Thread: Lara BOYD on Neuroplasticity

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    *yawn* again. I see that you simply are comfortable with your world view and take such comfort as court actionable truth. "It doesn't bother me so I don't want to hear it." There are things being done and actions being taken. The infrastructure is to be upgraded. By shining light on a situation, the roaches tend to scatter and often the right kind of people get involved. But it has taken a long time for the purveyors of the evil to yield.

You clearly mistake that your eyes only see discussion and your "impeccable" feelings for lack of action elsewhere (i.e. you don't see it so it doesn't' exist--that is fair enough). Of course, I've met plenty folks who (perhaps like yourself?) make a lot of noise and effort in arriving at reasons to ignoring the plight of others or prospective dangers: "It doesn't bother me. I'm happy. So who cares. As a matter of fact, there isn't anything to care about cos I'm happy where I am."

In fact, there is plenty of activity toward improving infrastructure throughout America. But you'd probably rather focus on the petty aspects their analysis which might offend you. I don't suspect in your comfort you've bothered to notice the deteriorated and dilapidated condition of infrastructure throughout the USA and the obstructionism that has resisted law and equity: sometimes some folks have nefarious motives and hide it.

Obviously, as you very well know, this is hardly an attempt at a court case sworn under oath or to condemn anyone. Simply, you're saying that you're entitled to your opinion and being entrenched therein. Perhaps you lack interested or capacity to investigate anything anything outside of your comfort zone without projecting yourself into everything as a self-defense mechanism for for shoring up your comfy-ness.

You're missing the point: everyone in Flint (regardless of what they looked like and evidently due to economic and appearance based classism) was being fed lead Kool-Aid except for those wise enough to avoid it. I wasn't aiming to dwell on whether economic classism or appearance-based classissm was the most important 'bad guy': the authors of the articles and my own first-hand experience evidence a systematic, hateful motive in more locations than just Flint. Like anyone, you're likely emotionally vested in your views. The point isn't all about passing judgment against anyone: but that the evidence of systematic nefarity is mounting and not just in Flint.

I'm neither a White Supremacist, Black Supremacist or Asian Supremacist. In my experience, physical appearance doesn't necessary make someone good, bad, smarter or better than another. Instead, I might more of a Good-Soul Supremacist. Maybe the 'threat' of a merit-based society is what really disturbs you.
    Last edited by allodial; 07-25-16 at 07:52 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.