Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Abraham & Sarah Never Happened?

Beautiful!

That covers some important mental explorations about separateness.

Ah, it might be most inappropriate to fail to mention that the Egyptians of the Exodus period were said to have seen Moses as practicing sorcery, witchcraft and to be evil. It is interesting that similar views would be had concerning Jesus the Anointed/Christ by those who opposed him. Could some parallel or relationship exist between those who Moses encountered as hostile to Israel and those who Jesus encountered as hostile. On that note, begs the question: is are the terms 'Herod' and 'Pharaoh' somehow related or even synonymous?

Of course those who see a "true god" as being impersonal and disinterested in the physical realm(s) might also completely shun the idea of a "true god" intervening in "goings on" in physical realm(s). Now if their view of the physical realm is based on the idea of 'matter' being evil, then I suppose that their view of an "impersonal god" would make sense. I'm not sure how matter can be evil being any more than a pair of sunglasses or a rock could be evil.
    Last edited by allodial; 11-05-15 at 04:36 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Let us make him in our own image well separateness.

what let us image was God going for the evil one the good one lonely one sad one, is Christ painting a picture with his the only true image of God Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness why we know his first creation fell short of this image or like us cant live up to Christ's image either so heaven had a war with its image or ours .

Quote Originally Posted by xparte View Post
    what let us image was God going for the evil one the good one lonely one sad one, is Christ painting a picture with his the only true image of God Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness why we know his first creation fell short of this image or like us cant live up to Christ's image either so heaven had a war with its image or ours .
    Interesting question. I guess it all depends upon how you define "image" and if you believe there exists a supernatural being, higher than us, who is our Creator.

In my opinion, we were made in his likeness or "image" in that we have the choice to do evil or not. God makes choices and ALWAYS chooses good and righteousness. He gave us that ability as well, to choose, yet we are a bit lower than Him as creation must be by definition. Therefore, the fact that we choose unwisely or choose to go against His Will does NOT mean God is at war Himself. He is NOT a programmed robot and neither are we - choosing to love and be righteous makes those things relevant.

Like a loving Father, He is patient and loves His children even when the wrong choices are made. Only willful defiance and blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is unforgivable since that is an eternal choice to do as YOU will rather than do as He Wills. That choice is tantamount to allegiance to one's SELF and to be at the service of the Adversary with knowing and willing intent - choosing another master/god.

Our image is eternal i believe Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness Gods first creation externalized man to give external existence or form to.
    "elements of the internal construction were externalized onto the facade that pharoes popes kings are that image Im asking what does {let us make means mankind in our image, in our likeness} could it mean following graven images willful defiance of the being demoted into mankind God had a democracy in heaven mankind is the better image only in Christ . Adversary giving effect and facade is as far as it goes God lets his thoughts known as ours are only choice. BLB willing intent not Gods will.I am convinced mans adversarial effect is on himself and mankind. God has no Adversary so we created one for ourselves .I appreciate your patience BLB, as my image is my own Adversary with Christ no two thieves are the same its that worst enemy image sale .

I know a guy whose teenage boy was showing interest in a certain teenage girl. The father objected and discouraged a relationship. The son persisted and saw no reason he shouldn't date the girl. Finally the father shared his big secret with his son: he had fathered some children out of wedlock and the girl was his half-sister.

Quote Originally Posted by DEfiat View Post
    I know a guy whose teenage boy was showing interest in a certain teenage girl. The father objected and discouraged a relationship. The son persisted and saw no reason he shouldn't date the girl. Finally the father shared his big secret with his son: he had fathered some children out of wedlock and the girl was his half-sister.
    Many a time has this happened. A half sister and half brother are highly attracted to each other and don't even know why--get married, etc.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Abram living in the house of Shem being taught the law of God. So Abraham knew God's law very well and would have known it was improper for him to marry his sister. Sarah was actually Abraham's niece. Leviticus 18 does not prohibit the marriage of a man and his niece. So it is helpful to remember how Abraham understood the word sister when reading the following.And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.Lot is called Abram's brother. So one might suggest that in Abram's day the word brother could be understood to also include nephews. Let me suggest that the same is true for the word sister.And Abram and Nahor took them wives: the name of Abram's wife was Sarai; and the name of Nahor's wife, Milcah, the daughters of Haran, the father of Milcah, and the father of Iscah.Jasher 12:44
    And at that time Nahor and Abram took unto themselves wives, the daughters of their brother Haran; God being Abrams Dad thus Sarai was daughter of his father God. Sons of man did this took daughters unto themselves as wives that union needed a flood? can some one tell me what the word us or who the word US is in reference too let us make mankind in our image?
    Last edited by xparte; 11-09-15 at 03:25 AM.