Thread: Translated? (Enoch)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    Without truth or insight about reality and life and laws spirtual and physical, where would you or anyone else be?

You would call it 'religion'. But where would you be without the light of truth?
    thats an interesting thought to ponder actually. with so many truths and insights though things get very confusing. heck just the words we use are confusing once you start to "change the mind" (forget everything we thought we knew and start over. repent?) for instance: "light of truth" not unlike "state of kansas", or the constitution "of" instead of the constitution "for".

not to say that I think you are being deceptive at all allodial, Im grateful you are here and to be able to converse with you about these things! and youre at least part of the reason that i even notice what i might have not before, had you not been posting your truths here and elsewhere.

I'm not talking about perversion of truth for immoral political ends and objectives. Do you want the chaos of the heretical Gnostics where everything goes even murder is OK? Probably not.
    TBH it doesnt seem we are too far from that now and in many ways we are there. men acting as cops and soldiers seem to get away with murder often, no? and this is a large part of the reason I now question everything including my own long held beliefs in jesus. its not easy (very few could even deal with the thought of this even) life was much easier prior but this is where im at now and that is subject to change too.

where would we be? a different world, that is near certain.

As for cursive writing being used to hide something that makes little sense.
    yes, but i meant not so much the cursive part (but that does have the element of curse it seems) the hieretic but that is all new to me so more investigation needed.

In my studies it seems that cultures that were highly stratified with a small ruling elite and a large underclass promoted pictographic writing. Consider China (why is it that there is so little talk about the political structure of China in the MSM?), they have thousands of hieroglyphic characters. Typically the wealthy and elite learn them all or most of them or know way more and the 'plebes' who are left with a small and meager vocabulary. In contrast there is phonetics. In the USA, since WWII, there has been a trend to undermine phonetics in education and to instead teach the asinine "word picture" or "whole word" style of reading. The idea of using 'cursive' to hide something makes little sense and to suggest such seems very misleading because there is little difference in uncial and cursive in that they are both fundamentally phonetic. I have studied linguistics for decades. If you look at John Taylor Gatto's book The Underground History of American Education he gets into the phonetics vs. 'word pictures' style of teaching reading. Hiding something would probably tend to focus on pictographics vs phonetics.

A book that gets into development of "Hebrew" (aka Chaldee): Phonology and Morphology of Biblical Hebrew by Joshua Blau.
    see, this is why Im grateful and thankful to converse with you here. Im just now realizing that linguistics is a key, if not the key needed to unlock a major portion of life's mystery and so having the opportunity to discuss with those who have so much experience is invaluable. Im so glad you are here and share it with us allodial.

As for ancient Egyptian in the book of Genesis: Genesis 1-2 In Light Of Ancient Egyptian Creation Myths. Beware of the Babylonians because they have been claiming to be the source "of all things", when that might not be true. They try to claim Babylonian origins of Genesis, etc. when evidence is quite to the contrary--ancient Egyptian words that predate Babylon are found in the text.
    will check that out and probably have more questions too. thanks

Want to hide something with cursive writing? LOL--nonsense. You could make your own language or script instead. Consider this instead (as contrasted with phonetics):

Word pictures, like hieroglyphics would tend to hide the phonetic nature of speech and etymology of words.
    yes I see, for the longest time Ive thought that hieroglyphs pre-date written word.

If you study linguistics you'll see how its possible to control a people's entire reality through the words you teach them or don't teach them. Understand vs overstand (they left that one out). Consider 'upon' vs 'on' vs. 'in'--in and on are much the same word in other languages. (He was "upon the land", he was "on the land" vs "he was in the land". )
    yes, i agree, it is certainly a worthwhile study.

Regarding religion and such: IT WAS (PROGRESSIVE) HORACE MAN "FATHER OF COMMON (COMMUNIST) SCHOOLS" IN AMERICA THAT FIRST ATTACKED PHONETICS AS A METHOD OF TEACHING READING SKILLS. SURPRISE: THE FATHER OF COMMON SCHOOLS (OR PUBLIC EDUCATION) WAS ALSO THE FIRST TO ATTACK A SOUND APPROACH TO READING SKILLS -> IT SEEMS THAT DUMBING PEOPLE DOWN WAS HIS PRIMARY OBJECTIVE ALONG WITH HIS COHORT JOHN DEWEY.

They attacked that societies weren't overly-centralized and that power wasn't centralized in a few--and they attacked existing religion as part of their objectives.
    thats probably who got rid of teaching parsing. I never even knew what parsing was until discovering David-Wynn: Miller, he mentioned it and why it was stopped from being taught. he has a very unique insight into laguage for sure if not the most unique.

"Secularism" ...communism. "State as God". Maybe that's the kind of religion you might prefer instead, george?
    i dont think so, at least not "state as god" and dont know enough about secularism. communism is interesting only becasue I worked with three men from russia for a while who had been through alot over there then made it to america (their dreams come true or so they thought) and had been here for a couple of years and they left to go back to russia with a very bad taste in their mouth from our system. even said that communism sucked but was much better than the ways here because of the nickel and dime to death operations of our governmental system. said they actually had better living circumstances in soviet russia than here in the early 2000s these were good guys too, very intelligent and hard workers so that has always stuck with me and I could relate so much to the nickle and dimed to death, havnt looked at comunism the same since then either but Im not ready to endorse it yet either.

thanks for the suggestions here and the time and effort youve spent again too. also, please forgive me if I might make you angry or disgusted from time to time, not my intent at all. just trying to learn and not the best writer either.

thanks

edit:

OK, this is an interesting read.. all new to me the egyptian creation stories. what I noticed was that in all these creation stories, the water preexists/wasnt created, no? also, I thought Id read that elohim was plural and that is why some text read "let us create him"

also more aware now of an opposing story, that of the babylonian origin which obviously you dont subscribe to but since im not familiar with it or exactly why one or the other matters, I think I need to look it up now too. if you can further clarify any of this, it would also be helpful.

thanks
    Last edited by george; 01-07-16 at 05:09 AM.