Thread: Bank closed account

Bank closed account

Went to the bank to get a new card, old one stopped working.
    Card wasn't good enough and they wanted ID which I didn't have.
    So I asked for my old card out of the garbage and left.
    Bank called the house and said if i can't provide ID they are closing the account.
    So I went to another town with same bank, the original one which opened the account.
    No problems, gave me a new card with no ID.
    I drained the account because of the threat of closing it on me.
    Only left a few bucks in it.
    Well they closed it even after I got a new card and was using the account.
    Its a credit union so you had to buy into it with a small fee (shares) when an account gets opened.
    Had the account for well over 20 years.
    They sent me a cheque, "not negotiable" with has some interesting stuff on it.

A section off the cheque
    Name:  Blueshore Cheque cleaned close up.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  19.1 KB

the cheque

Name:  Blueshore Cheque cleaned.jpg
Views: 4420
Size:  143.5 KB

What gets me is they did this with out a written notice.
    Cashed in my shares with out written notice.
    I am going to send it back.
    Last edited by walter; 11-04-15 at 01:27 AM.

It would have been interesting if you had opened up a second account at the time you also received a new card. I would bet that second account would not have been closed.

*A bank may close an account just by a customers verbal expression without paperwork being completed. Sounds like the result of the phone call to your home was deemed as a verbal expression by you to close the account.

Quote Originally Posted by EZrhythm View Post

*A bank may close an account just by a customers verbal expression without paperwork being completed. Sounds like the result of the phone call to your home was deemed as a verbal expression by you to close the account.

I agree.
    In the letter enclosed mentioned the one phone call and she is using that as the base.

The letter she wrote is going to be countered.
    I see errors and omissions and to me it is vexatious.

In my experience credit unions DO NOT like restricted endorsements of checks. My old CU told me they did not take checks with restricted endorsements. I said OK, bu bye. I then opened a account with a national bank who had no problem with the restricted endorsement language on the check. I don't know the differences between Credit unions and National banks, so I wasn't going to play their game and left.

My whole point I am going to go after them with is that government issued ID like DL, passport etc are not mine and belong to someone else that is not me and using them will be false identification and fraud because I am aware that the plastic is not me or mine. This violates the International covenant to human rights and freedoms.

1. The obligation of States Parties to ensure the exercitation of the human rights - set out in the text of the Covenant - without any kind of discrimination

“The States Parties to the present Covenant - in
    the text of the Article 2 & 2 of the International
    Covenant - undertake to guarantee that the rights
    enunciated in the Covenant will be exercised without
    discrimination
    of any kind as to race, color, sex
    , language, religion, political or other opinion,
    national or social origin, property, birth or other
    status”.

It comes down to domestic law breaking international law.
    Whom trumps whom?
    We know the answer.

Administration of your identity is who responsibility, When first its a person being managed or account of that persons thats authorized .Only as the identified employee Walter will your complaint be addressed IMO fiction cant hurt fiction persons cant hurt persons Re-venue revenue Standing before what style of Name. Estate closed case closed. the goods ship of commerce u been handed a bill.

Bank Act

Membership shares

79.1 (1) A federal credit union may have only one class of membership shares in which the rights of their holders are equal in all respects, and those rights include the right to receive

(a) dividends declared on those membership shares; and

(b) the remaining property of the federal credit union on dissolution.

I am going to do something different then what I said earlier.
    My share is a "right".
    "Right" doesn't carry an obligation.
    By forcefully liquidating my "share" I can no longer receive dividends as my "right".
    I do not wave this 'right".
    Who has the ability to waive my "right" besides me?
    My thoughts are nobody does.

Note sure if this helps but many prepaid visas come with bank accounts--but I would prefer one that can receive Fedwire and that allows the mailing in of checks (Rushcard allows check mail-in AFAIK).
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    Note sure if this helps but many prepaid visas come with bank accounts--but I would prefer one that can receive Fedwire and that allows the mailing in of checks (Rushcard allows check mail-in AFAIK).
    Do you need to use the NAME and have ID for the pre-paid cards?
    My friend once got one at the airport because they don't accept cash on flights anymore only plastic.
    The lady at the counter ask him if he was a judge because they were not allowed to sell prepaid credit cards to judges.

I got a letter back from the bank after I returned theirs.
    They said sorry bla bla come on in and we will reopen it but you need ID and then gave a list from the Bank Act what they accept.
    And of course all the ID they accept is usufruct ID.

I was thinking of responding to the usufruct not ID'ing me but the government.
    Most likely a waste of time.
    It has me thinking.
    A man can't have a bank account, only the government person can.
    To work (have a job) the system is designed only for persons.
    So man can't work, but yet there is

Article 23.1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights states:

(1) Everyone has the right to work, to free choice of employment, to just and favourable conditions of work and to protection against unemployment.

Is the bank rules violating international law?
    The law says "everyone" and not "person".

They are not stopping me from work but stopping me from the right to the fruits from work.
    Last edited by walter; 01-30-16 at 01:02 AM.