Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
My position is redemption.

Name:  12 USC 411 pre 1934.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  93.4 KB

Name:  12 USC 411.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  33.9 KB

Your appeasement seems oriented around an IRS agent's perceptions.
I see nothing has changed at the Church of Merrill. How quickly you and your toadies descend upon the slightest questioning of the "church doctrine." Just trying to help this "suitor" before he makes a dumb mistake with his tax filing.

How is not filing a return when I don't have to file a return "appeasement"? You don't even file a return yourself David. My only point is that you can claim you redeem lawful money or whatever your basis is for deeming a certain amount not to be "gross income" and then simply exclude the amount from gross income.

If you knew anything about Internal Revenue Code you would know something that is not subject to federal tax doesn't have to be reported in the first place. Taking a "deduction" of amounts redeemed in lawful money on a 1040 return is preposterous and demonstrates you have no clue whatsoever about the income tax. If you are dumb enough to file a return this way, you deserve to get hit with the $5,000 penalty. They clearly warn you in their frivolous position memo not to file a return taking any deduction that is not authorized in the Internal Revenue Code. So now it's "appeasement" to simply not do something IRS has warned the public is unlawful?

Just remember, everybody, Merrill doesn't file a return, but somehow thinks YOU should. Hypocrite!