Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Presenting Driver License Card

Presenting Driver License Card

This is generic enough to share in an Opening Post:

Just ignore all the banker thrills. Get it between your ears that you are not the Government BABY (ISSUE) on the Card. Therefore you do not use the card for Identification Purposes. Use it to prove competency only. Express this at the Stop and usually the constable goes away, "Have a nice day."

My preferred method is keep the Card, Proof and Registration in the clear plastic folder provided by the insurance company. I hand them over together saying, "You can TAKE what you need out." Therefore the Cop does the UnderTAKING.

That may be a bit deep if you don't attend at www.lawfulmoneytrust.com but this is some finished trust law at work. Or - "You can TAKE the card off the dashboard if you have to USE it."

The officer returned the card with an advisement about lane conformity (in a snowstorm) and offered me his business card. He opened friendly discussion and kept asking me if I had any questions. I have never seen this behavior. Then he began promoting that I might become a consultant for him, further encouraging me to please contact him, writing his business cell phone number on the card. I was finding some sticky situations with a trust agreement and contacted him about a month later and we had some very constructive conversations.

P.S. Since I keep the card in my glove box I have memorized the NUMBER on it in case I am pulled over driving somebody else's car. As shown around here I use my Redemption Stamp for my signature when transacting money and my passport and ID spell my name, David Merrill. The State's driver license card is clearly signed, "David Merrill."
    Last edited by David Merrill; 04-20-16 at 04:11 PM.

A motorist competency certificate can be very handy as well. Can be on paper (letter-sized, 8.5" x 5'5", etc).
    Last edited by allodial; 04-21-16 at 02:01 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

When original competency certificate or a DL number means identifying competency only insurance current registration and standing is extremely handy if commercial suspended from operating driving or acting like a DRIVER embellishments are how this story goes wrong just what's his and mine.Can a competency certificate be also disqualified or prohibited for minor traffic violations with no injured people competency and intelligence has a new identity Me.Do i need a bucket of fish in the vehical it might identify comerse as demonstrated you are a commercial driver.nothing fishy

LEO comes back with that number is suspended what NUMBER

Why would you or anybody else even consider presenting a driver's license card?
    (Georgia) O.C.G.A. § 17-6-11. Display of driver's license for violation of certain traffic related laws; suspension of license; organ donation; arrest; seizure of license

(a) Any other laws to the contrary notwithstanding, any person who is apprehended by an officer for the violation of the laws of this state or ordinances relating to:

(1) Traffic, including any offense under Code Section 40-5-72 or 40-6-10, but excepting any other offense for which a license may be suspended for a first offense by the commissioner of driver services, any offense covered under Code Section 40-5-54, or any offense covered under Article 15 of Chapter 6 of Title 40; upon being served with the official summons issued by such apprehending officer,

in lieu of being immediately brought before the proper magistrate, recorder, or other judicial officer to enter into a formal recognizance or make direct the deposit of a proper sum of money

in lieu of a recognizance ordering incarceration, may display his or her driver's license to the apprehending officer

in lieu of bail,

in lieu of entering into a recognizance for his or her appearance for trial as set in the aforesaid summons, or

in lieu of being incarcerated by the apprehending officer and held for further action by the appropriate judicial officer.

The apprehending officer shall note the driver's license number on the official summons. The summons duly served as provided in this Code section shall give the judicial officer jurisdiction to dispose of the matter.

(b) Upon display of the driver's license, the apprehending officer shall release the person so charged for his or her further appearance before the proper judicial officer as required by the summons. The court in which the charges are lodged shall immediately forward to the Department of Driver Services of this state the driver's license number if the person fails to appear and answer to the charge against him or her. The commissioner of driver services shall, upon receipt of a license number forwarded by the court, suspend the driver's license and driving privilege of the defaulting person until notified by the court that the charge against the person has been finally adjudicated. Such person's license shall be reinstated if the person submits proof of payment of the fine from the court of jurisdiction and pays to the Department of Driver Services a restoration fee of $50.00 or $25.00 when such reinstatement is processed by mail.
    By presenting a driver's license card. One is self admitting that probable cause exists and one is most certainly not going to argue or contest the probable cause. The driver's License itself become the Bail/Bond.

in lieu of being immediately brought before the proper magistrate, recorder, or other judicial officer to enter into a formal recognizance or make direct the deposit of a proper sum of money

in lieu of a recognizance ordering incarceration, may display his or her driver's license to the apprehending officer

in lieu of bail,

in lieu of entering into a recognizance for his or her appearance for trial as set in the aforesaid summons, or

in lieu of being incarcerated by the apprehending officer and held for further action by the appropriate judicial officer.
    TITLE 17.**CRIMINAL PROCEDURE *
    CHAPTER 6.**BONDS AND RECOGNIZANCES *
    ARTICLE 1.**GENERAL PROVISIONS

O.C.G.A. § 17-6-16 *

§ 17-6-16.**Entry of memorandum on warrant after waiver of commitment hearing and tender of bail

If the accused person waives a commitment hearing and tenders bail, a memorandum of these facts shall be entered on the warrant by the person authorized to accept bail; and this waiver may be done by the person charged before arrest and, when done, shall operate as a supersedeas.
    Last edited by Shuftin; 06-01-16 at 12:15 PM.

And we are not involved in LAW. We are engaged in a Court of "Policy."

GEORGIA CODE

TITLE 17. CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
    CHAPTER 2. JURISDICTION AND VENUE

O.C.G.A. § 17-2-1

§ 17-2-1. Jurisdiction over crimes and persons charged with commission of crimes generally

(a) It is the policy of this state to exercise its jurisdiction over crime and persons charged with the commission of crime to the fullest extent allowable under, and consistent with, the Constitution of this state and the Constitution of the United States.

(b) Pursuant to this policy, a person shall be subject to prosecution in this state for a crime which he commits, while either within or outside the state, by his own conduct or that of another for which he is legally accountable, if:--------------------

Then there is always "Void for Vagueness." WHY??? A driver's license card is an "Effect."
    Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
    CHAPTER 5. DRIVERS' LICENSES
    ARTICLE 2. ISSUANCE, EXPIRATION, AND RENEWAL OF LICENSES

O.C.G.A. § 40-5-29 License to be carried and exhibited on demand

(a) Every licensee shall have his driver's license in his immediate possession at all times when operating a motor vehicle.

(b) Every licensee shall display his license upon the demand of a law enforcement officer. Why??? In lieu of what??? See above. A refusal to comply with such demand not only shall constitute a violation of this subsection but shall also give rise to a presumption of a violation of subsection (a) of this Code section and of Code Section 40-5-20.

(c) A person convicted of a violation of subsection (a) of this Code section shall be fined no more than $10.00 if he produces in court a license theretofore issued to him and valid at the time of his arrest.

HISTORY: Ga. L. 1937, p. 322, art. 4, § 7; Ga. L. 1951, p. 598, § 4; Code 1933, § 68B-210, enacted by Ga. L. 1975, p. 1008, § 1; Ga. L. 1990, p. 2048, § 4.

Shuftin brings up some valid points.

I believe any person who is licensed as a chauffeur/driver/operator and transports persons or cargo for compensation or hire should properly display his license. You are using the common ways for business. You must be regulated to keep the people, like me, safe. That is what the licensing jurisdiction, District of Columbia, requires of you, and you agreed and are obligated to display it. Either you agree to engage in the regulated activity in that profession in that jurisdiction or you do not. Don't play games.

FYI, on all license applications I have read, you are agreeing under penalty of perjury to a certain citizenship/residency status that may be to your detriment. I recommend reading those applications and studying the legal definitions!

what if one doesn't qualify for the privilege of a DL?

1. If you're not eligible, you can present proof of that too. Not a resident? No SSN? No last name?
    2. If you have the right to drive, perhaps you can present proof of that too?
    3. If you have the competencies or skills required of a motorist, maybe you can provide proof of that also?
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.