..." heh-heh