Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: End Of The Dollar - IMF To Go To SDRs - Latest Video

End Of The Dollar - IMF To Go To SDRs - Latest Video

It's long, but everyone should see it.

For a "text" transcript of the video, go to this page, close the window, and you will get a popup
    asking if you want to stay on the page. If you select "stay on the page" you will be on the "Text version":
    http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pr...VD/LPSIM406/PR

He's selling his investment advisory service, so I'm not recommending that, but the video
    is poignant.

According to him, there are currently over 150 alternative currencies being used in the
    US right now. (It's much later in the video)

What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by Axe; 04-05-11 at 07:07 PM.

Who wants to take a stab at the the 4 things he won't tell you in the video? (The 4 Steps)

And... who can guess what "The most valuable asset in the world in a time of crisis" is?

I have the answers, but I'm curious what others come up with.

BTW... I'm not associated with this guy in any way, I don't make any money if you buy
    this stuff, and I'm not saying you should buy his stuff. I got it by email, and I posted it
    here for discussion.
    Last edited by Axe; 04-04-11 at 11:38 PM.

Thank you Axe! I will get a look at the video; maybe just skip around though.

The IMF Trust Fund founded SDR's quite some time back - '75-'76. But with another Government Shutdown happening by Monday, it is interesting to hear why somebody would be bringing it up now!
    Last edited by David Merrill; 04-05-11 at 01:37 AM.

stoneFree
    Saw that sales pitch awhile back. Just a head's up. That "video" is really just a guy talking with a series of still images comprised of ..... text, and has been out at least since December 2010. He's promoting his newsletter at $49 / year.
    Review by DK (canada), December 20, 2010
    Dec 19 review - i started watching the video and quickly realized it was likely a typical sales rant, so i closed the browser, whereupon i received a warning to “cancel” the action or i would miss a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make great sums of money while the average American consumer would be driven to the poor-house by a devalued US $.
    When i “canceled” the action - the entire video turned to text. I was then able to scroll down (saved an hour of my time) to find out that for a mere $49, i would get “ALL THE ANSWERS”……
    That STANSBERRY character has quite a history here:http://www.stockgumshoe.com/reviews/...ment-advisory/
    If you give them info, you're likely to get offers/spam from several other newsletters from the same outfit in Maryland.

Oh yeah, the fact that the IMF created SDR's tells me everything I need to know - run away screaming.
    Last edited by stoneFree; 04-05-11 at 03:29 AM.

Well, what he's saying is that the Dollar will no longer be the world currency, it would instead be SDRs.

You won't have a choice.

stoneFree
    The hell I won't. This book was helpful to me in showing what the World Bank/ IMF is all about. In a nutshell... Loaning to/Stealing from/Dominating/Bankrupting nations under the guise of helping them.
    http://www.wanttoknow.info/johnperkinseconomichitman

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Who wants to take a stab at the the 4 things he won't tell you in the video? (The 4 Steps)

And... who can guess what "The most valuable asset in the world in a time of crisis" is?

I have the answers, but I'm curious what others come up with.
    I am of the opinion one must have a complete system with respect to safety of self and loved ones in addition to one's personal finance.

1. One's home should be engineered like a fort.
    2. One should have their own tools, resources, fuel, energy, weapons, etc.
    3. One's home should be free of all liens.
    4. One's self should be free of all claims of debt.
    5. One's privacy strategy should be strong.

The most important value in a time of crisis is survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    I am of the opinion one must have a complete system with respect to safety of self and loved ones in addition to one's personal finance.

1. One's home should be engineered like a fort.
    2. One should have their own tools, resources, fuel, energy, weapons, etc.
    3. One's home should be free of all liens.
    4. One's self should be free of all claims of debt.
    5. One's privacy strategy should be strong.

The most important value in a time of crisis is survivability.
    Right on point. Those five steps together form your basic fundamental launching pad, if you will.

If you are going to "mess with" the monetary system, and history is chocked full of examples, you will see the "beast" raise it's ugly head. Control of the monetary system is the power !! Without control of the monetary system very few of the other control measures would have any effect what so ever. Those that have control of the monetary system know it's importance. IMHO, they will also defend that power by any means necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Banja View Post
    Right on point. Those five steps together form your basic fundamental launching pad, if you will.

If you are going to "mess with" the monetary system, and history is chocked full of examples, you will see the "beast" raise it's ugly head. Control of the monetary system is the power !! Without control of the monetary system very few of the other control measures would have any effect what so ever. Those that have control of the monetary system know it's importance. IMHO, they will also defend that power by any means necessary.
    Yes, commerce is a voracious beast, hence why it is best to engage in such a tempestuous sea "at arm's length".
    Same "arm's length" should be extended to society and government as well.

There is NO SAFETY to be had in commerce.
    Last edited by shikamaru; 04-05-11 at 05:04 PM.

From the video:

"Most Americans don't know that some states in the Mid-West are already using "alternative currencies"...

An NBC News affiliate in Michigan reports that

"new types of money are popping up across Mid-Michigan and supporters say, it's not counterfeit, but rather a competing currency. Right now, for example, you can buy a meal or visit a chiropractor without using actual U.S. legal tender."

What most Americans don't realize is that this is all totally legal.

The U.S. Treasury Dept web site says that, according to Coinage Act of 1965: "There is... no Federal statute mandating that a private business, a person or an organization must accept currency or coins as for payment for goods and/or services."

I saw one report that says there are now 150 of these alternative local U.S. currencies being accepted around the country!

USA Today reports that the largest of these local currencies is a currency called "Berkshares," which are being used in the Berkshires region of western Massachusetts.

According to the paper:

"Since its start in 2006, the system, the largest of its kind in the country, has circulated $2.3 million worth of BerkShares." And even in places that do not yet have local currencies, store owners may now actually prefer foreign currencies rather than U.S. dollars...

In Washington, DC, just 25 miles from my office, some stores have begun accepting euros. Of course, the euro isn't much more stable than the dollar right now. But my point is that most people don't understand there is NO FEDERAL REQUIREMENT in the United States for a private store to accept dollars for non-debt transactions.

You see, no matter what the government decides, stores and businesses will accept whatever they believe is a strong currency.

As Texas Representative Ron Paul wrote recently:

"If you walk into a 7-11 to buy a soda, the clerk doesn't have to accept your dollars, he could demand euros, silver, or copper. But because legal tender laws backing the dollar have caused the dollar to drive other currencies out of circulation, [right now] it is easier for stores to accept dollars."

Well, all that is quickly changing...

Many places in Texas now accept Mexican pesos for payment. "Euros Accepted" signs are popping up in of all places: Manhattan. And not only Manhattan, but in New York's favorite summer playground... the Hamptons.

There, an art gallery assistant was quoted by The Real Deal: "I wouldn't want to discourage a sale in any way because of a currency issue."

And it's not just small stores that are accepting other methods of payment besides U.S. dollars.

The Chicago mercantile exchange the world's largest futures and commodities exchange board), now accepts gold to settle futures contracts. Until recently, the exchange typically accepted only U.S. treasuries and bonds as payment.

These guys obviously see the writing on the wall.

This would have all been completely unthinkable 10 years ago, but today it's a reality. And this trend is going to keep moving incredibly fast.

That is why...

The smartest investors are taking action...

Bill Gross, who probably knows as much about currencies and debt as anyone in the world, runs the world's biggest bond fund. He was quoted by Bloomberg:

"We've told all of our clients that if you only had one idea, one investment, it would be to buy an investment in a non-dollar currency. That should be on top of the list."

Jim Rogers, one of the world's most successful multi-millionaire investors writes:

"The dollar is not just in decline; it's a mess. If something isn't done soon, I believe the dollar could lose its status as the world's reserve currency and medium of exchange, something that would lead to a huge decline in the standard of living for U.S. citizens like nothing we've seen in nearly a century."

I know... you probably still don't believe it can happen here in the United States. But think about it...

Are we as Americans really immune to the laws of economics and finance?

I don't think so.

And every circumstance I know of, in which a government has tried to inflate its debts away, has ended in disaster. It will happen here too.

As Jim Rogers says:

"History teaches us that such imprudent monetary and fiscal behavior has always led to economic disaster."

This is why World Bank president, Robert B. Zoellick, in a speech at the School for Advanced International Studies at Johns Hopkins University, recently said: "The United States would be mistaken to take for granted the dollar's place as the world's predominant reserve currency. Looking forward, there will increasingly be other options to the dollar."

And this is why the International Monetary Fund (IMF) recently called for a new global currency.

This is why big U.S. companies like McDonald's and Caterpillar have begun introducing what are called "dim-sum bonds." These are securities denominated in the Chinese currency (the renminbi) by non-Chinese borrowers.

In other words, two of the biggest and most successful corporations in America realized they would have an easier time raising money by offering their bonds in a currency other than the U.S. dollar!"