Thread: Abraham & Sarah Never Happened?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    That he survived the cross through subsequent death, resurrection and ascension into heaven is the Bible story. The victory over death is key as was afforded by faith in the remedy provided in the wilderness ala the brazen serpent--victory over death. The notion of ascension is also alluded to per Elijah and Enoch (who were taken up rather than having ascended of their own) thusly is not an invention of the NT.

The impression I get is that heretical Gnostics have set out to force their ideas of the material world being profane, thusly they could not accept that God or any divine being would have much to do with it. So they rendered the crucifixion event in a way that suited their philosophies: thusly him not dying and escaping the cross.
    If there are truer words written regarding this, I haven't read them. Thanks allodial!

Quote Originally Posted by BLBereans View Post
    If there are truer words written regarding this, I haven't read them. Thanks allodial!
    Come to think of it, would the multiple acts of restoration of the physical temple each be a type of resurrection? And if a temple is a house of stone, why would stone (matter) be a suitable abode for a god if all matter were profane? Is rebuilding a destroyed temple made of stone a type of necromancy?

Name:  HowManyTimesWasTheTempleRebuilt.png
Views: 360
Size:  40.4 KB
    According to that answer:
    Solomon's Temple, built, destroyed, rebuilt, desecrated, torn down under Herod.
    Herodian temple allegedly rebuild, destroyed.
    Last edited by allodial; 11-03-15 at 02:52 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.