Ego is this estate of knowledge we have built up in our head that we have spent so much time investing in, this estate then becomes sentimental to us and very difficult to let go, it also acts as a defensive tool when we believe someone is wrong and has the manifestation in appearance to be in controversy to the estate of knowledge holding sentiment. Believe me I understand, had to go through this myself, once crossed over from what I was doing before I knew then the trash had to be taken out of my head.
Not sure if you remember, but I wrote up a post to what one would say in court with what our study group knows which runs parallel to a lot of things found in Libel in Review. The intent was not to take away from Libel in Review, but make it a stronger tool. Also remember me saying that I try to live with no absolutes, it is got me this far, moved into this area back in August of 2004, on the way my vehicle broke down and I pulled into Raleigh with a little more then $50 in my pocket and I am still here, I don't think would have made it if my world was filled with absolutes.

I have had many of long nights too, when we were all first putting this stuff together.