Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Money Order question

This is what I was trying to do with the money order:

Quote Originally Posted by motla68 View Post
    Yes, this is slick move, have done it a few times myself. It is called a simple trust, another way to do it is create an agreement for performance, don't forget to put the serial # of a U.S. Postal Money order in it, send it with the U.S. Postal Money order, when it is accepted and then send you receipt or you can have a tracer done on it to prove it was cashed they now have agreed to the performance.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince people they've been fooled. ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    is it still a red fox? why is it so hard to get? Ive read some prefer them on more serious contracts but a simple 2cent stamp should serve the same purpose, no? maybe not backed by gold though, if that is what the fox stamp actually is (so they say anyway)
    I've heard to only use stamps which are lawful money, and the Red Fox is only on e-bay and I needed something quick, no time to wait for it to arrive. Figured a money order is the next best thing. Plus I could use my new Lawful Money ink stamper for the memo line.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince people they've been fooled. ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by EZrhythm View Post
    I have used 2 cent stamps for the purpose quite satisfactorily so I see no reason to acquire Red Fox stamps nor MO's for my paperworks. For other circumstances I have printed the State flag on the upper left corner also achieving satisfaction. ...Remembering that it isn't the stamps nor flag that "work", it is standing behind my paperworks that achieves satisfactions.

I - can - get - mo... sat-tis-fac-tion
    I've seen different info about stamps as consideration. One is, if you sign thru the stamp, it makes you the postmaster of that document the stamp is on, and the court has no jurisdiction over that document. Backed by the UPU.

Then I've heard -- any stamp is fine on the back of a document.

Then I've heard -- don't sign thru the stamp on the back, the court will cancel those with their court stamper.

Then I've heard - -the 2 cent stamp is the original dejure stamp, so use that.

I can't get no satisfaction!

Yes, standing on your paperwork is key.

Quote Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
    This is what I was trying to do with the money order:
    OK, thats cool! what thread is that matla68 quote from? mis that guy.. enjoy triangulating stuff into my own methods from his and others variances in perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    OK, thats cool! what thread is that matla68 quote from? mis that guy.. enjoy triangulating stuff into my own methods from his and others variances in perspective.
    http://savingtosuitorsclub.net/showt...-a-trust/page2

I remember the Postmaster of the Document was cited in the Universal Postal Union constitution. I did a word search and found nothing though.

Those of you who redeem lawful money might understand that you have no power or authority to "deface" the private credit of the Fed. So the cancellation of the stamp - lawful money - is an expression of authority; like the postmaster has to cancel value in the same stamps. So it makes sense the citation. I have just never seen anything on it in the DMM (Domestic Mail Manual) or in the UPU docs.

http://www.upu.int/uploads/tx_sbdown...onManualEn.pdf
    Last edited by David Merrill; 04-23-17 at 06:17 AM.