Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Joseph View Post
The point I am questioning is the definition of "eat". Clearly "eating" and "touching" are not the same thing; why speak and admit to each action separately if they are the same act?

What I am attempting to decipher is what precisely is the act of "eating" which was approved by God for every tree save one.

It is becoming obvious to me that there was a sex act involved to produce the seed that was Cain; one with a very different nature than that of Abel. That still does not clear up the use of the word "eat", and since "I did eat" was the confessed sin and the question from God Him Self: "And he said, Who told thee that thou [wast] naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?", then what is meaning of "eat"?

To "touch" is to "lie with" or have sexual intercourse, but that is not what God questioned of the man and that is not what either the man or woman confessed to.

"I did eat." was the confession.

Can you see the my point here? I am not dismissing that the woman had intercourse with someone other than "Adam" in order to produce Cain and I don't think we disagree as much as you think. However, if we are to determine truth here, then we must understand and comprehend the use of words which, as we see, have some discrepencies according to which act was deemed as "eating".
I do see your point. I too have struggled with this one. Yehoshuah was born in Beth-leham [house of bread] and that is where Rachel [lamb of God] died. Yehoshuah many times speaks of eating the bread of life. And we see a spirit man in the gulf with deep shame asking Abraham for some water. This is not drinking water - this is knowledge.

Quick Tangent: That man was Rich his whole life; snapped his fingers and it was given to him whatever he desired and now he finds that he is on the other side of the gulf and the most important thing he could have had cannot be his now. So he is in a spiritual hell of sorts in his own mind - Why O' why did he make the choices he made and now if he could just have some "water" to quench his thirst. What is water to a Spirit Man?

Maybe this was not so much a tangent as I thought. Yehoshuah saying to eat and drink of his body. What is the body of Yehoshuah? The Word of Yehovah.

I suppose this is the point that causes so much of US v. THEM proganda. In my opinion, granted I said my opinion - I think that The Man and The Woman disobeyed Yehovah Elohiym by having ANYTHING to do with the Man known as the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. We see that the Woman reports that that tree was good for wisdom so I imagine they both sat before this one and listened to his Stories.

Yehovah said have nothing to do with this one. So I can see that to "eat and drink" can be an Idiom for to gain Knowledge. And there were also trees in the garden that were just that "trees" for food to sustain the flesh.

So we have before us:

Spiritual Food - for the Mind
Fleshly Food - for the Body

---------------------

I contend that these two partook of the Spiritual Food from the Tree they were commanded not to have anything to do with; and, Chavvah, definitely had sex with this one. I am unsure if The Man just joined in a threesome or did he engage in a homosexual act. That is not clear to me. The Man may not have "touched" this Man at all. His report being he ate; not that he touched. Yet we find that BOTH of them put fig leaves over their groins. And that is a problem for me. Why would The Man need to cover up his groins?

AJ, we have no foundation unless we can test it and it is found not wanting. So we examine with a critical eye to see if the doctrine is true or not. As such, keep em coming. I am debating where to go next. Maybe the fallen Angels. Or, maybe the Law and the Promise.

I was recently told that many, many are reading this site. So that is a blessing indeed.

Shalom,
mj