Thread: Translated? (Enoch)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    how is "translated" translated?

about enoch was translated into heaven. im looking at this from a john 1:1 perspective right now and I wonder what others here think about this. it may have something to do with the name? a new name maybe?

thanks
    I think of there being two figures who were transfigured, rather than suffering death to the flesh. Enoch and Elijah. Spiritually I believe that none of us ever die.

I like reference to a New Name. There is a mention that this new name is like a white stone and that I believe refers to juries of old. After hearing testimony and findings of fact the jurists would put one or the other, a white stone or a black stone into a basket to vote on a verdict. Since they had these stones in their hands during deliberations we get a smooth white stone symbolizing acquittal. I have associated this new smooth white stone with the true name for a long time. On the Libel of Review we can see how setting up the evidence repository in the true name (first and middle) distinguishes the man or woman from the TRUST NAME on banking and driver license ID enabling Refusal for Cause in almost all contract presentments.

Studying the Book of Mark reveals how people thought John was channel for Elijah. So in my interpretation I imagine John was a true Prophet of God and the King of Israel's prophet to King Archelaus HEROD. Also there is a Jewish tradition at Passover where Dad will slip out the back, go to the front door and knock. Everybody at the meal will await in anticipation like it is the Prophet Elijah at the door, come to initiate the Messianic Age. When Dad comes in instead the dinner guests say, Maybe next year in Jerusalem!

I have used this model to explain how Elijah is "kosher" as a ghost because he was transfigured. In all other cases resurrection from the dead is considered against the law - necromancy and reanimation are considered against the natural laws of God.
    Last edited by David Merrill; 12-25-15 at 09:45 PM.