Thread: The Guarani Aquifer (or "Brazil and Global Water Opression")

The Guarani Aquifer (or "Brazil and Global Water Opression")

The Guarani Aquifer (or "Brazil and Global Water Opression")
    Attachment 3611
    What a coincidence right? Lies about Zika, storm troopers going house-to-house to look for 'standing water' and adding pesticides to it in Brazil and just happens some well-known US-ian made an investment in land associated with the Guarani Aquifer.
    The Guarani Aquifer, located beneath the surface of Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, and Uruguay, is one of the world's largest aquifer systems and is an important source of fresh water.[1] Named after the Guarani people, it covers 1,200,000 square kilometres (460,000 sq mi), with a volume of about 40,000 cubic kilometres (9,600 cu mi), a thickness of between 50 metres (160 ft) and 800 metres (2,600 ft) and a maximum depth of about 1,800 metres (5,900 ft). It is estimated to contain about 37,000 cubic kilometres (8,900 cu mi) of water (arguably the largest single body of groundwater in the world, although the overall volume of the constituent parts of the Great Artesian Basin is much larger), with a total recharge rate of about 166 km³/year from precipitation. It is said that this vast underground reservoir could supply fresh drinking water to the world for 200 years. However, at closer inspection, if the world population were to stay at an equilibrium of about 6.96 billion, not even taking into account that babies need less water than grown adults, this figure reaches 1600 years, allowing about 9 liters per day per person. Due to an expected shortage of fresh water on a global scale, which environmentalists suggest will become critical in under 20 years, this important natural resource is rapidly becoming politicised, and the control of the resource becomes ever more controversial.
    That is why I found something that the Bush family did during George W.’s second term very intriguing.

The Bush family bought the rights to water. They bought the rights to a shockingly large amount of water.

In total, the Bush family in 2005 and 2006 purchased 298,840 acres of land, in the Paraguayan Chaco, of all places. I don’t think the intention here was to have a nice vacation spot. This land sits squarely on top of one of the largest freshwater aquifers in the world, called Acuifero Guarani.

Acuifero Guarani covers roughly 460,000 square miles (or 1,200,000 of my Canadian kilometers) under parts of Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay and Argentina. It is estimated to contain about 8,900 cubic miles (37,000 cubic kilometers) of water.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around 37,000 cubic kilometers, but I’m certain it is a lot of liquid. For some perspective on how big that is, consider that just the footprint is nearly three times the size of the state of California.

Wouldn’t you love to know what high-level intelligence the Bush family has been privy to over the years that would make them go out and buy hundreds of thousands of acres of water rights in a remote South American country? (source)
    So basically, dependency on Petrol is at its end so those who love living off the backs of others are seeking to make water (70% of the planet) scarce in order to create a (very captive) market--that is dirty. Prima facie evidence that they're at their (wit's) end.

Related

Attachment 3612
    Last edited by allodial; 03-07-16 at 07:45 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Its so sad that George Bush would never ever be able to go there with out being charged with war crimes and rot in a south American prison.