Thread: No Credit - No ID Required

No Credit - No ID Required

I love teaching about this - it seems pretty consistent banker policy, in alignment with natural (divine) law. See how the store manager easily verifies, "Oh, its Pre-Pay, nevermind."

No ID Required.

P.S. Remember last time how I started getting upset? A big fellow suddenly appears before me with threatening kinesics! This time I simply refused to discuss my reasoning. However you see my attention divert to the left, with a big fellow on my right too. This is probably all going on subconsciously but there is a distinctive push to get me into debt.

The small woman looks at the offer of assistance from the big sales agent and dismisses him. I did not get the full offer on the camera.

My take is that Information is the new currency. When they get you unable to pay, T-Mobile will gladly extend you a month or two credit - at which point they own your Information and can sell it.

Furthermore, an old man came in while I was there and the same thing. He likes walking to the store and pre-paying. I wanted to jump in and explain the reasons why he was so uncomfortable with their offer for all the benefits of post-pay, but for some reason bit my tongue.
    Last edited by David Merrill; 04-19-16 at 01:55 PM.

Interestingly enough, someone showed me a text from one of the other cellphone companies begins with a V where they are giving a "special offer" as a kind of "bonus" in the form of an extra two weeks to pay your pre-paid bill in case you might be unable to. Same idea it seems.

On that note, I recall going to a big box store to obtain a 'wireless internet puck' as a gift. They kept telling me their policy is to require ID. Actually, I didn't have any of that kind of State ID on me. While I didn't put up any stink, a logical reason for "requiring" State ID was never given. I'm thinking if its a gift, why would I want my information associated with a device for someone else. And yes of course, there is a registration process. I asked, if I go online and buy it none of this is required, right? She said. Yes. So I was like OK I can just order it online. To make a long story short, I obtained the device and without showing any ID. Maybe they want ID so they can do a credit check and hard sell you a post-pay plan that "you can't refuse"--but first they want to do a credit check to see if you'd make a good...

Name:  Piñata.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  88.6 KB

...victim.
    Last edited by allodial; 04-19-16 at 01:59 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.