Thread: Deviant Oath? - Not a judge!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Re: the will of God
    There are some who see God as a micromanager of their lives when it comes to "doing the will of God". I see the will of God as more of you work with the Original Plan or you work against it. You love your neighbor as you love yourself (hopefully you love yourself to start!) or you don't. Love of course in the sense of a kind that stems out of sound mind and sound morals and sound doctrine (i.e. having sex with your hog isn't the kind of love of discussion). The automaton, Divine micromanager "What sock do I put on first? What hand should I put out first to get the sock?" view, I don't see as scriptural.

I've met people who would swear up and down they were doing the will of God when they abandoned their children, mistreated their husband, stole money from people regardless of the admonition to put duty to family before duty to the secular or to put the body of Christ before the secular.

“Which commandment is the most important of all?” 29 Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” 32 And the scribe said to him, “You are right, Teacher.
    If you were to hate your neighbor and yourself, perhaps you'd not be doing God's will?
    Last edited by allodial; 09-20-16 at 10:25 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.