This is regarding the Triumvirate:

I spoke with a suitor being charged with felony wiretapping for recording the police breaking into his car. I presume he was inside the car recording things on his phone - likely presumptions if you don't mind for now. As this develops I will fill in details for the edification of Readers and Members here.

For One- it smacks of desperation. Once in, the police could not find so much as a cold roach, in other words.

Secondly though, this charge taken literally, and presumed to drive a plea for lesser charges exposes something delightful. Wiretapping is a violation, monitoring or intercepting signal intelligence that is not meant for you; in other words information that is owned prior to it becoming illegitimately obtained by the defendant.

The phone monitors information of sight and sound.

Therefore the claim in the charge is that the experience of the police breaking into the car - the sights and sounds - are signal intelligence, that is information that is owned by the "charging authority".

My premise as clarified by watching a rerun of Kung Fu last night is that true ownership cannot be derived by registration and intentional subjugation alone. There must be a CHRIST Jesus component called Truth. In the episode, young Jody FOSTER believes she saw CAINE shoot a man dead. During the skirmish that is what her young eyes saw. - Her perceptions, albeit not knowledge. CAINE flashed back to his loss of innocence when he lied to protect a thief from execution. While the life of the thief was preserved, it saddened Master PO that CAINE was compelled to lie.

I have often thought that for a left lane light violation, and the traditional offer to plead down to a broken headlight it would be amusing when returning to the courtroom after the DA meeting/agreement and say:

Yes your honor. Before the memory of my dead mother and God himself I swear up and down before this honorable court that I did not run a pink left turn arrow and instead what I did was continue driving my car around town with a broken headlight. I swear to God!

I think that might be my kind of fun!

P.S. My point being the dishonorable flourish on your dishonor.