Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Translated? (Enoch)

Translated? (Enoch)

how is "translated" translated?

about enoch was translated into heaven. im looking at this from a john 1:1 perspective right now and I wonder what others here think about this. it may have something to do with the name? a new name maybe?

thanks

Name:  Hebrews_11_5_enoch_translated.png
Views: 602
Size:  72.8 KB
    Hebrews 11:5 via blueletterbible.org

Name:  metathemi_blueletterbible_strongs_enoch_translation.png
Views: 593
Size:  44.5 KB

Name:  metathemi_thayer's_lexicon_greek.gif
Views: 806
Size:  40.8 KB

Name:  metatithemi_verses.png
Views: 590
Size:  25.5 KB
    Verses where the term appears (to show how translated linguistically in those places).
    Last edited by allodial; 12-25-15 at 09:34 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    how is "translated" translated?

about enoch was translated into heaven. im looking at this from a john 1:1 perspective right now and I wonder what others here think about this. it may have something to do with the name? a new name maybe?

thanks
    I think of there being two figures who were transfigured, rather than suffering death to the flesh. Enoch and Elijah. Spiritually I believe that none of us ever die.

I like reference to a New Name. There is a mention that this new name is like a white stone and that I believe refers to juries of old. After hearing testimony and findings of fact the jurists would put one or the other, a white stone or a black stone into a basket to vote on a verdict. Since they had these stones in their hands during deliberations we get a smooth white stone symbolizing acquittal. I have associated this new smooth white stone with the true name for a long time. On the Libel of Review we can see how setting up the evidence repository in the true name (first and middle) distinguishes the man or woman from the TRUST NAME on banking and driver license ID enabling Refusal for Cause in almost all contract presentments.

Studying the Book of Mark reveals how people thought John was channel for Elijah. So in my interpretation I imagine John was a true Prophet of God and the King of Israel's prophet to King Archelaus HEROD. Also there is a Jewish tradition at Passover where Dad will slip out the back, go to the front door and knock. Everybody at the meal will await in anticipation like it is the Prophet Elijah at the door, come to initiate the Messianic Age. When Dad comes in instead the dinner guests say, Maybe next year in Jerusalem!

I have used this model to explain how Elijah is "kosher" as a ghost because he was transfigured. In all other cases resurrection from the dead is considered against the law - necromancy and reanimation are considered against the natural laws of God.
    Last edited by David Merrill; 12-25-15 at 09:45 PM.

hi allodial, David,

blueletterbible.org looks to be quite handy for these things. bookmarked it. so it seems "translation" = metathesis which is a bit odd to me but interesting. cant figure out how to get to the hebrew and aramaic functions on that site. is that possible there? still clicking around.

and where did this text come from: http://savingtosuitorsclub.net/attac...1&d=1451078998 ?

"distinguishes the man or woman from the TRUST NAME" perhaps, a translation has occurred also?

"Jewish tradition at Passover where Dad will slip out the back, go to the front door and knock. Everybody at the meal will await in anticipation like it is the Prophet Elijah at the door" i guess its not as strange as the santa claus tradition and certainly much older than it.

I dont know enough to comment on most of that David but I sure am perplexed by John 1:1 KJV, and consider if one is to use anothers translation (authority?) and "the word was god" I think it better to de-fine differently or at least re-fine the words.

thos are not my words but if I create my own new words then communication will be difficult with them but not completelt impossible.

thanks

The image is from "Thayer's Lexicon". That image is available via blueletterbible.org.

Name:  512CCCncwqL._SX340_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  54.2 KB

Re: John 1:1, etc. You might try looking at Young's Literal Translation and comparing it with the KJV.

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God; 2this one was in the beginning with God; 3all things through him did happen, and without him happened not even one thing that hath happened. 4In him was life, and the life was the light of men, 5and the light in the darkness did shine, and the darkness did not perceive it.
    Just about every major translation has "the word was god". The Aramaic in English version is somewhat different:

In the origin The Word had been existing and That Word had been existing with God and That Word was himself God.
    Word in Greek is "logos".

As Logos has the double meaning of thought and speech, so Christ is related to God as the word to the idea, the word being not merely a name for the idea, but the idea itself expressed. The thought is the inward word (Dr. Schaff compares the Hebrew expression "I speak in my heart" for "I think").

The Logos of John is the real, personal God (1:1), the Word, who was originally before the creation with God, and was God, one in essence and nature, yet personally distinct (1:1, 18); the revealer and interpreter of the hidden being of God; the reflection and visible image of God, and the organ of all His manifestations to the world. Compare Hebrews 1:3. He made all things, proceeding personally from God for the accomplishment of the act of creation (1:3), and became man in the person of Jesus Christ, accomplishing the redemption of the world. Compare Philippians 2:6. (source)
    The typical modern Western culturalist might not be aware of the significance of speech and words although the power of words so the text may seem 'silly' or 'blank'. "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me". Ask someone who has received a jail sentence or a piece of mail saying they have cancer how 'silly' the idea of word power might be. The power of speech and words was highly regarded in ancient Egypt and in ancient Greece.

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. Hebrews 11:3
    Related:
    Last edited by allodial; 12-26-15 at 05:33 AM.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2

yes, as I suspected, there is a lot more to this and probably a very good direction to take in studies.

I got side tracked a bit on metatron and melchezidek again but only for a few moments.

pheonecian language seems to be the oldest according to the common records available. I wonder has anyone recreated it by voice and if that is available? off to youtube first, maybe we can hear something of it?

thanks for the tips and comments, as always.. good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    enabling Refusal for Cause in almost all contract presentments.
    hey David,

upon another read, this stuck out for me. you write "almost all" and I wonder now what types of contract presentments would be the exception? mainly, in order to get a better view of mechanisms of contracting and how they might differ.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    yes, as I suspected, there is a lot more to this and probably a very good direction to take in studies.

I got side tracked a bit on metatron and melchezidek again but only for a few moments.

pheonecian language seems to be the oldest according to the common records available. I wonder has anyone recreated it by voice and if that is available? off to youtube first, maybe we can hear something of it?

thanks for the tips and comments, as always.. good stuff!
    You might surprised or not of the connection between Hebrew, Greek. There was a book called "Hebrew Is Greek" by a Joseph Yahuda ~ 1982. The author AFAIK is referring mainly to pre-Homeric Greek. On that note, it has been suggested that after 'Exodus' some wound up where is today called Greece. Note: I don't necessarily agree with the author's conclusions. The point really is to get at a potential of a more meaty and interesting link of Hebrew, Phonecian, Egyptian/Coptic languages. While there might be similarities between Greek and Hebrew I dunno if I'd go as far as Yahuda. What would one expect from languages spoken in close proximity? Maybe a link back to Coptic/Egyptian might be more worthy of study? Afterall, ancient Egyptian words show up in the OT Hebrew--even in the Book of Genesis. The over-emphasis on a Hebrew-Greek seems more like a diversion as opposed to a Hebrew-Chaldee-Phoencian-Egyptian/Coptic study.

Name:  dcf2b06524f01530e091c971681911df-g.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  42.3 KB

Greek was probably influenced by Egyptian languages. Maybe even Akadian?
    Last edited by allodial; 01-04-16 at 10:01 AM.

Con founding a language when did man master the word making his own language enough that biblically it needed a tongue transformation into many or can language be just trusts.That founding language translated Just about every major translation has "the word was god".The confounding practise is to keep the word or the trust. I trust latin is that refounding of the founding language or the new manipulation any one word. God keeps his word in every tongue especially if your not following .

hi allodial & xparte,

Im more surprised to learn about Hieratic.. so close to heretic LOL Id never heard of it or demotic prior to the youtube audio in the topic I recently posted in words and terms section.

I think he is onto something.

edit: wikipedia link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hieratic "priestly writing"

thanks
    Last edited by george; 01-05-16 at 01:10 AM.