Here are the facts and sequence of events...

1. In December '10 I renewed my driver license with a full reservation of rights "without prejudice" and "at arm's length" - the clerk issued the new license with this language on it.

2. At the end of February of this year, a cop pulled me over for making a left turn in a left turn lane -- yes, you read that right. (On top of that, the cop was in the right lane attempting to make a left turn -- he almost hit me). He has the gall to ticket me for improper lane usage and "failure to yield". I signed the ticket "without prejudice."

3. Within 72 hours, I sent back the ticket marked "RETURNED FOR CAUSE" with an accompanying letter explaining the cause; such cause being I made a full reservation of rights was made and therefore they had no personal jurisdiction in the matter and the cop/prosecutor should have known this; and, that I was traveling by right and am not acting as surety of fiduciary for the ALL CAPS NAME that has been charged.

4. The TRAFFIC VIOLATION BUREAU clerk wrote back "We received your 'Motion to Set Aside Default Judgment' and set it for a hearing on March 23."

5. Exercising my right of inquiry, I wrote back asking who made a motion as I had not. (I also made an offer to contract that if they failed to respond they would pay me for my time in court - $1,000 in pre-1933 in gold coin). They did not respond. But the clerk's office said by phone the March 23 "Court" (i.e. private company) date was still on and if I failed to show up, they would enter default judgment against me.

6. I went to Traffic (i.e. private company) court March 23 where the matter was called (thank you for accepting my Offer to Contract!), and the "judge" asked what my motion was. I responded I made no motion and was there solely for the purpose of inquiry; the City attorney girl then chimed in it was actually their motion and they were striking it. They then said I have until April 13 to "pay the ticket or make a motion."

Though they should have already dismissed/retired the entire matter, what might you all think is the next best course of action?