Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats the Canadian equivalent?

Quote Originally Posted by xparte View Post
    Legal tender, lawful money and money are all different terms of [debt]
    Debt is rather distinct and different from that which is used to fulfill (discharge) monetary liability. I'm not sure people really get how things might work. Consider the corporate Purchase Order system.

1 - The seller charges or taxes the buyer.
    2 - The buyer agrees that the goods or services have value and that the debt is valid (the Purchase Order is evidence of the buyer's sound mind and lack of argumentativeness and also formalizes the indebtedness of the buyer).
    3 - Through some means or another the buyer discharges the debt (i.e. fulfills the monetary liability).

Consider the scenario of Q going into the grocery store, grabbing a gallon of milk and walking out of the door without paying for it. He will have disagreed with his adversary as to the milk having any value, he will be arguing/protesting the tax(es). Consider Z writing a bad check at the register for the same, in Mo. the Bad Check and Delinquent Tax Unit are the same.

In certain monetary systems, its important to firm up the debt IN WRITING and especially to get it in writing that the current owner and seller is willing to accept dollars in exchange for conveying the service, goods or the like. That is why corporate/business purchasing systems are so complex they are designed to firm up the entire process. Credit cards companies and their merchant clients do this all for you at the register so you don't get arrested by the time you hit the door.

So many "Christians" seem to think God isn't in charge anymore. But, reviewing the above and that which follows here:

Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison. Matthew 5:25 KJV
    But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.
    1 John 1:9
    Hint: cops are types of magistrates. Here's your retail confessional complete with a cleric--I mean uhh...clerk.

Name:  DSC01593.JPG
Views: 292
Size:  287.0 KB

..."An ox treading out thou shalt not muzzle,' and `Worthy [is] the workman of his reward." Timothy 5:18 (YLT)
    While an Ox is working, why obstruct if from enjoying itself? Likewise, if a man makes something or provides a service, obstruct not payment.

As for the public debt, that seems to represent unbonded or undischarged monetary liability. The U.S. federal deficit results, for example, when the U.S. government spends more than what is bonded for by Congress.

Name:  ReceiptsOutlaysAbridgedUSGovtAugust2015.png
Views: 419
Size:  19.4 KB
    Source: August 2015 - Monthly Treasury Statement (Bureau of the Fiscal Service, U.S. Department of the Treasury)

Name:  ReceiptsOutlaysAbridgedUSGovtYTDAug2015.png
Views: 448
Size:  69.9 KB
    Source: August 2015 - Monthly Treasury Statement (Bureau of the Fiscal Service, U.S. Department of the Treasury)

Notice the difference between the amounts received and the total expenditures for the month = the month's deficit (i.e. there is no matching discharge or countercharge for it).
    Last edited by allodial; 10-21-15 at 01:15 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Bad credit is the banks liability once you go out that door with who,s debt and who,s loss now milk is production and labour u are stealing someone's worth but if grocer gives you credit and enjoying milk is your thing u will avoid losing credit.

Quote Originally Posted by xparte View Post
    Bad credit is the banks liability once you go out that door with who,s debt and who,s loss now milk is production and labour u are stealing someone's worth but if grocer gives you credit and enjoying milk is your thing u will avoid losing credit.
    Unlike you or me the bank is not manufacturing anything of actual substance. If the guy that makes lollipops wants to acquire my services for $500 and I let him off the hook with scrip, you see he has to let me off the hook too if I pay with scrip. Otherwise its inequitable. The bank are just 'middlemen'. To many people think its about "them" when might moreso be about "us". Now when the middlemen are stealing from "us", that is the problem not our merciful/equitable system. Even when gold and silver coins were in circulation, you had guys shaving off the edges to make piles of silver or coin dust or shavings that they could press bullion out of or the like. That is why coins are made with ridges--so you can tell how much and if its been shaven.

Name:  619-02829303em.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  44.7 KB

The only thing a bank a bank truly stands to lose once you walk away from the mortgage table is the repayment or profits--not so much the principal or the house if its under a deed of trust. If they borrow against what they expect from you and you don't pay or cannot pay--then you see where they might fail. Last I checked, banks don't make houses either. Nonetheless, there are plenty of small town bankers that are sincere and honest. Distinction: Parasites/fleas vs. dog or cow.

Last edited by allodial; 10-21-15 at 01:42 AM.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2

Good point shaving is how it all got started weights and measures fractional shavings off 10 coins made 11 a full deposit is then fractioned 9 times shy-larked and locked A Venetian art form hardly Christ mentioned it long before Shakespeare's Shylock

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see.the direction and its distance drawing closer Art, like morality, consists in drawing the line somewhere. I enjoy frontline thnx

The bitcoin vulnerability centers around the same kind of thing: shaving...the middlemen stealing from those who produce value. And its probably by design. "Miners" ~= central banks.

Related:
    Bitcoin Vulnerability Could Allow Malicious Miners to Seize Control

6. Canadian Dollar (CAD)
    Central Bank: Bank of Canada (BoC)
    Current Interest Rate: http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/rates/interest-look.html

The Loonie
    Established by the Bank of Canada Act of 1934, the Bank of Canada serves as the central bank called upon to "focus on the goals of low and stable inflation, a safe and secure currency, financial stability and the efficient management of government funds and public debt." Acting independently, Canada's central bank draws similarities with the Swiss National Bank because it is sometimes treated as a corporation, with the Ministry of Finance directly holding shares. Despite the proximity of the government's interests, it is the responsibility of the governor to promote price stability at an arm's length from the current administration, while simultaneously considering the government's concerns. With an inflationary benchmark of 2-3%, the BoC has tended to remain a shade more hawkish rather than accommodative when it comes to any deviations in prices.

Keeping in touch with major currencies, the Canadian dollar (CAD) tends to trade in similar daily ranges of 30-40 pips. Many currency prices and commodities move together, and one unique aspect about the CAD is its relationship with crude oil. The country remains a major exporter of the commodity, and as a result, plenty of traders and investors use this currency as either a hedge against current commodity positions or pure speculation, tracing signals from the oil market.

Read more: Top 8 Most Tradable Currencies http://www.investopedia.com/articles...#ixzz3pnzx8jKh
    Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook
    "And if I could I surely would Stand on the rock that Moses stood"