Quote Originally Posted by walter View Post
I have over a period of a couples of years (a few years ago) been stopped and ticketed for no DL and no insurance three times building up a pile of fines that they placed on the dL/account.
The DL # is the same as the account #.

It never is cancelled because after they take their DL away from you they still place the charges on the DL.account #.
The account never closes even when they say you have no DL. Go figure.

So every six months i would get a statement from them saying I have a pile of outstanding fine.
So one day ( a couple years ago now) I took the new statement and paste over the address window on the envelope and put a new address on it.

"Forward to the legal owners and trustee of the name"
then I put the vital stats office of the province my birth was recorded in.

Never heard or received anything from the DL agents again.

What I want to do but have not yet is check the DL/account # at a insurance place to see if the chargers are still on it or even if the account still exists.

I also wonder about inactive accounts falling dormant. Meaning no new chargers or me begging for a privilege activates the statute of limitations.

After all even the SIN/SSN go dormant after not being used for five years and they need to be reactivated.
Sound like the lesson of Lot's wife is relevant here; why "look back" if it has nothing to do with you?