Thread: Abide vs Reside.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Abide vs Reside.

I have struggled with the book of Job for a long time, interestingly enough the first insight into the book came as I was sitting in jail opposite the cell of an arm robber whom was well known to the authorities. In another cell there was a young man complaining that God was punishing him, the well known arm robber told him to shut up, that it wasn't God that was punishing him, that it was Satan's job to punish for the action he had committed. My ears perked up, I had avoided saying anything to anyone, but everyone knew I was in trouble because the cops kept harassing me and trying to incite me to violence.

Then suddenly he locked eyes on me, and said, you know I am being wrongly accused, I wasn't nowhere near where they claim the robbery took place, I have a new baby at home and they are trying to lock me up. I said to him, well, why don't you tell that to the judge? When the arraignment came up, he said to the judge, "Sir, I know I have done really bad things, but this crime I have not committed, I was not anywhere near the area they are claiming I was. I have a newborn at home and I haven't seen her in days since you have me locked up in here." The judge made inquiries and they let him go.

Well, this morning, I wasn't feeling like my normal self and was feeling lazy about my daily Bible reading, but something nudge me to open up the book and read. I came across this great revelation:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...21&version=NIV

Job 38:19-21New International Version (NIV)

“What is the way to the abode of light?
    And where does darkness reside?
    Can you take them to their places?
    Do you know the paths to their dwellings?
    Surely you know, for you were already born!
    You have lived so many years!

Are you a resident? Do you reside in darkness?

Or do you abide in Light? Is the commercial aspect of residing in a district part of darkness? Think about it. Come out of her! Stop residing and abide in Light!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Gavilan; 07-15-16 at 01:27 PM.