Thread: On the Dangers of Neoliberalism (Books)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I am enjoying your posts above, Allodial. I of course overlay my genome heritage being that the Charter of Freedoms and Exemptions Granted to Patroons was in 1629.

With George WASHINGTON being crowned on the steps of the New York Masonic Lodge, and in the same breath continuing the Charter for Peter VAN PELT, freedom from American Manorial Law, it might become obvious that this neoliberalism is quite contrary to the founding structural intent. But then, it might be quite clear that the Masons are behind it?

I think the prior, for now. Calling Masons liberals is not a very good fit. And with METRO organization forming on clouds of virtual machinery through electronic-speed technology as the Masons grow whiter and die off much faster than any interest by the youth it would truly seem that neoliberalism is a Baby-Boomer backlash of some sort.

The repossession of A-China-Ca, as I depicted it at the beginning of this website (see the Articles) is so heavily underway that the books analyzing this migration of collection on the national debt seem such a waste. This take, and labeling it Neoliberalism might be a good way to break it out into bite-size pieces though. I purchased my Mandarin Chinese language lesson disks a moment before being absorbed by my appetite, and albeit tasty, was a little disappointed in myself for choosing Mexican cuisine.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    I think the prior, for now. Calling Masons liberals is not a very good fit. And with METRO organization forming on clouds of virtual machinery through electronic-speed technology as the Masons grow whiter and die off much faster than any interest by the youth it would truly seem that neoliberalism is a Baby-Boomer backlash of some sort.
    "Baby Boomer backlash" ... very interesting notion ->

Name:  Passing+the+buck.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  46.0 KB

Also, from the site which features that image:

It is well known that Baby Boomers and their successors, especially Generation Xers, do not see eye to eye. One commentator suggests that popular elections of the new Millennium's mid-teens will reflect a battle of generational interests. Boomers would have benefited from reaching out to their predecessors and their successors; but the media picture of them is one of a cohort who defined themselves by setting themselves apart from other age groups. Those age boundaries may ironically come back to haunt them.

We have far to go before we see the full implications of today's generation wars. Some Boomers have only in the past few months discovered that their generation is widely and increasingly despised. They react to vitriolic attacks with hostility, puzzlement and surprise. If today's online comments are anything to go by, Boomers face harsh retributions and social vulnerability once they head into their 80s. Even their power to sway elections may not mean much in the face of the coming generational backlash.

The backlash is mostly sparked by fears of downward mobility. This critique of Boomers, including a rigid and one-dimensional view of their youthful history, is gaining momentum.

Boomers are not alone in failures and shortcomings. To pick a not-so-stellar Gen X example, consider Mireille Silcoff, a writer for Canada's conservative paper, The National Post. Her column on 10 November 2012 (p. wp12), was spent vaguely puzzling over the fact that she employs Gen Y workers in an constant stream of unpaid internships. And when one of her journalist interns was actually paid on a recent job, she was paid 20 cents per word, which "is less than I made per word 20 years ago." And publishers wonder why print media are dying?

I don't mean to pick on Silcoff specifically. But her acquiescence in, and bland ponderings about, a plainly toxic system of training and employment typifies individual choices made on a day-to-day basis; and these choices generate many greater ills. Mid-late 20th century and early Millennial work cultures have taken professions, occupations and trades back to pre-1830 levels. At least in the 18th and 19th centuries, apprentices were supposedly (but not always) given enough to keep themselves alive. If you can't pay your interns, your recommendation is not worth the paper on which it is printed, because you are exploiting and reinforcing attitudes that are part of a vast systemic malaise. Any employer could rethink their model rather than slide passively into quasi-benevolent exploitation. And if you can pay your interns, but don't bother because, 'that is the score, 'that is how the system is now,' 'that is how they learn the ropes, by starting at the bottom, etc. etc.,' how do you sleep at night?

This is the complacency of those who can and do pass the buck and dump the cost of their errors or shortcomings on anyone beneath them in the hierarchy. Equally culpable are those who recognize the problems but do little or nothing about them in terms of larger action. These attitudes are gutting anything that once made the pillars of industry and society worthwhile. Those worthwhile values were not entitlement, profit, material wealth and self-righteous exploitation of one's place in the hierarchy, but of mutual responsibility, duty, dignity and human decency. Nor is this simply a critique of capitalism. Soullessness is the heart of the problem and it equally plagues different political persuasions, our social behaviour and our bank accounts.

In short, Boomers are not the only ones to blame for the brutalization and impoverishment of politics, culture, the economy and society. We are all suffering, in different ways, from a loss in our ability to sympathize - with others, with ourselves. (Source)

The repossession of A-China-Ca, as I depicted it at the beginning of this website (see the Articles) is so heavily underway that the books analyzing this migration of collection on the national debt seem such a waste. This take, and labeling it Neoliberalism might be a good way to break it out into bite-size pieces though. I purchased my Mandarin Chinese language lesson disks a moment before being absorbed by my appetite, and albeit tasty, was a little disappointed in myself for choosing Mexican cuisine.
    Neoliberalism seems to be a 'catch-all' term used to avoid actually saying what it really is or to avoid calling something what it really is. As for collecting on the national debt, the problem is that even that isn't necessarily what it seems to be. As in, 10 people owe Guido, but Guido is acting like its 10,000,000,000. Of course, Guido is hoping 9,999,999,990 will be stupid enough. Seems the odds are against Guido.
    Last edited by allodial; 02-10-16 at 01:14 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

"Baby-Boomer backlash" Backlash against what?

That notion is outright incredulous. If anything, the "boomers" should kneel down and kiss their parents asses for giving them a life exponentially better than they had it. Then again, the "greatest generation" has some blame too for spoiling their kids and not teaching them the same values and morals that got them through the depression and WWII.

When people do not teach their progeny morals, gratitude, work ethic and to NEVER forsake their Creator, no matter how "good" they think they have it, you get a selfish, ego-maniacal, narcissistic and amoral generation who discards everything that gave them the life they enjoy simply because they were spoiled, and persuaded through deception, that they should not "trust anyone over 30". Smoking plenty of weed didn't help them either.

The American "Keiretsu" knows how to push the right buttons in order to keep the "power" and "wealth" they worship.