Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Parable of the Fig Tree

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Joseph View Post
    I believe the man willfully took part in discourse (did "eat"), as did the woman, and then, to keep, save or redeem his wife he "touched" her within a short time after her encounter with the "tree". This would be considered an unclean act since the woman had just had intercourse with someone else.

This also explains the twin brothers being born; "thy seed" and "her seed" from two different fathers who had intercourse with the woman within a short period of time.

AJ,

By "save or redeem his wife", do you mean Adam had sex with Eve in order to deceive others into believing she is pregnant with his child?
    Gen 3:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
    Eve: I'm preganant with the evil man's child. Have sex with me and pass this child off as your own.

Adam: OK.

Think about it. They've eaten from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. So now they are aware that the serpent is evil. Now they are aware that Eve is pregnant with the evil man's child. Now it's time for a coverup.

And we find in the scripture that Adam also has eaten from the tree - but by way of Eve. Eve is not only beguiled to have sex with the evil man, but is also beguiled into convincing Adam to conspire the coverup. Adam, in going along with this conspiracy (sourced from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil), has therefore eaten from the tree as well.

If I place myself in Adam's shoes (if they wore shoes back then, not sure, lol):

1. I freely have sex with my wife, no guilt, no shame, I'm not aware that I'm naked.
    2. But then I have sex with my wife in an effort to deceive God. Now I feel guilt and shame - not for the sex act, but for lying to God.
    3. When God stops by for a visit, my guilt forces me to cover myself (groin), for I've attempted to deceive God, using a sex act to do so.
    At the very least, the foregoing does not seem to contradict the scriptures.

After Adam "ate" from the tree he became a fallen man. That being said, I'm qualified to place myself in Adam's shoes. Doing so helps me to relate to what happened back then. Now the scripture reads like history and not like fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Joseph View Post
    Now that makes more sense! Especially taking into account the "punishments of those involved".
    Here is another perspective on why Adam did what he did:

ADAM'S CURSE
    The judgment that God had pronounced upon Adam was a curse on the ground (Genesis 3:17-19) and not upon his reproductive organ because Adam was not deceived into transgressing the law. Eve was. (1Tim.2:14). But Adam listened to her and joined her in her sin. Adam knew what he was doing when he hearkened to his wife. Being taken from his side, she was a part of him. He knew she would be lost because of her sin. Therefore, in order to redeem her, he must identify himself with her sin. So, Adam knowingly joined Eve in her sin. And his act brought DEATH into the world.
    I just had an "Aha" moment!

From examining the punishment, I conclude that Adam did not engage in a homosexual act, or even a threesome.

Prior to any sin, Adam and Eve lived on the Word of God alone.

Gen 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

But then Adam veered from the Word, and hearkened on to Eve's word (done by his own choice). Since God's word is what provided sustenance, Adam's punishment is that he must procure his own sustenance by working the land.

Wow, this is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Anthony View Post

From examining the punishment, I conclude that Adam did not engage in a homosexual act, or even a threesome.

Gen 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

But then Adam veered from the Word, and hearkened on to Eve's word (done by his own choice). Since God's word is what provided sustenance, Adam's punishment is that he must procure his own sustenance by working the land.

Wow, this is fun.
    Rock, do you recall the Temptation of Yehoshuah. Let us go there now and you will indeed have an aha moment.

Mat 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

Yehoshuah is Yehovah expressed in the Flesh - begotten of Mary and the Spirit - Yehoshuah. Satan is the same Tree we are speaking of in the Garden. Lets set the table. Yehoshuah is on a 40 day fast - no food or water. He is quite weak and The Satan always ready to overturn Scripture and thus perhaps his Judgment - Son of Perdition - takes the opportunity to Tempt his Creator. Notice Yehoshuah has not eaten anything for 40 days. Lets get to it...

Mat 4:2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungered.

There you go Rock, afterwards he hungered.

Mat 4:3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

The temptor came to Eve too. But The Woman and The Man were told have nothing to do with The Satan. That was Yehovah's command or Yehovah's Word. And The Man knew Yehovah's Word as he walked with Yehovah.

Mat 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

This is amazing see how Yehoshuah answered the Temptor - The Satan. He did not have a discussion with Satan - like Eve did on what he could and could not do - He came in the name of Yehoshuah - in other words - He quoted the Word of Yehovah. Now learn a lesson - if you are delivered up before the courts in the latter days - you are not to argue - Ref Mark 13, you are to let the Spirit of Yehovah speak thru you. You MUST know the plan of the day so that you can be used; otherwise you will stumble - and you must know - not by might or strength but by my Spirit sayeth Yehovah.

Mat 4:5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
    Mat 4:6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

The Satan is persistent. Go now and Read Psalm 91 verse 11 - 12 and you will see now how persuasive Satan can be. Can you see where he twisted the Word? Do you think the good little fishies sitting in their pews for 40 years, never reading or studying the Word, will be able to spot the subtle lies? This one is very subtle. Now read Psalm 91:13. See why he left off quoting the Word? Now read Gen 3:15.

Mat 4:7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Amazing, look how to get things done. Not by your strength or my strength but by quoting the Word of Yehovah. Read now Acts 17:28. Do not continue until you have read Acts 17:28.

Mat 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
    Mat 4:9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
    Mat 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

That is three times friend. The Satan is created of Yehovah just like you and I. If you think that the Satan will tempt the Creator three times, how many times do you think he would tempt you? But look how we are shown to overcome - use the Sword of Truth.

Mat 4:11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

The Woman and The Man did not do any of these. They argued with The Satan. That is not wise friend. For he and his are very, very intelligent and very disciplined.

---------------------------------------------------

Death entered into this World in first Age. And see that the Great Dragon or The Satan stood ready to devour the child that the woman would bring forth. Can you now see, this was the first Attempt to nullify Scripture. I mean already just new to this Age, we find Satan has already created an absolute mess - regarding The Man and The Woman's rebellion against Yehovah's Word. You say Rebellion - that's a strong word?

These two were expressly told have nothing to do with the Satan. And they chose to go against Yehovah's command. I mean Satan "tickled their ears". So what's new under the Sun?

There are many a preacher today who love to "tickle the ears" of the assembly. These are agents of Satan - The Bad Fig.

----------------------------------------------------

Let us try vehemently not to create confusion. Let us look closely at your quote.

Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

We see that The Man is a high priest unto his family. Nothing has changed. Men are too damn stupid and too damn lazy to pick up the trust. We'll go down to "beth-aven" - church and listen to pastor, because, you know Pastor's been to the cemetery - "seminary" and look at his fancy robe, he has initials behind his name - look at his pulpit - how could he lie, he's been to school and everything. What a JOKE.

And when one arises who tries to make a difference, you want to know what the fools think of that one? They HATE him. They say, why would he talk so about our church. We got a good church, the people are good and we all get along. Yet if they are not being fed the "food of truth" directly from Yehovah's Word - the Vine - where the good grapes are grown - then, most times, it is just a bunch of hot air. Worthless trite - confusion - these are Agents of Satan. How dare he say that? I said it friend. And if you are in that boat, I suggest you abandon ship FAST.

Hos 9:7 The days of visitation are come, the days of recompence are come; Israel shall know it: the prophet is a fool, the spiritual man is mad, for the multitude of thine iniquity, and the great hatred.
    Hos 9:8 The watchman of Ephraim was with my God: but the prophet is a snare of a fowler in all his ways, and hatred in the house of his God.

They will not see and cannot see. Due mostly as they have chosen not to see. What you think these are going to study Yehovah's Word. Are you kidding me. There excuse: I got too much work, I got to earn, I got to wash my car, fix my house, watch my favorite TV show.....blah, blah, blah. This is IDOLATRY! And Yehovah calls these WHORES. Adulterers. These have all their lovers and in one day there lovers will all be brought to nothing. What, you think these can swing the Sword of Truth?

There best goes like 'I think it says somewhere in the bible.....'

Be not as one of these. Learn the Plan and the Will of Yehovah. Be able to Count the stones worn smooth over a very long time. So that you can be useful to WAKE UP some of these who are wondering around Spiritually Dead and devoid of truth. Oh, they can slick you out of your increase by law processes they have been shown; these will even stay up at night developing tools to help them slick you out of your property. Wise to do Evil but to know of Yehovah's Word and do good - are you kidding me?

If I need a bridge designed do I hire an Engineer or a Painter? If I want the Word of Yehovah preached do I want one skilled in Yehovah's Word or do I want one with many initials after his name that does not know his head from a hold in the ground? The answer is obvious. Yet so many simple ones open their mouth and I am saying right here and now that they should keep it shut. For they just cause confusion in their simplicity and stupidity.

------------------------------------------------------------

Shalom,
    mj

Yehovah PLANS to put the Sword [the Word of Yehovah] in the hand of the Slayer and he will Slay wonderfully. It will not be hard. Most are Spiritually Dead right now. Yehovah said it will be like harvesting grapes with a sickle. A sickle is used to harvest wheat. Yet these are gonna be so easy for the taking Yehovah says to put in the sickle.

Joe 3:13 Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great.

Joe 3:14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.

You ever heard tell of harvesting grapes with a sickle? But Yehovah says this is going to be EASY pickins'. Why because these have NO oil in their lamps. This is really sad. But nevertheless it is a reality.

Jer 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Note: Heart should render MIND.
    Last edited by Michael Joseph; 04-12-11 at 09:05 PM.
    The blessing is in the hand of the doer. Faith absent deeds is dead.

Lawful Money Trust Website

Divine Mind Community Call - Sundays 8pm EST

ONE man or woman can make a difference!

Anthony Joseph

Wow, this is fun.
    When "eating" of the other "trees", there was no danger or possibility of the man or woman veering away from God's Word; the other "trees" had neither the cunning nor desire to persuade the man or woman otherwise.

What still confuses me is the serpent and the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. These have to be two separate beings since the serpent said,

"For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."

Eat thereof - meaning eat of that over there. So the serpent speaking to the woman cannot be the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil as the serpent is convincing the woman to go over there and eat of it. And yet God speaks to the serpent:

"And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:"

Now, when God continues; is He still speaking to the serpent or did He shift over to the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil when He states:

"And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel."

Was this a tag-team effort; false prophet (serpent) and the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil (Anti-Christ) working together in an attempt to interrupt God's plan?

Anthony Joseph
    AJ,

By "save or redeem his wife", do you mean Adam had sex with Eve in order to deceive others into believing she is pregnant with his child?
    Gen 3:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
    Eve: I'm preganant with the evil man's child. Have sex with me and pass this child off as your own.

Adam: OK.

Think about it. They've eaten from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. So now they are aware that the serpent is evil. Now they are aware that Eve is pregnant with the evil man's child. Now it's time for a coverup.

And we find in the scripture that Adam also has eaten from the tree - but by way of Eve. Eve is not only beguiled to have sex with the evil man, but is also beguiled into convincing Adam to conspire the coverup. Adam, in going along with this conspiracy (sourced from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil), has therefore eaten from the tree as well.

If I place myself in Adam's shoes (if they wore shoes back then, not sure, lol):

1. I freely have sex with my wife, no guilt, no shame, I'm not aware that I'm naked.
    2. But then I have sex with my wife in an effort to deceive God. Now I feel guilt and shame - not for the sex act, but for lying to God.
    3. When God stops by for a visit, my guilt forces me to cover myself (groin), for I've attempted to deceive God, using a sex act to do so.
    At the very least, the foregoing does not seem to contradict the scriptures.

After Adam "ate" from the tree he became a fallen man. That being said, I'm qualified to place myself in Adam's shoes. Doing so helps me to relate to what happened back then. Now the scripture reads like history and not like fantasy.
    I don't believe Adam had intercourse with his wife in order to deceive anyone about who got her pregnant. I believe that Adam had intercourse with his wife in order to take her sin unto himself in order to keep and redeem her from her sin.

That is why his punishment was not as severe as his wife's punishment; he still disobeyed God but not in the same manner that his wife did.

The guilt and shame stems from disobeying God's Command to not eat of the Tree and the subsequent "unclean" intercourse which took place. They were made aware of Good and Evil by taking in the word of the Tree ("eating" of it) and they both took part in unclean intercourse as a result; the Woman with the Tree ("touching" the Tree) and then Adam with the Woman ("touching" his wife) shortly afterward.

Hence the two seedlines; Cain (tiller of the ground) and Abel (keeper of sheep).