Thread: Abraham & Sarah Never Happened?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    That the same story of the Bible is true in literal fact is beautiful!

I kid you not!

When you see how this un-convolution and freedom from the "supernatural" brings forth such a resounding and meaningful spiritual heritage, agreeable and free to all, you will understand the beauty of shedding the conditioning and programming that kept you from seeing it all along.
    care to expand on that David? Im right in the thick of it, it seems but afraid to test the "illusion". Im actually going though some tough stuff right now, its kinda normal for the last so long but tougher than usual lately.

my heart has been telling me DO IT, DO IT! for quite a while now but my mind says NO F'KN WAY MAN! at some point I will probably just go with it hoping for the best but that is way harder for me than most I think.

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    The impression I get is that heretical Gnostics have set out to force their ideas of the material world being profane, thusly they could not accept that God or any divine being would have much to do with it. So they rendered the crucifixion event in a way that suited their philosophies: thusly him not dying and escaping the cross.
    seems to me that all gnostics are not christian gnostics, if that is the case would you still consider them heretical? some the ancient philosophers were gnostic, right? or modern Phds and such, do diagnosis, prognoses, etc. doesnt that make them gnostic?

I think we are all gnostic in a way. of reason and logic anyway.

thanks for the linkage to that book, and the other one in PM a while back too, I tried to send thanks reply back in PM but your inbox was full (again LOL) this forum has a much smaller storage allowance than most for PMs. I limit myself to what is freely available though for now.

anyway, the recent thread on GLP Im finding very interesting is here http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age2987182/pg1

I no longer actively post there though because I seem to get banned every time I do. I think my posts are always too close to the truth and probably TMI for TPTB there. kinda surprised this guys topic has lasted this long LOL but he has paid for a membership there which I have not and will not ever.

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    care to expand on that David? Im right in the thick of it, it seems but afraid to test the "illusion". Im actually going though some tough stuff right now, its kinda normal for the last so long but tougher than usual lately.

my heart has been telling me DO IT, DO IT! for quite a while now but my mind says NO F'KN WAY MAN! at some point I will probably just go with it hoping for the best but that is way harder for me than most I think.

seems to me that all gnostics are not christian gnostics, if that is the case would you still consider them heretical? some the ancient philosophers were gnostic, right? or modern Phds and such, do diagnosis, prognoses, etc. doesnt that make them gnostic?

I think we are all gnostic in a way. of reason and logic anyway.

thanks for the linkage to that book, and the other one in PM a while back too, I tried to send thanks reply back in PM but your inbox was full (again LOL) this forum has a much smaller storage allowance than most for PMs. I limit myself to what is freely available though for now.

anyway, the recent thread on GLP Im finding very interesting is here http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age2987182/pg1

I no longer actively post there though because I seem to get banned every time I do. I think my posts are always too close to the truth and probably TMI for TPTB there. kinda surprised this guys topic has lasted this long LOL but he has paid for a membership there which I have not and will not ever.
    Heretical Gnostics were around long before 0AD. The phrase 'heritical Gnostic' does not render all Gnostics heretical. Knowing is part of life. But there were those who believed salvation came through 'knowing' and that anyone outside of their clique was to be looked down upon. They were heretical in that they taught contrary to the truth. The Serpent encouraged Adam and Eve to partake in the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil in contrast to the Tree of Life. Typically what comes out of serpent's mouth kills, blinds and/or stings--simple, unmistakable message.

Such category of heretical Gnostics believed that salvation is through disembodiment altogether rather than through mastery or supremacy over body or through 'transfiguration' of body. Consider Elijah's being taken up on chariots: this does not jibe with such teaching.

And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. 2 Kings 2:11
    Related:
    Gnosticism and the Gnostic Jesus
    Last edited by allodial; 11-03-15 at 01:29 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.