Thread: Presenting Driver License Card

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Presenting Driver License Card

This is generic enough to share in an Opening Post:

Just ignore all the banker thrills. Get it between your ears that you are not the Government BABY (ISSUE) on the Card. Therefore you do not use the card for Identification Purposes. Use it to prove competency only. Express this at the Stop and usually the constable goes away, "Have a nice day."

My preferred method is keep the Card, Proof and Registration in the clear plastic folder provided by the insurance company. I hand them over together saying, "You can TAKE what you need out." Therefore the Cop does the UnderTAKING.

That may be a bit deep if you don't attend at www.lawfulmoneytrust.com but this is some finished trust law at work. Or - "You can TAKE the card off the dashboard if you have to USE it."

The officer returned the card with an advisement about lane conformity (in a snowstorm) and offered me his business card. He opened friendly discussion and kept asking me if I had any questions. I have never seen this behavior. Then he began promoting that I might become a consultant for him, further encouraging me to please contact him, writing his business cell phone number on the card. I was finding some sticky situations with a trust agreement and contacted him about a month later and we had some very constructive conversations.

P.S. Since I keep the card in my glove box I have memorized the NUMBER on it in case I am pulled over driving somebody else's car. As shown around here I use my Redemption Stamp for my signature when transacting money and my passport and ID spell my name, David Merrill. The State's driver license card is clearly signed, "David Merrill."
    Last edited by David Merrill; 04-20-16 at 04:11 PM.