Thread: Abraham & Sarah Never Happened?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    I want this tied back to the guilt trip - Abraham being real or not - that would bring him to the edge of killing Isaac on the Temple Mount (before construction), Mount Moriah. That this was happening at puberty for Isaac brings the Key into focus. This whole deal about sacrifice is upon guilt. In the Bible, because Abraham was half-siblings with Sarah.
    I think when the argument is framed within carnality then you might be right in regard to guilt. But to say that one sacrifices only upon guilt, or at least to imply, is not the whole story. When I consider how many times the Scriptures declare that the "heroes" were in some sort of trance it is simply amazing. And we see that there was always a "vision" - such that the prophet or apostle was "in the Spirit". And furthermore, we read that there used to exist "Schools of the Prophets".

But I digress. Upon this concept of sacrifice and guilt - I would propound that there is a higher outworking of this Abraham/Isaac relationship. Notice at once that the story does not speak of Abram but rather Abraham. At this point Lot has been sent away and this Abraham is "climbing the mountain" in consciousness.

Have you ever looked at those pictures that superficially just look like random geometric shapes, that is until you somewhat blur your vision then at once the image appears? And consider that once one sees the image there is no going back. And the one who can see wonders why others cannot see. And yet that is just the way it is. Lot or the Veil remains upon the eyes of many. In regard to Lot, I speak to the "eyes of understanding".

Abraham had to send away Lot. So must everyman [mind]. Now then Isaac is that child of promise birthed by the Higher Self [Abraham]. For Jacob had a ladder. And that ladder went from the Earth to the Heavens. A ladder represents a lower and higher state. Now then in my life I am willing to sacrifice my Isaac [the thing most dear to me] in love. What is the one aspect of man that is most precious? His Own? Is it not his mind which births his will? Are not the thoughts of man as spotted cattle before the Lord?

And how will man sacrifice spotted cattle to the Lord? The sacrifice is unclean! Nevertheless, how can I rationalize God? I can't! Therefore I too tell my servants and my donkeys [carnal stubborn nature] to remain at the base of the mountain - whilst I, and my Isaac climb the mountain.

For how can the student know absent a teacher? And whereof did the teacher obtain? Thusly Abraham climbs the mountain this day with his precious Isaac, to sacrifice in Love in order to know as he is known. There is an Abraham aspect in every single one of us. Just as there is a Sarah aspect in every single one of us. Does not a woman give birth?

But look at this barren woman in Sarah. Hagar is certainly not barren for she is emotion. But Sarah being Spirit is seeing the means to birth the child of promise into mankind - Christ be formed in you. Abram could not impregnate her - only Abraham could get that done!

Poor old Abraham was 90 when he was circumcised in his flesh. Ouch! Look again. 9 is the number of consciousness. Circumcised in his flesh is analogous to being circumcised in the heart. The "tale" speaks to the Mind.

Nevertheless in carnality/guilt one is bound in emotion. For guilt is certainly an emotion. The child of emotion is not Isaac. Emotion births children of desolation - and many are her children.

Isa 54:1 Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the LORD.

Isa 54:2 Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes;

Comment: The place of thy tent is thy Mind. Is it not time to send Lot away? Look at the many desolate children birthed from the emotion guilt. See all the ornate buildings - to what end do these structures improve the psyche of man? Does she [guilt] not enrich other men? She indeed brings an apple to the mind- but it is poisoned.

This song comes to mind
    Last edited by Michael Joseph; 10-26-15 at 01:09 PM.
    The blessing is in the hand of the doer. Faith absent deeds is dead.

Lawful Money Trust Website

Divine Mind Community Call - Sundays 8pm EST

ONE man or woman can make a difference!