Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: End Of The Dollar - IMF To Go To SDRs - Latest Video

Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    I am of the opinion one must have a complete system with respect to safety of self and loved ones in addition to one's personal finance.

1. One's home should be engineered like a fort.
    2. One should have their own tools, resources, fuel, energy, weapons, etc.
    3. One's home should be free of all liens.
    4. One's self should be free of all claims of debt.
    5. One's privacy strategy should be strong.

The most important value in a time of crisis is survivability.
    Thank you for contributing to this thread!

Here's the 4 Strategies he won't tell you in the video:

1: Open a Foreign Bank Account (under $10,000),

2: Buy a Little Bit of Land (overseas)

3: Create a Trust to Protect and Build Wealth offshore

4: Gold in the Bank, keeping bullion in a private and secure place overseas

Plus: The World’s Most Valuable Asset in a Time of Crisis: Farmland.

These are his opinion. What do the readers here think of it?

I'd be weary of all currencies .
    Save fiat money currencies for public business. Private business can be done in gold and silver coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post

1. I like that idea . However, banking is to always be done "at arm's length" and relegated strictly to the public business side.
    2. Not sure if I agree with this one. Ownership of land just subjects the owner to taxation. I would do this if I intended to use the land. I would rather focus my efforts on perfecting the tenure of property here in the States.
    3. I like this idea too. This is a great idea, but only for business on the public side.
    4. This is a horrible idea. If you don't have gold or silver coins in your grubby little hands, you don't have gold and silver. NEVER use some third party to store your gold and silver.

Farmland is always valuable . I can agree with this as well.

I agree for the most part. Keep in mind his point of view. I don't think he knows what we know.

He's looking at land overseas from the point of view of the complete collapse of the dollar.

For a "text" transcript of the video, go to this page, close the window, and you will get a popup
    asking if you want to stay on the page. If you select "stay on the page" you will be on the "Text version":
    http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pr...VD/LPSIM406/PR

I think what the video did for me was frame the picture of the "day" when everything will change.

It's something we all talk about in "theory". However for me at least, the little walk through history
    he takes was good for me in the sense of reminding me how fast it will actually happen. He's right about that.

Keep in mind, I understand he's selling a product, and alarmism is his marketing tool, but I think the
    readers here know that he's not really being alarmist.

It will happen one day. One day, we will wake up and the entire game will have changed. There will
    be nothing anybody can do at that point. No matter how much money you thought you had, it will
    be worthless. There will be mass confusion, rioting, looting, murder and rape.

No one will take your "dollars" for anything. Gold and silver will be so expensive that it will be out of
    reach. Everyone at the same time will be furious and desperate to provide for their families.

Worst case imaginable.

I think it was great that he revisited the "winter of discontent". I had forgotten (too young). that was just from a 14% drop in the value
    of the Sterling. The 3 day work week and the blackouts. It will be much worse here, and the drop will be far more than 14%.

On that day, the talk of "lawful money" will be irrelevant.

The secret meeting was also ominous;
    For example, although it went almost completely unreported in the U.S. press, last fall, a group of the world's most powerful countries, including China, Japan, Russia, and France, got together for a secret meeting – WITHOUT the United States being present or even knowing about the meeting.

Veteran Middle East report Robert Fisk reported on this even in the Britain's Independent newspaper:

"In the most profound financial change in recent Middle East history, Gulf Arabs are planning – along with China, Russia, Japan and France – to end dollar dealings for oil, moving instead to a basket of currencies including the Japanese Yen, Chinese yuan, the euro, gold and a new, unified currency planned for nations in the Gulf Co-operation Council, including Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi, Kuwait and Qatar."

Fisk also interviewed a Chinese banker who said:

"These plans will change the face of international financial transactions. America and Britain must be very worried. You will know how worried by the thunder of denials this news will generate."

And sure enough, after Fisk published the details of this secret meeting, U.S. officials and central bankers from around the globe denied these plans.
    Then there was this (classic):

But as the old central banking adage goes... how do you know exactly when a currency will be devalued?

The answer: Right AFTER the head of the central bank goes on television to adamantly deny that any such transaction will occur. (And guess who just went public in recent weeks with a statement about how the U.S. will "not devalue its currency"? Yes, you guessed it... U.S. Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner.)
    I wanted to start this discussion because I think that redeeming lawful money
    is indeed remedy, and all are fortunate that find it. But I want to open the "echo chamber"
    to further steps beyond that. You know, where the rubber meets the road; survival
    after the collapse of the world as we know it.

More than just "how to make soap out of tree bark" survival. How to maintain a similar
    "standard of living" to what we have now.

I know not everyone is going to be on this "frequency", but for those that are, I'm interested
    in sharing and planning, that we may help each other refine a plan with a real chance of success.

Funny though that the "remedy" for this whole crisis is lawful money. I think we can be sure
    that it won't ever happen though, as I believe this is the whole plan to begin with. The IMF.

Hence, the logic for further planning is I think prudent.
    Last edited by Axe; 04-05-11 at 07:03 PM.

You may want to community with people of like mind to begin to look out for each other in the event of disaster.
    You will like this: http://www.survival-spot.com/surviva...tina-collapse/

Thank you for that. I also like http://survivalblog.com.

It's authored by a former Army intelligence officer, I have several of his books.

VERY good reading.

Perhaps this was not the place for this discussion. I thought it had a slightly different
    focus however, but maybe I was wrong.

thank you.

T.

I think the idea of trusts is the key, especially internationally.

I think the idea of trusts is the key, especially internationally.
    After reading that link that I sent you, I will have to alter my position a bit on investments overseas.

The ability to move would be most critical.

I like to tell my fellow outdoor guides:
    If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

The sixth chapter of Matthew contains the crisis preparedness plan that I follow.
    Community and Christian fellowship is a vital part of that plan for me.

There is a lot of bartering going on around here too.
    No money, no problem, for some things.
    Doesn't work for utilities though.

My Father in Heaven has a thousand ways to provide for me of which I know nothing.
    His provisions for me don't always work out the way I envision them however.
    I'm learning to be patient, flexible, and free of pre-conceived expectations.
    This makes me meek and humble.
    I understand that the meek shall inherit the earth

Hope for the best and mop up the rest.
    Bright blessings
    Treefarmer

There is power in the blood of Jesus

1. check

2. check

3. working on that one.

4. gold and silver in hand, check

Farm land check.

Building a community of people to work with.

a. 16 acres in hawaii with a growing community of like minded people raising crops and farm animals.

b. 2 1/1 acres in Thailand, starting a community for those interested (contact me), in the heart of 100s of acres of farmland. fish farm up and running. Fruit trees planted and so far a small garden.

One thing I would add is a way to create your own power and a library of how to. fB