Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Adventures in land ownership

Being the poster is in Tennessee, here is a treaty/compact that you will want to acquire/research:

Southwest Ordinance of 1790

The other major ordinances concerning lands in the public domain are:

The Land Ordinance of 1784
    The Land Ordinance of 1785
    Northwest Ordinance of 1787

The Ordinances above were created by Congress of the Confederation, successor of the Second Continental Congress.

You may also want to know the public lands were administered by the General Land Office up to about 1946.

In 1946, the GLO was merged with the US Grazing Service to become the Bureau of Land Management, an agency of the Interior Department.

Also, you may want to acquire any treaties made with Native Americans over the territory as well.
    Last edited by shikamaru; 01-12-13 at 01:43 PM.

I believe that the Treaty at Fort Stanwix plays a major foundation, being the first grant by the Iroquis Federation after the Declaration of Independence. This treaty granted all lands west of an eastern seaboard river. Interestingly it was granted by and large because of a slick attorney.

Click Here. See Page 252. Here it is expressed in the Writing on the Wall.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by David Merrill; 01-12-13 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    Being the poster is in Tennessee, here is a treaty/compact that you will want to acquire/research:

Southwest Ordinance of 1790

The other major ordinances concerning lands in the public domain are:

The Land Ordinance of 1784
    The Land Ordinance of 1785
    Northwest Ordinance of 1787

The Ordinances above were created by Congress of the Confederation, successor of the Second Continental Congress.

You may also want to know the public lands were administered by the General Land Office up to about 1946.

In 1946, the GLO was merged with the US Grazing Service to become the Bureau of Land Management, an agency of the Interior Department.

Also, you may want to acquire any treaties made with Native Americans over the territory as well.
    Interesting how prominent April 15th is in history. It was on that day in 1783 the Congress of the Confederation appproved the Treaty of Paris.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Alan View Post
    Interesting how prominent April 15th is in history. It was on that day in 1783 the Congress of the Confederation appproved the Treaty of Paris.
    Add that one to the list. The Treaty of Paris has implications on those other ordinances ....

You can obtain a list of treaties and agreements in force from the US Department of State.

Very interesting, thank you for all the info shikamaru.

I've come to the conclusion that the system as it currently works, where the highest form of land ownership for people with BCs, DLs, SSNs, etc is in FEE SIMPLE, which is NOT allodial ownership but at the most a feudal landlord/tenant relationship, is still endorsed and tolerated by Yehovah Elohim, and as such I need to go along with it, as I am His subject.

But if and when the Roman beast power that's in charge of the USA defaults on Yehovah Elohim's law requirements completely, for example by establishing a National Sunday Law as described here, then I will probably return the WARRANTY DEED and its survey to the US and claim allodial ownership of the land itself as agent of Yehovah Elohim, based on the resulting trust which forms upon the default of the current trustee.
    That's all contingent on me being around of course.
    Treefarmer

There is power in the blood of Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    Very interesting, thank you for all the info shikamaru.

I've come to the conclusion that the system as it currently works, where the highest form of land ownership for people with BCs, DLs, SSNs, etc is in FEE SIMPLE, which is NOT allodial ownership but at the most a feudal landlord/tenant relationship, is still endorsed and tolerated by Yehovah Elohim, and as such I need to go along with it, as I am His subject.

But if and when the Roman beast power that's in charge of the USA defaults on Yehovah Elohim's law requirements completely, for example by establishing a National Sunday Law as described here, then I will probably return the WARRANTY DEED and its survey to the US and claim allodial ownership of the land itself as agent of Yehovah Elohim, based on the resulting trust which forms upon the default of the current trustee.
    That's all contingent on me being around of course.
    One aspect of this model - obvious to me anyway from a reading of the Book of Acts - is that Paul spent the last five years of life forming Roman custody law; the Welfare State. I do a lot of reading between the lines.

It strikes me that Felix in Tyre was dealing anew with the idea that a Roman citizen needed protective custody and protection from the Jews, the Sanhedrin, for that same citizenship. So Felix put Paul in jail for two years and as the rabbis were still determined to kill Paul on sight, remanded Paul to Rome. Some time later, while in protective custody and living on the Roman taxpayer dole Paul wrote the Book of Romans where we find Romans 13.

I have determined that this context is important while examining such issues as you say Treefarmer.

This might be helpful in that historical context.

"Now I say, [That] the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father."

Galatians 4:1-2.
    Name:  MV5BMTQ0MzY5OTQ2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzI1MTU5Mg@@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  24.2 KB

On a more 'fantastical' note, in the movie Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief the story pertains to a demi-god who doesn't really know who or what he is and he is under the protection of parents and tutors who fully know who/what he is but don't outright tell him. Interestingly, Percy Jackson has special power over water and is a son of Poseidon (got 'admiralty'?).

Note the emergency weapon: a pen.

Interestingly, Herman Mellville may have seen perceived some kind of relation to the mythological Perseus and whale (leviathan?) hunting:

In Hermann Melville's Moby-Dick, the narrator asserts that Perseus was the first whaleman, when he killed Cetus to save Andromeda.[27] Operatic treatments of the subject include Persée by Lully (1682) and Persée et Andromède by Ibert (1921).
    Also...interestingly enough the link with Perseus and Ethiopia and a King Cepheus (father) a Queen Cassiopeia.

On the way back to Seriphos Island, Perseus stopped in the kingdom of Ethiopia. This mythical Ethiopia was ruled by King Cepheus and Queen Cassiopeia. Cassiopeia, having boasted her daughter Andromeda equal in beauty to the Nereids, drew down the vengeance of Poseidon, who sent an inundation on the land and a sea serpent, Cetus, which destroyed man and beast. The oracle of Ammon announced that no relief would be found until the king exposed his daughter Andromeda to the monster, and so she was fastened naked to a rock on the shore. Perseus slew the monster and, setting her free, claimed her in marriage.

Somehow...seems related.
    Last edited by allodial; 08-14-13 at 02:08 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Wouldn't this make Andromeda and her parents black?

Ethiopia means 'burned face'.

bobbinville
    In most states, you have General Warranty, Special Warranty and Quitclaim deeds. Massachusetts uses different terminology; but the effect is the same. Here's what www.buyersbrokersonly has to say:

In Massachusetts there are three types of deeds that are used for the purposes of real estate transactions: warranty deeds, quitclaim deeds and release deeds. Each type of deed offers varying levels of protection and guarantees against flaws in the title of the real estate being transferred. The vast majority of property in Massachusetts is transferred via a quitclaim deed. Home buyers typically receive the same type of deed from a seller that the seller received when purchasing the property.

Warranty deeds. In Massachusetts a warranty deed generally offers the greatest amount of protection to someone who is purchasing or receiving the title to a piece of real estate (the grantee). A warranty deed includes four basic assurances to the grantee at the time of transaction. The first warranty is that the current owner and seller of the title (the grantor) does in fact own the real estate in fee simple, which assures the grantor has absolute ownership of the property. Second, a warranty deed guarantees that the property is free from any encumbrances (anything that affects or limits the title of the property such as easements or liens) except for those specifically stated in the deed. Third, the warranty deed guarantees that the grantor of the title has the legal right to sell or transfer the property to grantee. Lastly, through the deed, the grantor promises to defend against any legal claims regarding problems with the title that arose not only during the grantor’s ownership period but also prior to that period time.

Quitclaim deeds. Quitclaim deeds differ from warranty deeds in Massachusetts in that the assurances are more limited. The first assurance a quitclaim deed makes is similar to the second guarantee of the warranty deed, which states that the grantor of the title has not made any encumbrances on the property other than those specifically mentioned in the deed. Unlike a warranty deed, however, the quitclaim only covers encumbrances made by the grantor and does not cover any preexisting encumbrances such as easements or restrictions set forth by the municipality. In addition to the first assurance, the quitclaim deed guarantees that the grantor will defend against any legal claims regarding problems with the title that arose during the grantor’s ownership period but not prior to the grantor’s ownership. Essentially a quitclaim provides the same protections as a warranty deed except it limits how far back in time the grantor is liable for any problems resulting from the title.

Release deeds. The third type of deed used in Massachusetts, the release deed, offers the least amount of protection for real estate transactions. A release deed does not guarantee anything and merely serves to transfer a title or whatever right the grantor holds to a specific property. With a release deed the grantor does not need to assure that the title is valid; thus, it ultimately provides no assurances whatsoever.

Title insurance is designed to protect you and/or your mortgagee against title defects -- some which even a diligent title search may not disclose. It also protects you against loss if your conveyancing attorney is incompetent because he blows his money on wine, women, gambling and cocaine (I knew a few, years ago). The title company will pay to defend your title; and it will compensate you if you lose in court. It is NOT offered in lieu of a title abstract; indeed, when I worked for a title insurer in the 80s, we NEVER insured title without having a full 50-year title abstract, or one built on an existing title policy issued by that company.

Having said all that, I will say no more except to observe that a seller is usually required, by the terms of a purchase and sale agreement, to deliver a special warranty deed; so showing up at closing with a quitclaim deed (as the term is used in most states) or a bargain and sale deed will bring the transaction to a screeching halt, and subject you to a claim for damages in court. the only time that you will see a release or bargain and sale deed is when you are buying from a government, an executor, or at a foreclosure sale. You will almost never see a general warranty deed, since no individual is likely to want to warrant against title defects arising from before he/she owned the property. I will also note that, by not recording a deed, you risk losing your property to a subsequent purchaser who has no notice of your ownership but who records his/her deed. Recording the deed (or registering it, if your jurisdiction provides for land registration) is notice to all that YOU own the property.