hi allodial, David,

blueletterbible.org looks to be quite handy for these things. bookmarked it. so it seems "translation" = metathesis which is a bit odd to me but interesting. cant figure out how to get to the hebrew and aramaic functions on that site. is that possible there? still clicking around.

and where did this text come from: http://savingtosuitorsclub.net/attac...1&d=1451078998 ?

"distinguishes the man or woman from the TRUST NAME" perhaps, a translation has occurred also?

"Jewish tradition at Passover where Dad will slip out the back, go to the front door and knock. Everybody at the meal will await in anticipation like it is the Prophet Elijah at the door" i guess its not as strange as the santa claus tradition and certainly much older than it.

I dont know enough to comment on most of that David but I sure am perplexed by John 1:1 KJV, and consider if one is to use anothers translation (authority?) and "the word was god" I think it better to de-fine differently or at least re-fine the words.

thos are not my words but if I create my own new words then communication will be difficult with them but not completelt impossible.

thanks