Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Joseph View Post
I believe the man willfully took part in discourse (did "eat"), as did the woman, and then, to keep, save or redeem his wife he "touched" her within a short time after her encounter with the "tree". This would be considered an unclean act since the woman had just had intercourse with someone else.

This also explains the twin brothers being born; "thy seed" and "her seed" from two different fathers who had intercourse with the woman within a short period of time.

AJ,

By "save or redeem his wife", do you mean Adam had sex with Eve in order to deceive others into believing she is pregnant with his child?
Gen 3:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
Eve: I'm preganant with the evil man's child. Have sex with me and pass this child off as your own.

Adam: OK.

Think about it. They've eaten from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. So now they are aware that the serpent is evil. Now they are aware that Eve is pregnant with the evil man's child. Now it's time for a coverup.

And we find in the scripture that Adam also has eaten from the tree - but by way of Eve. Eve is not only beguiled to have sex with the evil man, but is also beguiled into convincing Adam to conspire the coverup. Adam, in going along with this conspiracy (sourced from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil), has therefore eaten from the tree as well.

If I place myself in Adam's shoes (if they wore shoes back then, not sure, lol):

1. I freely have sex with my wife, no guilt, no shame, I'm not aware that I'm naked.
  2. But then I have sex with my wife in an effort to deceive God. Now I feel guilt and shame - not for the sex act, but for lying to God.
  3. When God stops by for a visit, my guilt forces me to cover myself (groin), for I've attempted to deceive God, using a sex act to do so.
At the very least, the foregoing does not seem to contradict the scriptures.

After Adam "ate" from the tree he became a fallen man. That being said, I'm qualified to place myself in Adam's shoes. Doing so helps me to relate to what happened back then. Now the scripture reads like history and not like fantasy.